PDA

View Full Version : Entries w/ ML for database

aharon5741
03-31-2010, 03:34 PM
I am looking to populate a MySQL database with entries data. Is there a site that is easy to scrape that doesn't require login information that I can pull this data from?

Better yet, is entries and ML data available in CSV or Excel format somewhere for free?

Thank You

harntrox
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
DRF.COM is easy enough to scrape. Learn how to apply Regex to the html tables and you'll get 90% of what you want in a couple days.

The captcha thing is easy enough to deal with using an embedded browser, and the user account is persistent requiring no logins.

Unlike most other data providers, IMO, DRF is ahead of the curve in this regard.
They know they are being scraped - and want to be *the* source, which is smart in terms of driving traffic and making $$$ on advertising.

Why the idiots at these other sites think that their public (no-pace info so wtf who cares) data is so holy that it cant be read off of Calracing.com or TVG.com for free is simply asinine.... ill stop there. ::Censored:: #$@#$@#@

aharon5741
04-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Do you have any regex examples for DRF? I've used perl's html toke parser in the past but I'm a little rusty.