PDA

View Full Version : Even though it's sloppy

cees with dees
03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I still do the work and glad I did because there are a couple of sweet plays tomorrow.
In the 7th race which is guaranteed to come off the turf, Tidal Slam draws into a field with zero speed and less than zero ability. Don't know what price we'll get but I'm just going to key her in the pick4 which with her, is really a pick 3.
In the sixth, One Turn Eddie adds blinkers and drops significantly. If he takes to the wet, should be long gone.
Saratoga Approval chased a fast pace in debut and may be dangerous with an alert beginning.
Kill The Joker and Mystic Era will both be in the mix early and when it's wet, that's what I want.
Turning all the way back to the opener, Maggie's Prince adds blinkers and gets a nice rider change. Big threat if he can clear early.
In the second, Artistic Ability and Imandra in a coin flip.
In the 3rd, either half of the McLaughlin entry figures to get loose and should keep going in poor field.
In the 4th, Smarty Karakorum is my bomb of the day.
Both wet track races on paper are okay. The field is weak and the other speeds are pretty abysmal. Pick can win from on or off the pace and would love Luzzi to just gun here.
Cardiologist was okay winning from off the pace in last. Something he's not used to and though it was only Winitback that he passed, still, any type of form reversal at this level is worth noting.
Magic Lion should get it done in the 5th especially if he clears the front.
The eighth should set up well for Eager Emma who ran very well in first start since November. Should have gained much needed bottom and tactical change of sitting just off should work here and has run well in the wet in the past.
The last, also off the grass. I'm definitely against Star Orchid for multiple reasons. The most being that he was awful for barn who won with just about everything first time over the inner and now a layoff and drop follow.
Using Isn't She Grand and Capitalism at Risk.
Both have good early speed with the former the more versatile of the two.
Good card for a wet day. A day I'd normally pass.
But how can you resist a horse like Tidal Slam.
My favorite thing is to have the best horse on a clear lead.
Good luck to all.
Ben

cees with dees
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
By the way, if someone has anything to say about my confidence level, I welcome any and all opinions but please try and do it before the race where it's constructive.
And all kidding aside, anytime I plan on making a decent play on any horse, there is always the possibility I've overlooked something so to get feedback is not only constructive, but can be quite helpful.
Ben

theguarantee
03-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Like Tidal Slam quite a bit too. Can't see getting close to 4/1 especially if there are a number of scratches, but agree, will be tough to beat.

Like Capitalism at Risk a whole bunch in the last race and may just book-end the singles and wheel the 8th on the pk-3.

One I do like is Four Star Bo in the 4th. If you toss the last seven (lol), starts to look pretty good in here.

netbet
03-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Ben,

I just wanted to say that I for one appreciate your posting to this forum. I haven't been playing much as I have been waiting for Keeneland, Woodbine and Monmouth and will of course play Saratoga.

I have played a few tickets in the Beulah Fortune Six bet with that big carryover.

While I appreciate anyone posting selections...they are far more valuable when they have an explanation instead of just numbers.

Enjoy your day.
NB

cees with dees
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you netbet.
I would like to believe that when I lose, at least I had sound reasoning.
Thanks for the comment.
They scratched a lot of fields down to nothing today so I think many of the horses I like, if they win, won't pay all that much. But like an old friend said once: "It's better a short price than a long face."
I'm starting the day with a cold exacta, 8/2. A cold tri, 8/2/6 and a pick 3 play of 8/2,4,6/1.
Still keying on Tidal Slam in the 7th with doubles, 3's and 4's and if I can get even money on him, I'll take the win price. Wishful thinking I think. The one thing in my favor is the public hates horses stretching out off of tiring sprint lines.
We'll see though.
Ben

HandyKapper
03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll be playing your Tidal Slam in the double with Rightly So in the 8th. Dominguez should have no trouble getting an easy lead with Rightly So. I think the public will, in the end, make Sapphire Sky the favorite here. Public seems to love the gaining in the end types with a little bit longer run this race. Last race was at 6f today at 7.5.f. Horse will make a run at Rightly So but Ramon is just to good a jocky not to have saved something to hold the late runners off. The two bullet works show the horse is tighter now and ready to run.
Good Luck

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Rightly So is vulnerable in that race (weak turn time) with late movers :2: and :3: possibly catching that one late

HandyKapper
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM
That's why it's called gambling. We'll see who's scenario plays out.

turfnsport
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Good luck Cees.

cees with dees
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Well I'm off to a hideous start.
I find the wet tracks so much more difficult since the calk ban but anyway, going after the third race pick 3.
This race scratched down to 3 and the remaining half of the McLaughlin entry should take these as far as she can.
If available and $6 or better, will take the 1/6 exacta hoping the 5 gets tired chasing.
In the 4th using 2,4,9 with Zito on the end.
Ben

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Well I'm off to a hideous start.
I find the wet tracks so much more difficult since the calk ban but anyway, going after the third race pick 3.

