PDA

View Full Version : No female Wood

hazzardm
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Nice race in store at Aqu (underrated) outer track on Sat., especially with this dipstick out of the way. Who in the world names a filly Nicky Boy anyway? :bang:

Maybe Mr Cella can use some of the Rachel bailout money to pay this one off to go away.

FWIW, I'll throw a couple of coins at Schoolyard Dreams, in the hope that ESKY is prepping in the same manner Monarchos did a few years back. ;)

New York Racing Association Director of Racing P.J. Campo on Wednesday refused Solange Chadda’s entry of the maiden filly Nicky Boy for the $750,000 Wood Memorial Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Aqueduct.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2010/March/31/Owner-hopes-to-enter-Nicky-Boy-in-Arkansas-Derby.aspx

joanied
04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
From reading the article you posted, Campo made the right call...IMO...this filly hasn't run a lick...she may be a whirlwhind in her owner's eyes, but seems she's not a promising horse, and certainly shouldn't be in a race of this caliber (Wood).
Sad to dash someones Derby dream...but one has to face reality.

JustRalph
04-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Is that bitch off her rocker?

Pardon me.......is that Lady a little dis-oriented ? :lol: :lol:

Ian Meyers
04-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Is that bitch off her rocker?

Pardon me.......is that Lady a little dis-oriented ? :lol: :lol:

It's not fair to the horse to let her run. As their caretakers aren't we obligated to do what's best for our equine friends?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: to NYRA and PJ Campo.

Rackon
04-02-2010, 06:36 PM
"Barn blind" doesn't even begin to describe it.

46zilzal
04-02-2010, 06:45 PM
In years past the track maintenance folks have rolled the track to make it like a paved highway....watch for that tomorrow.

JustRalph
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
In years past the track maintenance folks have rolled the track to make it like a paved highway....watch for that tomorrow.

Germane is not a word you are familiar with huh ?

46zilzal
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Germane is not a word you are familiar with huh ?
I keep it right next to my concealed weapon which is necessary as a phallic replacement.

The WOOD, a race at Aqueduct, is running tomorrow.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I keep it right next to my concealed weapon which is necessary as a phallic replacement.

The WOOD, a race at Aqueduct, is running tomorrow.Are you vying with Trotman to see who goes to the top of my shit list the quickest today?

WinterTriangle
04-02-2010, 09:27 PM
This is just another young trainer with "dreams", it's ridiculous but they often can't be objective enough to see it... they are in love with their horsie.

We all remember talking about a situation last year with with Kathleen Costello and GRAND FORKS.

Kept that one in my stable for a while after that, but never saw an entry. Guess she changed her mind. :)

Last time raced was delmar under trainer kevin lewis owner dennis weir back in 2000.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I understand dreams and all...but the way she kept saying how this was her "gift" to NY racing...it's just a little too out there for me...

Then again, remember owner Robert Perez & trainer Alfredo Callejas back in the day? Every now and then, they had some seriously questionable entries into major NY stakes races.

Of course, I don't think even they ever tried to enter a horse that looked this bad on paper.

JustRalph
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM

The WOOD, a race at Aqueduct, is running tomorrow.

How in the hell was the track condition for the Wood tomorrow Germane to the thread? The thread was about a nut case trainer being turned away.......what the hell does that have to do with the track condition?

You jump in and attempted to hijack another thread......... same MO as usual

Fager Fan
04-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I understand dreams and all...but the way she kept saying how this was her "gift" to NY racing...it's just a little too out there for me...

Then again, remember owner Robert Perez & trainer Alfredo Callejas back in the day? Every now and then, they had some seriously questionable entries into major NY stakes races.

Of course, I don't think even they ever tried to enter a horse that looked this bad on paper.

Not just major NY stakes, but they showed up in more than a few Derbies and TC races with little-hopers.

joanied
04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Remember that poor horse Ricks All Star (I beleive that was his name:blush: )...never should have been allowed to run.

If this trainer with Nicky Boy was made to watch that race...she might just realize how foolish she is wanting to run her filly in the Wood (or any stakes race for that matter)...if she loves this filly, maybe she'd see just how devastating it would be for the horse...and embarassing for her as a trainer.

Ian Meyers
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Remember that poor horse Ricks All Star (I beleive that was his name:blush: )...never should have been allowed to run.

Ricks Natural Star. Went off at only 150-1 (should have been 1,000,000,000,000,000-1) in the BC Turf. Trainer said he was a cinch because he used to work him for miles behind his van and horse could run all day.

Never should have been allowed to enter. I believe the BC changed the rules after that to avoid a repeat.

thespaah
04-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Are you vying with Trotman to see who goes to the top of my shit list the quickest today?
Wow!!!! PA, just what the doctor ordered.
At times, the sniping on here can get quite boring.