PDA

View Full Version : michael Gill

thebuzz
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
I heard a rumor that Mike Gill is allowed back on Penn National,is this true?

WinterTriangle
03-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Rumors not really necessary---look at entries. Anyone interested in this whole "saga" has the trainers and horses in their virtual stable, so you get notifications on entries, scratches, etc. Or, call the head honchos at the tracks, and find out how many stall trianers you're intrested in are given.

So, get a load of this: go to brisnet and pull up the Penn cards and Philly cards.

March 31, scratched, Race 6, Iron Man Surprise. Says trainer is Delahoussaye and owner is deWitt.

However, March 29, Race 3 at Philly, the SAME horse, Iron Man Suprise, is listed as trained by Budrewicz, and owned by Michael Gill.

Huh? Not sure I know how to read these things, but that looks odd to me. Maybe somebody here can explain this to me. Can a horse have 2 different owners, and 2 different trainers, depending on what day it is or what track they're at? I guess I could call the pa racing commission and ask.

I did hear a real rumor though. I heard there are ongoing investigations....

joanied
03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
There is an ongoing investigation...something about betting, I think...but don't quote me on that...but it is in relation to some sort of shady dealings.
Stay tuned, eh...the plot thickens!

Fager Fan
03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Rumors not really necessary---look at entries. Anyone interested in this whole "saga" has the trainers and horses in their virtual stable, so you get notifications on entries, scratches, etc. Or, call the head honchos at the tracks, and find out how many stall trianers you're intrested in are given.

So, get a load of this: go to brisnet and pull up the Penn cards and Philly cards.

March 31, scratched, Race 6, Iron Man Surprise. Says trainer is Delahoussaye and owner is deWitt.

However, March 29, Race 3 at Philly, the SAME horse, Iron Man Suprise, is listed as trained by Budrewicz, and owned by Michael Gill.

Huh? Not sure I know how to read these things, but that looks odd to me. Maybe somebody here can explain this to me. Can a horse have 2 different owners, and 2 different trainers, depending on what day it is or what track they're at? I guess I could call the pa racing commission and ask.

It sounds like a clerical error. Wherever the horse runs, his papers would have to be on file before the race, so the correct ownership would be noted.

Hanover1
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM

Without having ANY inside info on this, it appears that he went to the well, and was denied, so paperwork was shuffled, and horse reentered. A common practice amongst those under duress.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
It really could be something as simple as the person checking in the papers was using the InCompass software and foolishly hit the 'Load From Last Start' button and the system erroniously populated the data fields with outdated information.

Don't worry, Ray Paulick is on the case...

Mineshaft
03-31-2010, 11:02 PM
the horse ran at "A" track under Gill as owner. Gill sells the horse to new owner and they run at track "B". New owner decided to go run at Track "A" so track "A" pulls up the horse last start at Track"A" and it has Gill as owner.

Thats what happened

rastajenk
03-31-2010, 11:29 PM
And the person taking entries doesn't see GILL leap off the screen at him? Man, that's lazy, or seriously attention deficient, or something else highly unlikely.

onefast99
04-01-2010, 09:33 AM
It sounds like a clerical error. Wherever the horse runs, his papers would have to be on file before the race, so the correct ownership would be noted.
The samething happened to us at PP they put the horse under the name of the previous owner who we bought the horse from privately.

Igeteven
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Now the big question to you all

Has he learned his lesson?

Will he follow procedure and the rules?

What do you think about this question.

onefast99
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Now the big question to you all

Has he learned his lesson?

Will he follow procedure and the rules?

What do you think about this question.
he is a very competitive person so the answers will be no, no and no.

wizard_of_odds
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
he is a very competitive person so the answers will be no, no and no.

Please enlighten me on to what rules this man broke,How can you be so sure he did this.Why are you so quick to accuse this man of this?..I havent seen 1 drug ruling against him .I understand that he had a string of bad luck,Kind of the same thing when you have a horses run bad because they bled,How bought finding out runners had chips and had to be operated on..All this is in the same concept.He may have had a few breakdowns and yes he does go thu horses. I bet if you done a survey on ALL the big trainers,You would find there are more young horses not making it to the races.Gill claims horses therefore he is already getting damaged goods that people think he has ruined.I feel your comment was out of line for a man that was suspended for no reason.

onefast99
04-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Please enlighten me on to what rules this man broke,How can you be so sure he did this.Why are you so quick to accuse this man of this?..I havent seen 1 drug ruling against him .I understand that he had a string of bad luck,Kind of the same thing when you have a horses run bad because they bled,How bought finding out runners had chips and had to be operated on..All this is in the same concept.He may have had a few breakdowns and yes he does go thu horses. I bet if you done a survey on ALL the big trainers,You would find there are more young horses not making it to the races.Gill claims horses therefore he is already getting damaged goods that people think he has ruined.I feel your comment was out of line for a man that was suspended for no reason.
The facts are simple he is involved in the claiming game and as you say the horses he gets may be damaged goods, that is the inherent risks. Your comments about me saying Gill would do whatever is necessary to get back into the game are based on interviews he gave where he said he is a very competitive person you can look up the Paulick report and see these comments for yourself. So take your little Gill banner and go wave it somewhere else the Gill thread was beaten to death before go look it up in the archives.