Put yourself in the horse's position as the clean silk syndrome works all day at most tracks in the slop. Horses don't move up as well when lamblasted with spray in their faces as it is an almost universal phenomenon.

Many days at Fort Erie, amongst others, the first one to the rail is usually home free.

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 02:15 PM

9-2 cees :( so no play for me.

#4 to beat i think

all the best.

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Smarty is arond 13.0 on Betfair, that price is more interesting.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
4th possibly the :8: :3: :4:

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
That's why it's called gambling. We'll see who's scenario plays out.
The wise investor never considers a single scenario for a race as sensitive dependence on initial conditions (the essence oh chaos) IS alive and well each day at the races.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
4th possibly the :8: :3: :4:
7/4/8

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 02:34 PM
That didn't go to plan cees :(

cees with dees
03-31-2010, 02:36 PM
theguarantee, GREAT PICK!!!!!!!!!
6-1 and won like a 2/5 shot.
Good going.
Ben

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Race 5

Clear Faith looks to have a good set up again here, handles wet and looks a fair price at 7-2 to these eyes.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Race 5

Clear Faith looks to have a good set up again here, handles wet and looks a fair price at 7-2 to these eyes.
If you are basing that on the Meadowlands lines they transfer far too fast, just watch

:2: :5: :1: more likely

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Want him sat just behind Pace Zilly, just like last race

Tee
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
:3:

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
If you are basing that on the Meadowlands lines they transfer far too fast, just watch

:2: :5: :1: more likely
none of us had the winner but a nice place price on the two

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
another plan gone up in flames :)

Tee
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Post parade picks

:7: :9:

PhantomOnTour
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
AQU R6 #10

HandyKapper
03-31-2010, 03:27 PM
46 writes:
"The wise investor never considers a single scenario for a race as sensitive dependence on initial conditions (the essence oh chaos) IS alive and well each day at the races."

OK, guess that's why I see some here picking 3 and 4 horses to win in a single race, sometimes with a 6 horse field. I'll take my chances on Ramon getting the lead and playing with this field of S and P types. Sometimes those who find correct scenario leave those playing multiple scenarios in the dust.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
46 writes:
"The wise investor never considers a single scenario for a race as sensitive dependence on initial conditions (the essence oh chaos) IS alive and well each day at the races."

OK, guess that's why I see some here picking 3 and 4 horses to win in a single race, sometimes with a 6 horse field. I'll take my chances on Ramon getting the lead and playing with this field of S and P types. Sometimes those who find correct scenario leave those playing multiple scenarios in the dust.
when one plays exotics, one has to consider several horses now don't they.

The horse runs the rider is a passenger.

the fastest pace of race in this group was that one that the 2 ran last out with the 6 the second fastest, so the rail horse, NOT THE RIDER, has its work cut our from him.

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Race 8

I thinking #1 and #5 bother each other on lead, #1 sees off #5 but in doing so maybe leaves #1 vulnerable late in stretch

So with this in mind, I'm liking the look of Zito's horse Eagle Emma and Sapphire Sky here as win bets.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Race 8

I thinking #1 and #5 bother each other on lead, #1 sees off #5 but in doing so maybe leaves #1 vulnerable late in stretch

So with this in mind, I'm liking the look of Zito's horse Eagle Emma and Sapphire Sky here as win bets.

:1: :11: :10:

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
My post is for Race 8 Zilly, not 7

All the best in 7

Tee
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
How does :6: Tidal Slam lose?

Like that I guess. :)

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Rightly So 1-2 :eek:

As Mr Serling stated, Rightly so overbet

Tee
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
:5: Ampart Ridge

Tee
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I'll call it - outside Sapphire Sky

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Rightly So is vulnerable in that race (weak turn time) with late movers :2: and :3: possibly catching that one late
very good ride by Dominguez but the HORSE was vulnerable at that distance and pace.

