PDA

View Full Version : Baffert tellin em like it is........

Hanover1
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
After fruitless lobbying about track surface at SA, combined with what is known about one surface vs the other, it seems he is getting his roster prepaired on dirt surfaces prior to the upcoming dance, rather than SA Derby this year. He may yet have a starter in there, but his star pupils are elsewhere at this time. I liked Pioneer of the Nile in the Derby last year, and took a bath at the windows, as many did. Any relation to what we see this year vs last in regards to preps for Baffert this year? A statement, or just good horsesense? Makes one wonder.....

andymays
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
The last I heard Lucky was most likely going in the Santa Anita Derby but he found out how he handled dirt at Oaklawn.

Baffert is one of the best guys in the game.

Prior to a big race years ago he commited to an interview on the Roger Stein show who is a friend of his. When ABC (or whichever network is was) told him he had to do an interview for them at the same time he refused and did Rogers show because he had told Roger he would.

bisket
03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
i wouldn't expect much from lucky in the sa derby. baffert never has his wound up tight in that race. could be a spot for a nice payoff on the right horse....

Deepsix
03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Andy, your fixation with Roger Stein has long been rather over-blown, so to speak. You taut/quote Roger on an almost weekly basis and I can't help but imagine that you are feeding Roger topics for his program. Am I right, or am I right?

Just satisfy this question, and then we can move on.

andymays
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Andy, your fixation with Roger Stein has long been rather over-blown, so to speak. You taut/quote Roger on an almost weekly basis and I can't help but imagine that you are feeding Roger topics for his program. Am I right, or am I right?

Just satisfy this question, and then we can move on.

Deepsix your fixation with me is rather remarkable.

What does it mean that my fixation with Roger Stein is overblown?

You seem to need to comment on the people commenting rather than the topics at hand. :rolleyes:

Whats up and why do you care.

Deepsix
03-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Whats up with Roger and you? Me and you is pretty obvious... its based on what you post here.

andymays
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Whats up with Roger and you? Me and you is pretty obvious... its based on what you post here.

What I posted was a story about Baffert and how he kept his word when most other might not have.

Deepsix its pretty obvious who you are and where you're from. If you want to continue the personal stuff its up to you.

Deepsix
03-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Uh huh.... and all your other references to Roger, and his radio program? Its obvious to this casual observer (me). Hey, I realize you are SoCal oriented BUT are you and some friends feeding subject matter info to Roger? Fess up. It'll help me keep your posts in context. lol

andymays
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Uh huh.... and all your other references to Roger, and his radio program? Its obvious to this casual observer (me). Hey, I realize you are SoCal oriented BUT are you and some friends feeding subject matter info to Roger? Fess up. It'll help me keep your posts in context. lol

The guy has a radio show about Horse Racing. This is a Horse Racing Board.

Are you lost?

Deepsix
03-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't believe I am lost. About my question to you--- do you interact with Roger?

andymays
03-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't believe I am lost. About my question to you--- do you interact with Roger?

About my question to you. Why are you so interested in me when the thread is about Baffert?

Do you have anything to add to it? If not then go back to hanging out at Del Mar.

This poster is one of a clique from Del Mar who is supported by the moderators and management there.

The best thing to do if they continue to do this is to send an email to Del Mar mangement and let them know you will not play Del Mar this summer.

You can contact them at this link.

http://www.dmtc.com/contact.php

Deepsix
03-28-2010, 10:09 PM
? I guess that is a non-denial denial??? You do interact with Roger, eh!

Its helpful to know when someone posts a quote, or a reference to a radio station, to know that that person has some "insider" participation. Thats all its about. I was just asking you to verify.

Thanks

andymays
03-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Its helpful to know when someone posts a quote, or a reference to a radio station, to know that that person has some "insider" participation. Thats all its about. I was just asking you to verify.

Thanks

Thanks for your interest in who I know or who I don't know. :lol:

This poster is one of a clique from Del Mar who is supported by the moderators and management there.

The best thing to do if they continue to do this is to send an email to Del Mar mangement and let them know you will not play Del Mar this summer.

You can contact them at this link.

http://www.dmtc.com/contact.php

Spalding No!
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
i wouldn't expect much from lucky in the sa derby. baffert never has his wound up tight in that race. could be a spot for a nice payoff on the right horse....

Yes.

If you ignore Baffert's 5 victories, 5 second place finishes, and 2 thirds in the last 14 Santa Anita Derbies, I'd say you're right.

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Deepsix, this kind of stuff is best left to private messaging. Believe it or not, it's coming across as mind-numbingly boring.

ANYBODY can have interaction with Roger Stein and his radio show. ANY ONE OF US...what the hell is your point? (now it's not so boring anymore, is it?)

Deepsix
03-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Pace, my point, or question, is very straight forward. You apparently feel I'm asking an unfair, or inappropriate question so I'll take your admonishment to heart. Point taken.

