PDA

View Full Version : types of wagers

bugboy
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but here goes.
Can someone put up a section as to what type of bets we make i.e. win,place show ,ex, tri's and so on. What is the most popular type of bet of this boards members?? As for me, I'm starting with the $1.00 tri box as my favorite.........as of now.

Super Dimes
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Can someone put up a section as to what type of bets we make i.e. win,place show ,ex, tri's and so on. What is the most popular type of bet of this boards members?? As for me, I'm starting with the $1.00 tri box as my favorite.........as of now.

I go after the Exacta... I will chase the tri and super if my exacta wager looks strong...

therussmeister
03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I do mostly trifectas, but I never, ever box. I am working diligently to expand into superfectas.

Johnny V
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Mostly win betting and exactas.

Fingal
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Straight win bets, or most horizontal bets such as Doubles, P3, or P4.
For me, the name of the game is to win, not run 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 5th.

formula_2002
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Straight win bets, or most horizontal bets such as Doubles, P3, or P4.
For me, the name of the game is to win, not run 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 5th.
I BUY INTO THAT.
ALSO, IF YOU CAN PICK THE WINNER, LET THE PUBLIC PICK THE PLACE HORSE
FOR YOUR EXACTA

BombsAway Bob
03-31-2010, 01:32 AM
It has a lot to do with what track you're playing, how big a bankroll you have, how many races you hope to play, & how often you're expecting to cash.
That $6 on a $1 TriBox tells me you want a chance to score more than the "stay-alive" three-horse $1 exacta box. That's good.
But, if one of your horses is 8/1 or higher, you might
go with $2 Exacta Part-Wheel,(8/1 shot) over (other two choices)=$4,
reversing it for $1=$2. Your hit rate improves for same investment.

Jackal
03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
There is an old saying, "You can beat a race but you can't beat the races." I play dime superfectas on races I don't really like. I bet an exacta on a race that I feel I can beat. If I feel the race might "break up" I still bet a dime superfecta trying to make a big score for a few dollars.