PDA

View Full Version : Handifast Version 7

Handiman
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Also known now as Handifast Golden Horse. I sent my newest version to Doug tonight and he will look at it and make it available when he is ready.

The newest part is the Batch Processor. I also included an instruction readme file.

Handi:)

douglasw32
03-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Oh YEAH ! This is Golden, How do you do it ???

This is very nice, as soon as work permits (Read as, 1st chance I get during lunch) I will upload this baby for everyone.

THANKS !

Doug

P.S. Is there any quick way for you to put back the RS, but just have it pull the Early Speed Points right from the Bris file as they are like 1,2,4,6,8 Etc ?

Handiman
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Do you mean fill in the RS with the running style points? Instead of a letter representing a style?

Handi

douglasw32
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry- Actually, any way to squueze E8, EP7, P3, S0 etc into that area?

Handiman
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
I think so. Let me look. Right now I am pretty sick with a bad head cold. Can't hardly think.

hracingplyr
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have any good set ups for the handi software at Keenland?

dukeofperl
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Off-topic but worth mentioning (IMO)

There are several sports bars (and other locations) in Arizona that have on-sight OTB ... drink, eat and bet -- tough to beat.

Anyway, I met my daughter for lunch at one of the sports bars and before I left the house I ran Handi (default settings) on SA for today's races just for the heck of it ...

I played the 1st 2 races and Handi had both exactas ... $50+change and $11 even. Now that's how I like doing lunch :cool:

Thanks Handi, this Bud's for you.

Duke

Handiman
04-03-2010, 01:13 AM
when I get down your way, I better get a free beer and juicy burger...lol

Great to hear things like this.

fast4522
04-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Is the new version available for download that does all 6 tracks in csv?

douglasw32
04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Okay I uploaded it to http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

There is a readme with instructions inside the ZIP file, it is labeled V7

Note to Handy:

Am I missing something or is HHXv21 still the only one that will export a CSV of the data for Race Day play ?

It looks like the new one is only capable of exporting a comma file after you have the exotic results file in place.

Correct ?

Thanks, Doug

Viruss
04-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Ok this might not matter to anyone but me. the scoring on the S1 is reading the S3 column and and S3 is reading the S1 column

Earl J

barshoe
04-03-2010, 11:56 AM
EVEYTHING IS WORKING GREAT JOB.. THANKS...

Vinnie
04-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Handi:

Just downloaded "The Golden Horse" and looking at several tracks with it today. Beautiful piece of machinery you have created maestro... :)

Thank you so much. I appreciate it!

Have a great weekend and most of all I hope that you have been feeling much better...

Brewser
04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm having a display issue with the program window. There isn't a scroll bar to navigate to the end of the window and data gets cut off. Anyone else with this problem? Any idea's on how to fix? I'll stick with 2.1 with better window control.

Thanks for an interesting tool!

Viruss
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
try changing you screen res to 1280 x 960 pixils

Brewser
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
my old t40 isn't capable of that high a resolution. But it display's fine on my desktop.
Where are the results displayed from the XRD file after a batch processing??

Handiman
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok I'll try and answer a couple of things here.

I talked to HH and he said having the live tracks save a csv was somewhat redundant, so I eliminated that ability. Creating a csv file is only capable through the batch processor.

As for xrd results, the xrd results import directly into excell so no report with that data available. The batch processor saves the csv files in C:\horse\csv at least that is where they should be located.

There maybe problems or bugs as they are described in coding lingo. Let me know what they are, and after this version has been used a bit, I will try and get bugs fixed.

Hope everyone enjoys this.

Handi :)

PS. Having a hell of a time shaking this damn sickness.

headhawg
04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I talked to HH and he said having the live tracks save a csv was somewhat redundant, so I eliminated that ability. Creating a csv file is only capable through the batch processor.Just to be clear -- what I meant was that coding the csv output for six simultaneous "live" tracks was probably unnecessary. I think for those people who need/want to print the summary screen the csv method introduced in the HHX version was the way to go. I still feel that there is a need to do csv output for tracks with no results, but it could be done one track at a time. I imagine for the time being users could still revert to the latest HHX version to do that though.

