PDA

View Full Version : Dems deliver another hit to freedom

rastajenk
03-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, the top election official in Ohio, would have everyone who switches parties to vote in the May primary sign a loyalty pledge. Short story here. (http://www.local12.com/news/state/story/Ohio-crossover-voters-must-pledge-to-new-party/J2rzb-axxUKSEO4mhwuR3A.cspx?rss=31)

The fact that she is involved in one of these primary races (for US Senate), and the fact that a Republican for the same position is unopposed, are mere trivialities to be ignored, I suppose.

Several newspapers (http://www.ohio.com/news/89579187.html) have already come out against it. As a polling place capitan, I guess I'll find out soon enough if I actually have to enforce the will of Der Brunner.

I can't imagine the uproar if the Repubs tried something as blatantly sleazy as this, but it's business as usual for Dems. Sure smacks of...get ready for it...F-A-S-C-I-S-M...to me, but some would say that can't be, libs can't be fascists. Heil Brunner!!

Now, excuse me while I go practice my goosestepping.

HUSKER55
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
I wonder if there are any payoffs in the wind?

ArlJim78
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
it goes without saying, that you are going to see every trick in the book used for this election. dem's know they are in for a fight, they'll stop at nothing as we have already seen.

mostpost
03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
This is a very bad idea. There is no way of enforcing it nor there be. It leaves Brunner open to the charge that she is trying to fix the election. She should immediately rescind the order and apologize.

Tom
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Blatantly illegal.
It would never stand up in a real court.
Now, if they find a lib judge........

My idea - everyone register as a democrat.
Then watch hcap explode. :lol:

rastajenk
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Just to kick it up a notch...

My precinct, I should say the precinct that I work at, is redder than red; Pubs outnumber Dems 3-1 or more. So for the 2008 primary, we were stocked with, roughly, 450 Republican ballots and 125 Democratic ballots. But by the day of the vote, McCain had already locked up his nomination, and Obamarama and Shrillary were still hard at it. So, as happened everywhere, there was a lot of crossover voting. We used almost all the D ballots and returned over 400 R ballots. The big Rushbo strongly suggested it, and the Kos Kidz encouraged the same on the other side in Michigan, I think, or somewhere where the D's didn't have a contest.

Anyway, the point is, Brunner didn't have any skin in that game, so the pledge of allegiance wasn't important then. I don't know when she got her epiphany that this was vital to the integrity of the vote, but as epiphanies go, this must have been a big one. So much for Helping Americans Vote. :D