PDA

View Full Version : Run-up Times In New York

PhantomOnTour
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
As primarily a NY player my season is about to gear up with Aqu moving to the outer dirt and the return of turf racing on Weds. Most of my play is concentrated on Belmont and I have a few questions about their run-up times and gate placings, if ya'll will indulge me:

1) what are the shortest and longest run-ups on turf and dirt?

2) will run-ups change for the same distance on the same day?(i.e.-if 3 6f races are run on one day do they all have the same run-up dist?)

3) is there a standard or most used run-up distance? (therefore, a starting point of no deviation/adjustment for pace and speed figs)

4) the billion dollar question: how do you adjust your figs with this data now available, if you adjust at all?

I play pretty seriously at Bel and Sar and make my own Quirin style figs for those tracks. I tried to retro adjust my figs after finding out about the available info on the run-ups and it turned into one huge hairball (lost over $700 at Sar...just being honest).
I will understand if question #4 goes unanswered as it may be the key to the accuracy of your figs, but any help would be dandy.
Thx.

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Okay, does anyone know where I can find the run-up distances for Belmont from last year? They are not listed in the DRF charts. NYRA charts have them but all 2009 Bel charts are gone now.

Thx again.

therussmeister
03-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I am pretty sure Equibase will have them.

Tom
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, EB has that info - just checked. Goto the Historical charts, and take a calendar with you!

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=1&BorP=P&TID=BEL&CTRY=USA&DT=05/06/2009&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes, EB has that info - just checked. Goto the Historical charts, and take a calendar with you!

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=1&BorP=P&TID=BEL&CTRY=USA&DT=05/06/2009&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB
Thanks for the info. I don't need an account with Equibase do I? I think I remember reading here on PA that it's free.
And here I was hoping someone else would do the work for me....nice try Phantom :cool: