PDA

View Full Version : Do Forums really do any good in changing policy?: Synthetics

Igeteven
04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Do Forums really do any good in changing policy.

Synthetics, we all state our opinions, we fight back and fourth

Question,

Are the tracks listening?, are they willing to corporate with the people? or are we all wasting our time?

Good luck

Lester

Greyfox
04-03-2010, 12:57 PM
$$ Money talks loudest. If you don't like synthetic tracks, don't play them. You'd be voting with your bucks.
Personally, I have no problems with playing synthetic surfaces. In fact I like them.
Do message boards influence tracks? Probably.
We're not unanimous about poly or not. Obviously Igeteven you think we're definitive about not wanting the stuff. That's your opinion.

46zilzal
04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Don't know about tracks listening, but lessons learned, or more often re-kindled that were lost, have been beneficial to me over my time here.

GaryG
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
If they do pay attention to this forum the vitriolic diatribes about "polycrap" would make it appear that we are all a bunch of nuts, when in fact only a few of us are raving loonies. Intelligent discussions couldn't hurt.

toussaud
04-03-2010, 01:14 PM
If they do pay attention to this forum the vitriolic diatribes about "polycrap" would make it appear that we are all a bunch of nuts, when in fact only a few of us are raving loonies. Intelligent discussions couldn't hurt.
It's no different than any other major sports. for instance I'm a big razorback fan. There is no one hardly, in Arkansas that wants our current basketball coach there for obvious reasons.

Instead of having intelligent conversations.. like his entire class of 2008-09 of 6, is now down to 2 players because he kicked the rest of them off the team or how he has a career win percentage of like .53 percent.. that wont' cut it at arkansas, the forums resort to things like saying he is abusing prescription drugs or making fun of his wardrobe, etc. does not help the cause and makes the entire fanbase look crazy

Fager Fan
04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
The BC has stated many times that they don't care what anyone -- horsemen and owners and breeders and handicappers -- say, that they'll simply do as they wish, because they can.

therussmeister
04-03-2010, 09:35 PM
If tracks are listening, they are listening to the horsemen.

Count me in as one of the bettors that does quite well on synthetics.

ALostTexan
04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I can tell you to rest assured that Rillito Park IS listening and we are NOT putting in a synthetic track for our 2011 or 2012 racing seasons.

Greyfox
04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
I can tell you to rest assured that Rillito Park IS listening and we are NOT putting in a synthetic track for our 2011 or 2012 racing seasons.

Rillito Park??? Four years ago the councillors wanted to turn it into soccer fields. The place seems "touch and go."
Not spending money on poly crap seems to be a "no brainer."
Unless the local soccer association wants to "foot the bill.":D

ALostTexan
04-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Rillito Park??? Four years ago the councillors wanted to turn it into soccer fields. The place seems "touch and go."
Not spending money on poly crap seems to be a "no brainer."
Unless the local soccer association wants to "foot the bill.":D

We will not be installing a synthetic track but we probably will be implementing the same system as Hollywood Park for painting the horses. That is in the discussions...

Rillito Park News Release on Synthetic Tracks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire)

Greyfox
04-04-2010, 12:41 AM
We will not be installing a synthetic track but we probably will be implementing the same system as Hollywood Park for painting the horses. That is in the discussions...

Rillito Park News Release on Synthetic Tracks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire)

:lol: :lol: Ok. I see where you're coming from. :lol: :lol:

Bettowin
04-04-2010, 02:47 AM
It's no different than any other major sports. for instance I'm a big razorback fan. There is no one hardly, in Arkansas that wants our current basketball coach there for obvious reasons.

Instead of having intelligent conversations.. like his entire class of 2008-09 of 6, is now down to 2 players because he kicked the rest of them off the team or how he has a career win percentage of like .53 percent.. that wont' cut it at arkansas, the forums resort to things like saying he is abusing prescription drugs or making fun of his wardrobe, etc. does not help the cause and makes the entire fanbase look crazy

Dana Altman saw something that made him turn tail and run back to Creighton after he accepted the job at Arkansas and it turned out to be a very smart move.

Now back to horserasing:)

WinterTriangle
04-04-2010, 03:02 AM

I saw this username once and really liked it: Typingisnotactivism.

Bettowin
04-04-2010, 03:21 AM

Synthetics, we all state our opinions, we fight back and fourth

Question,

Are the tracks listening?, are they willing to corporate with the people? or are we all wasting our time?

Good luck

Lester

Internet forums have no chance at changing policy but forum posters have a chance at shutting down forums.

CincyHorseplayer
04-04-2010, 04:45 AM
The way I see it is you have to start somewhere.HANA started up out of common interests and is getting a head full of steam.Paceadvantage is the dominant staple of horse racing sites.Getting together a collective opinion is a place to start.

What effect it will have,who knows??

But with guys like Platt putting themselves front and center and being heard and pointing out a place like this I think the voice of us players will be heard sooner than etc etc etc.

Tom
04-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Paceadvantage is the dominant staple of horse racing sites.Getting together a collective opinion is a place to start.

Yeah, we all agree on so much here, and get along so nice! :lol:

Foolish Pleasure
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Posting on forums raises awareness.

Without things like IEAH being referred to in high esteem instead of the penny stock manipulators they are would still be unknown.

Without it things like cobra and snail venom would still be unknown.

Without things like crap surfaces could somehow constantly be referred to in glowing terms-oh wait it is-guess that must mean a perpetual campaign in opposition is in order.

CincyHorseplayer
04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, we all agree on so much here, and get along so nice! :lol:

HAHAHA!!!There is definitely a faction of pure agitators and some long,ugly arguments,but overall not bad.