PDA

View Full Version : John Forsythe R.I.P.

MrBaseball
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Just heard that John Forsythe passed last night at the age of 92. Of course there is a horse racing connection as Mr. Forsythe was a thoroughbred owner, breeder, and was on the Board of Directors at Hollywood Park.

He also had a baseball connection according to wikipedia. In 1936 Mr. Forsythe was the public address announcer for the Brooklyn Dodgers. Apparently he had a love of baseball.

Mr BB

toetoe
04-02-2010, 07:42 PM
How many Dodgers appeared on Bachelor Father ?

Valuist
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm guessing Steve Garvey did, probably many times. One of his nicknames was "the father of our country". LOL

MrBaseball
04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
How many Dodgers appeared on Bachelor Father ?

Outstanding trivia TT!! If I remember correctly, the TV series ran from 1957-1962........so it would have been the early LA Dodgers. Let's see.......there was Drysdale, Koufax, Larry Sherry (hero of '59 series), Maury Wills, Big Frank Howard, Wally Moon (famous for "moonshots" over short left field fence at the Coliseum). Could have been all of them or just 1???

I'll guess 3.

Mr BB

CryingForTheHorses
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Rip in peace Charlie...Your now with your favorite angel.

Robert Goren
04-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Rip in peace Charlie...Your now with your favorite angel.:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Turfday
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
I shared a box with John and Marty Ritt in the 80's at Del Mar. This is way before they remodeled Del Mar. Spent many an afternoon talking about just about everything. Owned a couple of horses with John as well. Only one got to the winner's circle and he was probably one of the worst sons of Raise a Native ever.

John wasn't a big bettor. A hundred bucks in a race was a big bet for him. But oh, how he loved the game and loved shooting the bull with us.

I distinctly remember the last time I saw John. It was in the Director's Room at Hollywood Park and he brought a beautiful lady with him that wasn't Linda Evans but was a almost Linda Evans lookalike. This was years after John's wife Julie had passed on. Turns out John wound up marrying that lady...a Linda Evans lookalike...just like his days on hit TV show Dynasty.

At one time, John was an avid softball player and so was my late father. Turns out they played against each other back in the day in softball leagues.

His charm and class far exceeded his fame and fortune. John lived for many years in Pacific Palisades, Ca, but after his wife Julie passed, he moved to the Santa Ynez Valley, CA and due to poor health, had been in seclusion for years at his home there.