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 04:32 PM
When i saw Ampart Ridge struggling, i thought Ramon wires here :)

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
nightcap :10: :12: :4:

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm done for today.

All the best in next from Big A and rest if your cappin.

46zilzal
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
nightcap :10: :12: :4:
splitzacta 4/11/10

Light
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I still do the work and glad I did because there are a couple of sweet plays tomorrow.
In the 7th race which is guaranteed to come off the turf, Tidal Slam draws into a field with zero speed and less than zero ability. Don't know what price we'll get but I'm just going to key her in the pick4 which with her, is really a pick 3.
In the sixth, One Turn Eddie adds blinkers and drops significantly. If he takes to the wet, should be long gone.
Saratoga Approval chased a fast pace in debut and may be dangerous with an alert beginning.
Kill The Joker and Mystic Era will both be in the mix early and when it's wet, that's what I want.
Turning all the way back to the opener, Maggie's Prince adds blinkers and gets a nice rider change. Big threat if he can clear early.
In the second, Artistic Ability and Imandra in a coin flip.
In the 3rd, either half of the McLaughlin entry figures to get loose and should keep going in poor field.
Both wet track races on paper are okay. The field is weak and the other speeds are pretty abysmal. Pick can win from on or off the pace and would love Luzzi to just gun here.
Cardiologist was okay winning from off the pace in last. Something he's not used to and though it was only Winitback that he passed, still, any type of form reversal at this level is worth noting.
Magic Lion should get it done in the 5th especially if he clears the front.
The eighth should set up well for Eager Emma who ran very well in first start since November. Should have gained much needed bottom and tactical change of sitting just off should work here and has run well in the wet in the past.
The last, also off the grass. I'm definitely against Star Orchid for multiple reasons. The most being that he was awful for barn who won with just about everything first time over the inner and now a layoff and drop follow.
Using Isn't She Grand and Capitalism at Risk.
Both have good early speed with the former the more versatile of the two.
Good card for a wet day. A day I'd normally pass.
But how can you resist a horse like Tidal Slam.
My favorite thing is to have the best horse on a clear lead.
Good luck to all.
Ben

0-9.

Vinnie
03-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Of course, all of your pics came in today didn't they Light? Weren't you 9-9 today at that track? Oh, wait a minute, you didn't give any selections at all. How did I know this before I even read your post? I guess I am sort of having a "Mighty Carnac" kind of a moment.

Charlie D
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Light

I can understand people coming on cees threads and giving thier thoughts and disagreeing with cees analysis, but that post above is just pathetic imo.

firstoffclaim
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Be fair Light and mention the days he wins as well, otherwise you come off as someone with a personal agenda. Did anyone have a decent day today? Many of the winners were totally inscrutable.

Light
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
It's not about me so dont ask where's my picks. I dont claim I can pick my nose. Call me a loser and the worst handicapper in history.Happy? Get this through your heads. I dont claim anything.I am calling out someone who claims to be "making a living at the track". Claims his horses are a cinch and claims to be an expert at NY racing. He went 0-9 today and 0-8 the last time he posted. That's 0-17. I think someone can go 0-10 easy buy 0-17 with a 3,4,and 5 horse fields is a joke,especially if you claim what he claims.

newtothegame
03-31-2010, 11:18 PM
It's not about me so dont ask where's my picks. I dont claim I can pick my nose. Call me a loser and the worst handicapper in history.Happy? Get this through your heads. I dont claim anything.I am calling out someone who claims to be "making a living at the track". Claims his horses are a cinch and claims to be an expert at NY racing. He went 0-9 today and 0-8 the last time he posted. That's 0-17. I think someone can go 0-10 easy buy 0-17 with a 3,4,and 5 horse fields is a joke,especially if you claim what he claims.

Thats the problem...its NEVER ABOUT YOU, yet you seem to find your way onto these threads only to bash people and their selections. Sad part is, you give nothing in the way of anything of substance (such as your own selections or thoughts), until after the fact!
You say you don't claim anything.....NOT true...you continue to CLAIM how bad others are. You "stalk" people and their threads only to be atagonizing and wanting to start arguements. And you cant even see this.....:bang:

Here ya want someone else to pick on......I will gladly help ya out since your always wanting to find flaws in other people and how "they are always wrong".
I bet your palestinian or middle eastern. Am I wrong????
If you wish to continue THIS discussion with me.....lets take it to a thread where we are not bothering a meaningful thread!

