PDA

View Full Version : Program Offering

Hammerhead
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Not being a consistent contributer to PA I tried to down load the free offering of Handi It showed up in a DOS window. It showed 1400+ stuff which I download allready in windows what am I missing here? I have a program that I use that can allready use any of the fields from bris. Basically in any form I want. What would the advantage be to using Handi in the DOS version? Except better ideas, better alog's, wiser thinking, cuter graphics, Ha won't discourage me. I will plod along with my own Stupor Slicker Picker Guarenteed to pick "1" winner a week come hell or high water without the help of outside influence in my quest to become the number one hcper ever. Plus I can get my picks with 3 strokes of the ole mouse. No winners but quick. :lol:

Handiman
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
The Handifast program I have programmed is in Windows. It is not in DOS. I haven't programmed in dos in ...well since I quit using Turbo Pascal and I can't even remember when that was.

So if you have a DOS program it is not mine.

Handi:)

Hammerhead
03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Sure wish I new what I downloaded then. Then with my control over the mouse anything could have happened. It opened in a DOS window what ever it was. :bang:

Tom
03-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Did you get the one that parses text files from another poster?

headhawg
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah that's odd as the only two people that I know of writing code for Handifast are Handi and myself. In fact, I did not know there was any other code floating around. I would suggest that unless you get a version of Handifast from us or from Doug that you eye it with some suspicion. It's possible that some idiot is releasing a program using the Handifast name but it could be some kind of malicious software.

I hope someone here can clarify where this mystery Handifast "DOS" code is coming from and what it does. I don't remember seeing a post/thread about it.

Tom
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
I was thinking maybe he got the CVS Trimmer that dukofpearl so generously shared here, too?

dukeofperl
03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I was thinking maybe he got the CVS Trimmer that dukofpearl so generously shared here, too?

point taken but csvtrimmer is a win32 GUI program, not dos.

I did post a dos program named TASK. The supporting thread contained full instructions and program intent which Clearly states the program is not a stand alone h'capping program rather it is simply a helper script that might be useful to some of the members.

My 2c

raybo
04-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, the only thing DOS about the AllData program is the Infotran parser (which he may be referring to, I suppose), but without the spreadsheet being downloaded it wouldn't do much good.

Anyway, DOS, as far as AllData PPs is concerned, is being "put to bed", thank goodness!