Sorry for the confusion when I explained it, and that I have not been able to help out with the code. I also hope that you feel better real soon.

permenbg
04-03-2010, 09:22 PM
is ver 7 out any where yet..

permenbg

Rwahi1
04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Your program works great! :ThmbUp:

Thank you very much.

Handiman
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't always see the trees for the forest being in the way. So what I need to know here, is there a big demand to print the summaries to paper? If so I can most likely put in a print button in the summaries so they can be printed out.

Please offer up some input, so I will know what to do.

Thanks,

Vinnie
04-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Handi:

Of course, I can't speak for anyone else, but, I for one would love to be able to print from a print button in the summary report area of The Golden Horse. I think that it would be very cool and useful to have that functionality within the program. That is, if it isn't super difficult and ultra time consuming for you to program that particular ability into MT-7 at some point in the future.

Thanks for considering this possibility Handi... :)

Hope you are feeling Better.

Viruss
04-04-2010, 12:04 AM
:ThmbUp:

That would be great Handi if we could have a print option i bet mostly at the track or otb. love your program guys thank you.

Earl J

Brewser
04-04-2010, 12:57 AM
The CSV is created without an XRD in HHX21, why is it needed to create a csv in V7 without including any results data? The csv is more useful before the race to evaluate, away from the PC.
Just my thought.......

Handiman
04-04-2010, 02:04 AM
My head is spinning concerning CSV files. I thought the CSV files were used for researching winning patterns or setups with Excell. And the total points won't be correct if the scratches aren't taken care of before using the CSV files. That's why the the need for XRD files.

Sometimes I'm as dumb as a post. So please would someone tell me what is needed concerning the CSV files?

I will look into putting in a print option. Is printing for just the first track enough or do all six track modules need print option?

Thanks Guys.....and by the way....Happy Easter to Everyone.

Vinnie
04-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Happy Easter to you and your family Handi and also a Very Happy Easter to everyone else on this wonderful Board. :)

Boulder
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Handi, I am not that good with setting up the program. But I tryed to follow your directions on setting up folders and sub-folders and think I did it right but, The bris file is not loading up to the new update(Golden Horse). I must be missing a step. I had no problem with Handifast 6. Iwould appreciate any help. Thanks and Happy Easter to you and Yours. Boulder

barshoe
04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Happy Easter to everyone...

permenbg
04-04-2010, 12:56 PM
how could i get a copy of the new ver 7.

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

lsosa54
04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
how could i get a copy of the new ver 7.

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

lsosa54
04-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Handi, I am not that good with setting up the program. But I tryed to follow your directions on setting up folders and sub-folders and think I did it right but, The bris file is not loading up to the new update(Golden Horse). I must be missing a step. I had no problem with Handifast 6. Iwould appreciate any help. Thanks and Happy Easter to you and Yours. Boulder

Put the drf file in the "data" subfolder within the "horse" folder. On your C drive it will look like C:\horse\data

permenbg
04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
any time you can make the trip , come on down to orange, texas ..
we will hit the big and great Delta Downs (about 10 miles from my house ).

lots of beer and good eats.

thanks a lot for all the work you and your friends have put in to handicapping.

have a good day
permenbg

bpermenter@gt.rr.com

raybo
04-04-2010, 03:05 PM
any time you can make the trip , come on down to orange, texas ..
we will hit the big and great Delta Downs (about 10 miles from my house ).

lots of beer and good eats.

thanks a lot for all the work you and your friends have put in to handicapping.

have a good day
permenbg

bpermenter@gt.rr.com

B,

Didn't know you are in Orange. I graduated from Vidor High back in '67. Used to go through West Orange on the way to the Louisiana border to buy booze, they'd sell to you if you were tall enough to put the money on the counter. :D

permenbg
04-04-2010, 05:35 PM
born here, came back in 1957 been here ever since (orange texas), been going to Delta downs since it open..ran a few horses there. lot of good times
before the slots..

good to here from you

permenbg
bobby

raybo
04-04-2010, 05:45 PM
born here, came back in 1957 been here ever since (orange texas), been going to Delta downs since it open..ran a few horses there. lot of good times
before the slots..

good to here from you

permenbg
bobby

Yeah, I heard some pretty wild things about DeD in the past. Some "pretty strange" happenings there. Well, you know how "dem cajuns is". ;)

Ever hear of the Boogie Kings band? Mid to late 60's, right over the border, great band, great times.

