Snag
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I have a feeling there are more YouTube videos to come. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ Stinks
03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
That film is hilarious! :lol:

ArlJim78
03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Previously I thought that the dumbest video I ever saw was the girl at the teen pageant a few years back talking about US Americans and geography, but this guy being a congressman I think trumps her with his concern about Guam capsizing. I thought it was appropriate material for my Real Men of Congress thread.

zNZczIgVXjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg&feature=player_embedded

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Wow. And they called Bush the Rutabaga?

This guy should be kicked out of congress immediately on principal alone.

Leonard
04-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Previously I thought that the dumbest video I ever saw was the girl at the teen pageant a few years back talking about US Americans and geography, but this guy being a congressman I think trumps her with his concern about Guam capsizing. I thought it was appropriate material for my Real Men of Congress thread.

zNZczIgVXjg

Congressman Johnson is the epitome of a profile in courage. How many others are bringing the terrible problem of capsizing islands to the forefront of public discussion? The Admiral simply side-stepped the issue and didn't directly respond to the problem of too many Marines capsizing Guam.

When Guam capsizes and sinks into the Pacific, no matter its exact dimensions, you will see what a visionary leader Hank really is.

ArlJim78
04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Congressman Johnson is the epitome of a profile in courage. How many others are bringing the terrible problem of capsizing islands to the forefront of public discussion? The Admiral simply side-stepped the issue and didn't directly respond to the problem of too many Marines capsizing Guam.

When Guam capsizes and sinks into the Pacific, no matter its exact dimensions, you will see what a visionary leader Hank really is.
yes he is quite the visionary. Not only bringing up the rather obscure but important issue of islands capsizing, but also the very real threat that the extra 5,000 or so personnel would have on the coral reefs in the area, and even global warming. You can't be too careful.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
What population of morons allowed this dolt to represent them?

Least widest? Knows all of the dimensions and can't figure out the square mileage? And that's before his theories on the island "tipping over" like so many islands before it. Wow.

lsbets
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
What population of morons allowed this dolt to represent them?

He replaced that loon Cynthia McKinney - he was a big improvement.

Warren Henry
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Is that gentleman that way all the time or was he somehow impaired on that occasion. I talk kinda slow and stupid like that when I am really, really drunk. :D

ArlJim78
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I just heard on Rush that the guy has hepatitus C and other health issues, and "isn't all there" for various reasons related to his health. So I'll cut the guy some slack if this is true.

boxcar
04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I just heard on Rush that the guy has hepatitus C and other health issues, and "isn't all there" for various reasons related to his health. So I'll cut the guy some slack if this is true.

Someone that sick has no business being in office. Pelosi probably keeps him around because he makes her look smart by comparison.

Boxcar

46zilzal
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I just heard on Rush that the guy has hepatitis C and other health issues, and "isn't all there" for various reasons related to his health. So I'll cut the guy some slack if this is true.
Law and Order had a great episode last night about a radio clone of the king of racist clowns, Enlightening

"Issues" the catch all phrase for those who don't have access to a thesaurus!

ArlJim78
04-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Law and Order had a great episode last night about a radio clone of the king of racist clowns, Enlightening

"Issues" the catch all phrase for those who don't have access to a thesaurus!
no matter how hard you try to appear "Enlightened", you aren't fooling anybody.

I should add though that it takes courage to admit that you watch Law and Order and find it Enlightening.

xtb
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Zilly has some issues.

Tom
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes, he does, and we could write volumes about them.
But then again, I'm no Eintstein.

mostpost
04-01-2010, 06:46 PM

zNZczIgVXjg

Once again you guys have bought into the rightwing propaganda that Guam is an island, when it is obviously a giant pool toy. Thank God for statesmen like Hank Johnson. Thank God for people who are not afraid to stand up for the people of Guam in the face of ridicule. I say it's time for an update to Jack Kennedy's classic tome "Profiles in Courage" Well done, Congressman Johnson, well done.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Once again you guys have bought into the rightwing propaganda that Guam is an island, when it is obviously a giant pool toy. Thank God for statesmen like Hank Johnson. Thank God for people who are not afraid to stand up for the people of Guam in the face of ridicule. I say it's time for an update to Jack Kennedy's classic tome "Profiles in Courage" Well done, Congressman Johnson, well done.

I was sure that you were going to reveal that it was obviously a simple metaphor. Thank you for having some dignity. :kiss:

Warren Henry
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Of some of your past posts. Perhaps you didn't really believe some of the other stuff you wrote either. :eek:

Valuist
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I posted this link on another site, which is more left oriented. Not one response. No sense of humor???

mostpost
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Of some of your past posts. Perhaps you didn't really believe some of the other stuff you wrote either. :eek:
Yes I do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

However there is no truth to the rumor that Congressman Johnson is a member of the "The Earth isn't really round" subcommittee.

boxcar
04-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Zilly has some issues.

He has a lot more than "some". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
04-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Yes, he does, and we could write volumes about them.
But then again, I'm no Eintstein.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard an interview on a radio show that the guy actually has been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's symptoms and is refusing treatment........damn shame.

I cut him some slack............ and give props to the Military type who was able to stay composed

Robert Goren
04-02-2010, 02:14 AM
I posted this link on another site, which is more left oriented. Not one response. No sense of humor??? You posted on another site? What kind of loyality is that? I thought we were the only ones who were getting the benefit of your wisedom. I feel like Tiger's wife. I wonder if there is a clinic for posteraholics.;)

Warren Henry
04-02-2010, 03:19 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard an interview on a radio show that the guy actually has been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's symptoms and is refusing treatment........damn shame.

I cut him some slack............ and give props to the Military type who was able to stay composed
That is just sad. My heart goes out to him and his family. I agree on props to the Officer who kept his cool.

Grandma had Alzheimer's, Mom has it now and my wife is a little bit leery of me at this point. Not a funny deal.