PDA

View Full Version : Another quote of the day

ljb
07-14-2003, 07:19 PM
I enjoy watching FOX NEWS and I think every country should have their own Al-Jazeera. -- Jon Stewart, host of The Daily Show

Tom
07-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Good for you. Acceptance is important for your recovery. You show signs of coming out of denial and finally admitting that the democratic position is best reported by professional comedians.

ljb
07-15-2003, 06:38 AM
Tom,
I found this quote sort of funny. No need for the personal attack. I also find it a good sign that the late night comedians are no longer intimidated by the administration and can again poke fun at their foibles.

Lefty
07-15-2003, 03:43 PM
You know, I've read and read and read and... well, you get the idea and I can find no personal attack on you, by Tom, ljb. Please define the meaning of the term as you see it.

I never knew the comedians were ever intimidated by any adm, so is that one of your "facts?"

Leno, last night, "yeah like Clinton never stretched the truth. In fact he never came close to the truth"

ljb
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Lefty,
At the onset of Bush's invasion of Iraq the country was wrapped so tightly in the flag that the late night talk show folks declined to poke fun at the administration.
Usually Leno tries to balance his jokes. Care to share what he said about Bush?

Lefty
07-15-2003, 06:17 PM
ljb, sounds like they managed to muster up a little respect for the country and the troops? Where's thje intimidation?

ljb
07-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Dixie Chicks

Tom
07-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Careful there, you might hurt your shoulder reaching like that.

BTW...just there is no confusion, you will know for sure if I ever launch a personal attack. That wasn't one.

Lefty
07-15-2003, 11:52 PM
ljb, What? Dixcie Chicks? What's that got to do with intimidation by admin. For the record, the adm did not intimidate comedians or the Dixie Chicks.
Rightwing radio came dn hard on the "chicks" as did public opinion. The public is allowed to voice their opinion, right?

ljb
07-16-2003, 06:26 AM
It seems you gentlemen are having problems connecting the dots here.

Tom
07-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Problem is, some of the dots are only visable to YOU! :p

ljb
07-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Tom said;
"Problem is, some of the dots are only visable to YOU! "
No doubt I have very good vision, I can see the Big picture.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Lefty
07-16-2003, 10:21 PM
ljb, that sounds like a personal attack. Never mind those would be your words. The dots must be a fig-newton of your immigration.
Are you saying Bush itimidates the media and the Dixie Chicks? I don't think the synapses' of your brain are firing correctly.
If you can connect the dots, I'm listening; er, reading.

ljb
07-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Lefty,
Sometimes I think you are just being stubborn and sometimes I think you really don't get it.
I hope you are just being stubborn.

Lefty
07-17-2003, 12:49 PM
ljb, and I think you like to use obfuscation and misdirection , and yes, even patronization when you paint yourself in a corner and can't and won't answer a direct question.
Q:What evidence is there that the Bush Adm intimidated ANY comedian and/or the Dixie Chicks?

ljb
07-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Well I guess you have answered my question. You really don't get it.

Tom
07-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh, never mind. You just can't answer a simple quesiton, can you?
Throw out accusastions and when confronted to provide proof, you turn it around.
L, you are boring. And predictable. And a waste of time.
That was not a personal attack, that was just my opinion.
Now I remember why I don't have any children. Thank you for that.
Now, if you will excuse me, I don't have any more time to waste on you.....they got horses out there.
HAGD
BSAH
DTAWN
MTWBAYB
IYDKTDBSASDSYOS
:D

Boris
07-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Oh, never mind. You just can't answer a simple quesiton, can you?
Throw out accusastions and when confronted to provide proof, you turn it around.
L, you are boring. And predictable. And a waste of time.
That was not a personal attack, that was just my opinion.
Now I remember why I don't have any children. Thank you for that.
Now, if you will excuse me, I don't have any more time to waste on you.....they got horses out there.
HAGD
BSAH
DTAWN
MTWBAYB
IYDKTDBSASDSYOS
:D

Hey Tom, when you stop beating your head against the wall, it feels much better.

Lefty
07-18-2003, 01:34 PM
ljb, another sidestep that does not further the discussion nor answer the question. After all, it was you that said the comedians are no longer intimidated by the adm. That proffers that at one time they were. Then when queried you brght up the Dixie Chicks and now that you're obviously stuck for answers you say," lefty you don't get it"
SIDESTEP!