Light
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Thats the problem...its NEVER ABOUT YOU, yet you seem to find your way onto these threads only to bash people and their selections.

Just how many "people" have I "bashed" regarding their selections. You make it like I "bash" alot of "people". Specifically there are 2 and you know who they are. Please dont exaggerate.

You say you don't claim anything.....NOT true...you continue to CLAIM how bad others are.

I only disprove CLAIMS made by others,again only 2 people on this board.And I don't say they are bad. I dispute their CLAIMS.

I bet your palestinian or middle eastern. Am I wrong????

What difference would that make? If that isn't a racist and inappropriate statement,I don't know what is.

If you wish to continue THIS discussion with me.....lets take it to a thread where we are not bothering a meaningful thread!

Why would I want to discuss this with a bigot? If you dont like my opinion,answer intelligently not racially.

Charlie D
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Light

You had ample time before races were run to give your two cents worth, but chose not to and then you come on and post

0-9

Pathetic stuff mate. You need to grow up in my opinion.

newtothegame
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Just how many "people" have I "bashed" regarding their selections. You make it like I "bash" alot of "people". Specifically there are 2 and you know who they are. Please dont exaggerate.

I only disprove CLAIMS made by others,again only 2 people on this board.And I don't say they are bad. I dispute their CLAIMS.

What difference would that make? If that isn't a racist and inappropriate statement,I don't know what is.

Why would I want to discuss this with a bigot? If you dont like my opinion,answer intelligently not racially.

Of course I said you bash "people". Do you not have a good understanding of the language?? People would be plural meaning more then one. And, you admittedly say there's two...so whats the problem here????

You talk about "you only disprove claims made by others"...
Who annointed you the chosen one? If you were having a civil discussion back and forth and you gave some input as to why or why not on a given selection, then it might be worthy. Problem is, as I mentioned, you post AFTER the fact. Well duhhhhh!!! Obviously you can be critical of ANYONE AFTERWARDS. Its not much different then redboarding except youve taken it to another extreme in tossing it in someones face. Thats just very poor if you ask me...(and I know you didn't ask).

And my comment was racial in nature. For a reason. It got under your skin and your response shows that. The point is, no one likes to be atogonized. Just as you say "its inappropriate", and I by the way agree....its inappropriate for you to continue to antoagonize others. So in a nutshell....whats good for the goose is good for the gander!!!

As for intellect and answering intellectually, might you take some of your own advice here and act intelligently.

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2010, 03:16 AM
I only disprove CLAIMS made by others,again only 2 people on this board.And I don't say they are bad. I dispute their CLAIMS. One of the two you reference never made any claims, and you know that...what do you say now genius?

Light
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
One of the two you reference never made any claims, and you know that...what do you say now genius?

In the past I have said,his fans made the claims. I agree he did not start the claims. But as we got into the discussion of his ROI he did deny that it was negative,which was my point.

46zilzal
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
In the past I have said,his fans made the claims. I agree he did not start the claims. But as we got into the discussion of his ROI he did deny that it was negative,which was my point.
hey, join the discussion today at a rather miserable card at Aqueduct

Light
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM
You talk about "you only disprove claims made by others"...
Who annointed you the chosen one?

Where do you apply? (Yes,my answer is as stupid as your question.)

Problem is, as I mentioned, you post AFTER the fact.

That's the point Einstien. The proof is in the pudding.

And my comment was racial in nature. For a reason. It got under your skin and your response shows that.

That's not the reason. You are a racist to begin with or you wouldn't even have used that tactic to get under my skin. There are other ways than racism.

As for intellect and answering intellectually, might you take some of your own advice here and act intelligently.

If you cant handle a simple 0-9/ 0-17 statement,what can you discuss? Is that a lie, a stretch or a fact? How much sugar coating do you require?

