PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Wagering Question

Track Collector
04-01-2010, 02:58 AM
I will soon have opportunity to take advantage of Conditional Wagering at one of the ADWs I do business with.

It should reason that the closer to the race off time a conditional wager evaluation is made, the more accurate its' approximation of the final off odds will be. That said, there are through practical experience, a point where a qualifying conditional wager gets submitted almost 100% of the time, as well as a point in time where a significant number (perhaps 5-10% of the time), the race goes off before the condition can be evaluated.

For those who use Conditional Wagering regularly, what are your experiences? Do you find that using Post Time minus 30 seconds safely gets your qualifying conditional wager in almost 100% of the time, or what about Post Time minus 60 seconds or Post time minus 90 seconds? Also, do you find any particular tracks that fall outside the norm?

Thanks for any help!

DRIVEWAY
04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I will soon have opportunity to take advantage of Conditional Wagering at one of the ADWs I do business with.

It should reason that the closer to the race off time a conditional wager evaluation is made, the more accurate its' approximation of the final off odds will be. That said, there are through practical experience, a point where a qualifying conditional wager gets submitted almost 100% of the time, as well as a point in time where a significant number (perhaps 5-10% of the time), the race goes off before the condition can be evaluated.

For those who use Conditional Wagering regularly, what are your experiences? Do you find that using Post Time minus 30 seconds safely gets your qualifying conditional wager in almost 100% of the time, or what about Post Time minus 60 seconds or Post time minus 90 seconds? Also, do you find any particular tracks that fall outside the norm?

Thanks for any help!

Give yourself a little extra time when betting the first or last race on the card.
Also, short fields tend to go off closer to scheduled post time.

Now the next question is how the ADW cycles it's conditional wagering? When you select 30 seconds to post when does it actually check the bet?

Place a group of conditional wagers at 99-1 odds at different time intervals and see what the response code is. Most should indicate condition not met but others may say the pools are closed. Then you'll know what to expect.

2low
04-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I use different buffers for different tracks. Based on my experience, I go with -0.5 minutes at most tracks.

AQU and PEN I use 0.
GG I use -1 and could probably get away with -5 the way it feels sometimes.

ranchwest
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Post times often move up during inclimate weather. Swim at your own risk.