GaryG
04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Vidor....where George Jones is still the king.

Boulder
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Isosa54, I believe I have that set up right, but it won't expand the file in the golden horse program. The drf file is in the data sub-folder but won't expand. I must be doing something wrong? any other ideas? Boulder

Handiman
04-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Boulder,

You have to unzip the file first. You can not go from zip mode directly into the program. I did not install an unzip utility in the program.

raybo
04-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Vidor....where George Jones is still the king.

Well, I don't know what kind of king. My understanding is that he lived north of town and could be seen nightly, sitting on his porch, chun-king his empty beer cans out in the street.:lol:

BIG HIT
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Have a question in read me file 1a says to create folder c;\ horse and then sub folder's.My problem is when trying to create a folder with c; it says can't used a number of symbol's like / \ .Useing vista 32 bit and try to use all folder in c.Also does this use tsn and bris.?

headhawg
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
No you can't actually use the "/" or "\"character in the name of the folder. When showing a folder path it is customary to use the \ character to indicate the start of folders/subfolders. So, C:\horse\data\ means a folder named "data" created inside a folder named "horse" located on the root of C: (the C drive).

BIG HIT
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
HH think i got it create new folder called horse in c;\ then put horse data horse results and horse csv in folder called horse right.? thank agian for response.

permenbg
04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
ray,

i was able a couple of times to meet George and Tammy,(set at there table) enjoyed them very much. you know George had a little problem of not showing up(no show jones). the Boogie Kings were great at The big Oaks.

bring back old memorys

bobby

bpermenter@gt.rr.com

Handiman
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Bighit,

You should have just one folder named C:\horse then as subfolders to that would be data results and CSV

so you would have C:\horse and branching off of that would be the three subfolders.

Hope that makes it clearer.

raybo
04-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Bighit,

You should have just one folder named C:\horse then as subfolders to that would be data results and CSV

so you would have C:\horse and branching off of that would be the three subfolders.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Big Hit,

If I were going to create these folders/subfolders, this is how I would do it:

On the desktop, right click an empty area, select "New", select "Folder", name the folder "Horse". Repeat the whole process to create 3 more folders named "Data", "Results", and "CSV". Then left click and hold each of the last 3 folders, dragging each one into the "Horse" folder. Then right click "Start", select "Explore", then find your hard drive ("C" drive) in the Explore window, then size, or move, the window so you can see the "Horse" folder on your desktop, left click and hold "Horse" folder, then drag it to your "C" drive.

BIG HIT
04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Handi you can't name folder c;\horse.So named it horse and put my data Results,csv folder in it.
Raybo have done basicly.Here is what happen's now.When open golden horse it shows batch,database,handifast mt7 database is greyed out.
When push mt-7 c;\horse opens choose trk click loads work's as should all good.
But when push batch and load nothing useing 4 digits if retry.Iget warning#miner# horse bat
Thesehandles closed by liberty basic
please apropriate close command when push ok get runtime error handle#horse bat see error log for more info.So that is where i'am at.Just a old fool with pants on floor lol

gillenr
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Handi you can't name folder c;\horse.So named it horse and put my data Results,csv folder in it.
Raybo have done basicly.Here is what happen's now.When open golden horse it shows batch,database,handifast mt7 database is greyed out.
When push mt-7 c;\horse opens choose trk click loads work's as should all good.
But when push batch and load nothing useing 4 digits if retry.Iget warning#miner# horse bat
Thesehandles closed by liberty basic
please apropriate close command when push ok get runtime error handle#horse bat see error log for more info.So that is where i'am at.Just a old fool with pants on floor lol
I haven't followed the whole thread, but the semi-colon should be a colon - I think!

BIG HIT
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Gilner for point that out it was just a type o of which i have many in cludeing spelling really terrible at this. Thanks again

Handiman
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Big,

The batch processor works separately from the mt-7 button. You don't need to use the batch processor unless you want the summaries put into a csv file for use in Excel. Also to use the batch processor, you must have matching xrd files for any datafiles you want to process.

I may have found a bug in the program last night. I am looking into it today.

BIG HIT
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I do have matching xrd in xrd folder.Just wanted to try it out.Thanks

Rpunchbuggy
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I just downloaded the new version. After I loaded an old drf file and selected a race I don't get anything. Just the blue background. What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate your help and love your program.

Handiman
04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
When you do exactly as you said, you then need to click the radio button just under the Load Track button. It should be the T-1 if you are using the first track module. If the 2nd module it would be the T-2 and so on.

Use the T buttons to toggle back and fort between track modules if you are doing more than one track live at a time.

Hope that helps.

douglasw32
04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Handi, when you get it done for sure I can make an installer that puts all the folders where they belong.

Handiman
04-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks Doug.

I have been working on the database aspect of Handifast. I processed all the results files tonight and they sit in file ready for access.

Now I need to write the section to process the race cards.

Thought you might like an update as to how things are going. I don't know how this is all going to work, but we will see....LOL

douglasw32
04-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Anyway it works , it works =)

PMDIC
04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Where can i download handifast? Thanks,Phil

douglasw32
04-16-2010, 11:05 PM

cloud9
04-17-2010, 12:14 PM
http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Wich file is Version 7 .

Floyd
04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
handifast7.zip

dartman51
04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I would like to address a couple of issues with v7. Sometimes, " shows up after the program number. That's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. More importantly, v7 Golden Horse, does not produce the same numbers as v6, some races have the top 4 in a different order, and in some cases, if gives a different top 4, altogether. I checked the default settings that show, and they are the same, so I have to assume that the settings that don't show are different, or it is selecting a different pace line. Any thoughts on this??

TS

Handiman
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
I will look into this asap.

Thanks

Floyd
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey, guys. After paying my rent today at Tampa Bay, (Oh, and did anybody else bet on the top F.A.S.T. number on the default setting in the ninth today? Sweet!) I figured I'd run The Kenducky Terby, since I'll be seeing my father-in-law this weekend and he's sure to ask. ( I've got a long-standing vow never to bet that behemoth) Anyway, the 22 horses crashed HandiFast 7. What's the limit? 20? 21?

Handiman
04-22-2010, 02:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 20. I will look tomorrow and see if I can easily expand it to cover derby day.

SoCaGambler
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello Handi,

I am having the same problem as Big Hit when i try and access the batching part of Handifast7. All seems to work ok until i click the batch processor.
I have downloaded the results from Brisnet and placed the file in C:\horse\results. When i click the batch processor i am receiving the same error messages that Big Hit noted. I am confused as xrd files that you noted could you explain what they are and where to get them. Maybe i am not downloading the correct files from Brisnet.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck

kroow
04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
handi.
i have the same problem as BigHit&SoCaGambler
program works great until i try to use the batch processor.
same error messages,and yes everything is in the proper folder, including
the xrd files.
that aside, its a terrific program, i thank you and everyone, involved for all your
work in developing it.

kroow

raybo
04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello Handi,

I am having the same problem as Big Hit when i try and access the batching part of Handifast7. All seems to work ok until i click the batch processor.
I have downloaded the results from Brisnet and placed the file in C:\horse\results. When i click the batch processor i am receiving the same error messages that Big Hit noted. I am confused as xrd files that you noted could you explain what they are and where to get them. Maybe i am not downloading the correct files from Brisnet.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck

".xrd" is the file type suffix for the "Exotic Results Files". From the home page, click "Results and Charts" then scroll down to "Result Data Files", then click "Exotic Results Files".

SoCaGambler
04-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks Raybo, that's what i am doing wrong. Have a great weekend.

BIG HIT
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry to repeat problem again MT-7 all works where it show batch and database and mt-7 the batch and mt-7 are in dark print.Meaning thier alive but database is grey out why.? Also did as raybo said makeing horse folder and sub folder on desktop.Then drag sub folder into horse folder and then drag that into c drive. still problem.
Even though have file and xrd in correct folders.Did not download these files drag them to correct folders that should not make a difference should it.?

Handiman
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
I need to know what the error message says when the program crashes.

As for the files. As long as the files are unzipped and then put in the folders, it shouldn't matter how they get in there.

The database bar is greyed out because the database module is not done.

Important that you tell me what the error message says when the program crashes.

Thanks

BIG HIT
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
When open prgm batch and MT-7 are live dark print Database greyed out.When push batch screen pop up asking file date put it in push button and nothing if push agian get. msghandles closed liberty basic.Please add appropriate close commands.Push agian runtime error handi# horse bet already open.

Handiman
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Ok what is happening when you enter the date, which I assume you are entering in the 4 digits ie; 0426 which would be today for instance, the program starts working internally and it looks like nothing is happening. But you must give it a little while to run.

It will process the files and then ask you if you want to save the first file. Then it will process the next and ask you again. And so on depending on how many files you have in the folder for the entered date.

When you click the 2nd time you interupt the program flow and it will crash. So try it and give the program at least 2 minutes to hunt down the matching dates and start processing. I thought the cursor was changing while the program processed files...but maybe I forgot to do that. I'll have to look.

Anyway try that and let me know what happens.

BIG HIT
04-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok here what happened hit batch entered file ie;0807 hit close the batch button show's cycleing blue to white which i take was working.Didn't notice that before still searching as we speak been 30+ min will it go forever or tell you can't find it.
Also should tell you since are last msg some how lost orignal database that was in c;\ but horse data you had me or raybo suggested is in c;\ as instructed so batch should work any how right as long as data is in horse folder and it is.

raybo
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok here what happened hit batch entered file ie;0807 hit close the batch button show's cycleing blue to white which i take was working.Didn't notice that before still searching as we speak been 30+ min will it go forever or tell you can't find it.
Also should tell you since are last msg some how lost orignal database that was in c;\ but horse data you had me or raybo suggested is in c;\ as instructed so batch should work any how right as long as data is in horse folder and it is.

C:\ not C;\

Handiman
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Big,

It should only be a couple of minutes. It sounds as if you have entered into an endless loop.

Let me see what I can find. I get back here in just a little bit.

Handiman
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
I just ran the program and did not have any problems. One thing is a must...and that is for every race card you have you have to have a matching exotic results file in the results folder.

I hope to have ver 7.1 ready for tomorrow....the change is just to make it handle number of horses that run in the Kentucky Derby.

I don't know what the problem could be with the batch processor. If the problem continues with this new release let me know and we will look into it farther.

douglasw32
04-27-2010, 10:37 PM
yay! derby version

Handiman
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok Doug,

I uploaded version 7.1 it's ready to go.

I ran Churchill 5-01-10 through it and the saddle cloths aren't in the data file yet for all the races.

But it should work just fine.

douglasw32
04-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Posted at http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

hracingplyr
04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
just downloaded 7.1 and ran todays races at churchill and sat. how come there are all zeros in the CL column?

Handiman
04-29-2010, 02:36 PM
What file did you use?

Handiman
04-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Just checked the program and found a mistake. I will upload a new copy for Doug to release.

Handiman
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok Doug. New zip file uploaded with correction. Should be fine now. I was experimenting with a new class number and forgot to switch back.

All should be good to go now.

douglasw32
04-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Moving it now

Floyd
04-29-2010, 03:43 PM
YAY!! Thanks, Handi! I've gotta say HandiFAST has made this game more fun than ever! Thanks to all of you for all your work and generosity.

douglasw32
04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
I can not buy anything it is coming up with for the DERBY , lol... of course we have all been down that road before.

Handiman
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Floyd...you are welcome. I am so glad it is helping. I think we all should take off our hats to Doug for putting us on this road we have traveled.

Thanks Doug.

hracingplyr
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Handi when will the download for the class number be available?

raybo
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I can not buy anything it is coming up with for the DERBY , lol... of course we have all been down that road before.

Considering it's the Derby, that's a good thing. When was the last time the fav won the Derby?

Floyd
04-30-2010, 02:58 PM

That's for sure. Any way I handicap it I get a different result, then, if they run in slop....
I've been home recuperating from minor surgery the last 2 days so I've spent my time studying. I've got 23 different scenarios worked out for that one race and I'm not confident in any of them. I think I'll just do 23 10 cent superfectas and pretend it's a lottery. :cool:

Floyd
04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I think we all should take off our hats to Doug for putting us on this road we have traveled.
Yup! I went and dug my hat out of the closet so I could take it off to you, Doug! Thanks! :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Handi when will the download for the class number be available?

fast4522
05-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Could someone send me a blank or dummy file to put inside my Handifast directory so I do not have to bother with scratches in order to make the batch option work, it is my intention to handle scratches with Excel and is also how I handle printing.
fast4522@yahoo.com