There is very little accountability here on selections. Most of the posters are full of talk before their selections and none afterwards including their scores. That speaks volumes.

cees with dees
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I didn't realize I wasn't allowed a bad run.
Anyone that's been watching these races the past few days knows, in spite of price, Miss Tequila, The McLaughlin horse in the 3 horse field, and Tidal Slam all looked like winners until they lost.
And I invested quite a bit on Miss Tequilla and Tidal Slam and I shake it off and move on.
To get criticism on top of losing is just plain poor sportsmanship. Almost like trying to rub my face in a loser.
At least I have courage to post my opinions pre race, and most times, days in advance.
I guess on a public board I have that coming to me.
Bottom line is, there are tons of really tremendous people on here who share their thoughts, and ask me questions and I am happy to spend any length of time with anyone.
To let one just really unhappy person, spoil that, ain't gonna happen.
I took today off mainly to transfer money back into my betting accounts and to shake off Tidal Slam but will be back firing tomorrow just as happy to be here and just as confident.
Light, I hope you find something soon that makes you happy. No one should have to go through life like you do.
Be well.
Ben

newtothegame
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Where do you apply? (Yes,my answer is as stupid as your question.)

That's the point Einstien. The proof is in the pudding.

That's not the reason. You are a racist to begin with or you wouldn't even have used that tactic to get under my skin. There are other ways than racism.

If you cant handle a simple 0-9/ 0-17 statement,what can you discuss? Is that a lie, a stretch or a fact? How much sugar coating do you require?

There is very little accountability here on selections. Most of the posters are full of talk before their selections and none afterwards including their scores. That speaks volumes.

Thdere is even less accountability when there are NO selections as in your case.....So what your readily saying is that you wish to be able to freely post your anger and hate as well as unwanted criticism of others, with NO accountability for yourself. You just wish to apply accountability and recieve none....
Thats what you just don't get.....
"Stalking".....(My definition)....one who has serious mental issues and lacks any self pride in their own abilities so they wish to follow others to point out inefficiencies. Thereby making themselves feel better about their own pitiful lives...
If the shoe fits light...(or would you rather cinderella??) ....put your glass slipper on!!!

Light
04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I took today off mainly to transfer money back into my betting accounts and to shake off Tidal Slam

Are you serious? You claim to be professional and put a wad on a 4/5 shot? It has been said over and over on this board by the consensus of members that betting underlays and odds on horses is the quickest way to the poor house and I agree. Even if you love them,you need to pass on them. That's just horseracing 101. This is why I doubt what you claim and why I am on your case. What you say is inconsistent with the way someone who earns a living from the track would bet.Not to mention your overconfidence on your picks. Again a professional would never have that attitude. Another quick way to tapping out.

Light, I hope you find something soon that makes you happy. No one should have to go through life like you do.
Be well.

That is a cheap way of trying to scapegoat the focus from your failures to me. Not gonna work. You dont know me.

Light
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Thdere is even less accountability when there are NO selections as in your case.....So what your readily saying is that you wish to be able to freely post your anger and hate as well as unwanted criticism of others, with NO accountability for yourself. You just wish to apply accountability and recieve none....
Thats what you just don't get.....
"Stalking".....(My definition)....one who has serious mental issues and lacks any self pride in their own abilities so they wish to follow others to point out inefficiencies. Thereby making themselves feel better about their own pitiful lives...
If the shoe fits light...(or would you rather cinderella??) ....put your glass slipper on!!!

Now you are becoming humorous. Discussion that you disagree with is "stalking".Discussion that you disagree with is "hatred and anger" with "serious mental issues". You've run out of anything intelligent to say. Where's your race card? Will you soon label me a terrorist? Try to come back from space and address the topic.

judd
04-01-2010, 08:10 PM
[ dont you :sleeping: think enough is enough

cees with dees
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Are you serious? You claim to be professional and put a wad on a 4/5 shot? It has been said over and over on this board by the consensus of members that betting underlays and odds on horses is the quickest way to the poor house and I agree. Even if you love them,you need to pass on them. That's just horseracing 101. This is why I doubt what you claim and why I am on your case. What you say is inconsistent with the way someone who earns a living from the track would bet.Not to mention your overconfidence on your picks. Again a professional would never have that attitude. Another quick way to tapping out.

That is a cheap way of trying to scapegoat the focus from your failures to me. Not gonna work. You dont know me.

I don't remember ever saying I bet Tidal Slam to win.
And if you think I care for one second that you are quote, unquote, on my case, you are more screwed up than I think.
You seem to know all about the poor house though but offer no answers or even suggestions on how to avoid it.
I bet who I like. I don't care if they're 3-5 or 50-1.
Turns out if Tidal Slam won, I'd have turned him into a 7-2 shot with doubles and exactas.
So at least try to know what you're talking about before you spew your ignorance all over your keyboard and transfer it here.
Ben