PDA

View Full Version : Talk radio question

kent
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Dennis Prager presented the following problem on his talk radio show. I thought input here might be interesting.
An all-inclusive golf club with very high membership fees but has outstanding benefits. (Free golf, banquets and huge discounts at the pro shop.) Also, 10% of the members pay no fees. These golfers of all races and abilities could never afford these very costly fees. However, it is time to vote for next years years dues and if the 10% free membership should be raised to 12 or 15% or eliminated completely. The question is: Should the 10% who pay no fees be allowed to vote on these membership issues?

kent

NJ Stinks
04-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Prager won't like my answer but you are either a member or you are not a member.

Everybody votes. If the paying members didn't want the freebies to vote they should have told the freebies that before they became full-fledged members.

boxcar
04-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Prager won't like my answer but you are either a member or you are not a member.

Everybody votes. If the paying members didn't want the freebies to vote they should have told the freebies that before they became full-fledged members.

I'm really going to make your day -- very early in the day to boot. I actually agree with you.

Boxcar
P.S. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you hit the floor. :D

mostpost
04-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm really going to make your day -- very early in the day to boot. I actually agree with you.

Boxcar
OK I agree with Boxcar who agrees with NJStinks. I hope we all have those "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices :D .

johnhannibalsmith
04-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Is this actually about golf? I figured it to be a simple metaphor (like Guam tipping over), but based upon the replies and all the agreement here, I'm starting to think that I'm looking far too deeply into things. :eek:

boxcar
04-03-2010, 01:14 AM
OK I agree with Boxcar who agrees with NJStinks. I hope we all have those "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices :D .

Make darn sure you buy one before all those "great benefits" of the HC bill kick in, otherwise you'll be taxed through the wazoo.

Boxcar
P.S. Of course, if you think you're in need of a mega dose of Patriotism (prescription-free, yet!), you'd enjoy being taxed.

NJ Stinks
04-03-2010, 01:21 AM

Boxcar

Just got up. :)

I wonder if this is going to make me feel lucky or unlucky when playing the horses tomorrow. :confused: