PDA

View Full Version : Census questions

Tom
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
1. What is the purpose of Q8 - specifically about who is Spanish or Latino?
Dems trying ge ta handle on how many votes the get with amnesty?

2. How did Obama answer Q9?

ArlJim78
04-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I didn't know the purpose of most of those questions. I only answered two questions, the number of people in the residence and my name. I marked the rest of them "not applicable".

I'm sure I'll wind up on Big Sis's "angry at government" watchlist now.

Warren Henry
04-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I didn't know the purpose of most of those questions. I only answered two questions, the number of people in the residence and my name. I marked the rest of them "not applicable".

I love how they say that the law requires you to answer the questions. The law requires that we be counted. I also gave them the names and the count for me and my wife. They get nothing else from me.

Leonard
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
1. What is the purpose of Q8 - specifically about who is Spanish or Latino?
Dems trying ge ta handle on how many votes the get with amnesty?

I love the tv commercials. It says to fill out the census so we know how many roads to build and for distribution of funds. Funny, they mention nothing about congressional apportionment :rolleyes:

I told them how many people live in this domicile and listed everyone's race as "human." That's it.

BlueShoe
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Today is supposed to be the last day to mail it in or else Big Brother comes to see you. When I opened mine, did not even look at the questions, since I had received an invalid, unlawful form. My census form came printed in two languages, English AND Spanish. I do not speak Spanish. Spanish is not the official language of this nation, English is. I believe that all official business should be conducted in English only. I do not approve of counting those in this country illegally or unlawfully, nor do I believe that they should be counted. Therefore, the official forms that have been sent to me are not valid official documents. If and when I get around to it, the forms will be sent back with the questions unanswered with remarks similar to the above attached. When I receive the proper forms in English only, I may or may not fill them out, although at this point, am strongly inclined to only answer those questions that do not infringe on my privacy.

Robert Goren
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
The questions on race are stupid. The decision to include them on the form was made long before Obama became president. I suppose he could have order a change in the forms but he didn't so I guess gets some of the blame.
On slight change of subject, when was person with one white parent and one black parent ever consider to be white. I suppose it has happen sometimes, but I have never seen it. Certainly if ask almost anyone if Obama is black or white, you won't get many white answers or even many mixed answers. I am not sure what that means, but is kind of interesting. JMO

Marshall Bennett
04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't know about other states , in Texas there are 10 simple questions . Takes no more than 5 minutes for the average person to fill out . Funding for your state and your kid's education depends on it . I don't see it to be a big deal unless you simply have nothing else to bitch about . Anyone that participates in this forum should find it a minor distraction and quite easy .

Shemp Howard
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Although the census information is supposed to be held in strict confidence the 1860 census information was used by General Sherman to locate properties to pillage and loot on his way to burn Atlanta to the ground at the end of the Civil War. The 1910 census information was used to conscript young men into the army in 1917 when there was great opposition to Wilson's War. The 1940 census information was used to round up patriotic Japanese Americans for relocation to interment camps to wait out WWII. The 2010 census for the first time has every possible domicile in the United States mapped by GPS coordinates. Seems like a great expense was incurred to simply renumerate how many citizens live in a given congressional district. Perhaps there is more to the process than meets the eye? :eek:

Valuist
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Wouldn't it be a good idea to ask if one was a US citizen or not? Might be a good idea to see how many aren't.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-01-2010, 09:52 PM

More importantly, how did he answer the question in 1980 (if eligible), 1990 and 2000?

bigmack
04-01-2010, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U
I really overshot it with the 80

May have started ok but between Tom, toes & Fridge that bit would have the average schmoe bustin' a gut throughout.

Walken, baby, why not just grab the script and read it?

boxcar
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Be prepared to receive the long form of about 40 questions, I think it is. The form is named differently also. I think it's called the American Community Census or some such thing.

Boxcar

Secretariat
04-01-2010, 11:08 PM
At least it's not as bad as one of the questions on the original census?

How many slaves do you own?

boxcar
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM

The government doesn't have to ask that anymore because it has become the slave master. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Boxcar

Tom
04-02-2010, 12:04 AM

What the hell is the matter with you, dude?
Do you EVER have anything good to say about this country?

Let me remind you, it was REPUBLICANS that freed the salves.
Let me remind you, it was the dems that had the KKK represented in congress the longest.

This country has led the world in growing and expanding freedom for everyone, and you, in your low-life hate-America glory have to post shit like this.

What a waste of air you are.