PhantomOnTour
03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
If Lookin At Luckt goes in the SA Derby it is my humble opine that he will show more speed than he has thus far. Then he will finish around 2nd or 3rd, and be all tightened up for Churchill....classic Baffert.

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Pace, my point, or question, is very straight forward. You apparently feel I'm asking an unfair, or inappropriate question so I'll take your admonishment to heart. Point taken.No, it's not really. What kind of interaction are you talking about? Any fan of any public figure, especially a horse racing talk show host, can have plenty of interaction with said host. From calling them on the air and participating in the show itself, to emails with show comments or suggestions.

Again, what exactly is the point you are trying to make? Obviously, it's not very straight forward, or I wouldn't be asking.

If it didn't come across as brow-beating, if you had only asked AM this question once or twice, I wouldn't be jumping in here...but I feel it my duty to put an end to the mindless back -and-forth.

Stillriledup
03-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Roger reads these boards like a hawk, he doesn't need Andy feeding him topics.

Bruddah
03-29-2010, 04:37 PM

Thanks

What the Hades does it matter who/ where/ why he interacts with anyone. I believe your post to be waaaaayyy off subject in this thread and you should speak to the topic or shut yer yap. :kiss:

My Dr. doesn't want me getting so angry, but I had to jump in, because this is ridiculous.

Hanover1
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks to both of you for the insight to my post........ :bang:

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Excuse my brief delay in responding. There is substance to my line of questioning, or requests for additional information concerning andymays (and his two buddies). He, andymays, has made himself a visible poster by taking his public stances concerning SoCal (which I followed for nearly 40 years), Synthetics (which I've followed since they were installed), CHRB (which as a product of following SoCal races I've followed), and Del Mar (as a track and as a forum) I've also followed for many years, and ultimately (or finally) the Roger Stein radio program). As someone who follows(ed) the daily SoCal issues, whether mundane or newsworthy, I notice the concentrated effort to be as negative as possible, and I've noticed that its rare indeed that anybody here on PA offers a supporting comment. So, it becomes easy to detect the one-sidedness of these negative articles/posts. That's it, just that simple. That is the genesis of my concentration on andymays' posts. Its apparent to me, using speculation in the absence of rock solid proof (after all it was okay for rwwupl to use 'speculation' to buttress his arguments week, or so, ago).

As for andymays using the delmar connection as he refers to me--- I don't post at delmar, I don't participate on their chat-room. I did follow delmar for years and I assure you that I wasn't an insider. I was, however, reading/posting on occasion when rwwupl was posting there (we agreed on many issues), I was reading/posting when igeteven began taking the forum in the negative direction, and I was present throughout andymays arrival, until the forum shut down.

So, yes I have benefit of many years of observation.

Now you have it.

Granite
03-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Excuse my brief delay in responding. There is substance to my line of questioning, or requests for additional information concerning andymays (and his two buddies). He, andymays, has made himself a visible poster by taking his public stances concerning SoCal (which I followed for nearly 40 years), Synthetics (which I've followed since they were installed), CHRB (which as a product of following SoCal races I've followed), and Del Mar (as a track and as a forum) I've also followed for many years, and ultimately (or finally) the Roger Stein radio program). As someone who follows(ed) the daily SoCal issues, whether mundane or newsworthy, I notice the concentrated effort to be as negative as possible, and I've noticed that its rare indeed that anybody here on PA offers a supporting comment. So, it becomes easy to detect the one-sidedness of these negative articles/posts. That's it, just that simple. That is the genesis of my concentration on andymays' posts. Its apparent to me, using speculation in the absence of rock solid proof (after all it was okay for rwwupl to use 'speculation' to buttress his arguments week, or so, ago).

As for andymays using the delmar connection as he refers to me--- I don't post at delmar, I don't participate on their chat-room. I did follow delmar for years and I assure you that I wasn't an insider. I was, however, reading/posting on occasion when rwwupl was posting there (we agreed on many issues), I was reading/posting when igeteven began taking the forum in the negative direction, and I was present throughout andymays arrival, until the forum shut down.

So, yes I have benefit of many years of observation.

Now you have it.

What has all of this got to do with the price ot tea in China?
andymays can be as negative about synthetics as he wants. He can also be in touch with Roger Stein. So what? Why are you so concerned with what andymays does?

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Call it a character flaw.... I usually am concerned when only one side of issues are discussed, and when I detect an effort to orchestrate (or choreograph) what is presented. As for andymays, the individual, I have absolutely nothing against him... I don't know him. He has taken it upon himself (using what ever name he chooses) to argue his position in various forums, or racing related sites. When I refer to andymays, or rwwupl, or anyone else I'm referring to their posts, not the person. Thats the way this forum stuff works.

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Call it a character flaw.... I usually am concerned when only one side of issues are discussed, and when I detect an effort to orchestrate (or choreograph) what is presented. As for andymays, the individual, I have absolutely nothing against him... I don't know him. He has taken it upon himself (using what ever name he chooses) to argue his position in various forums, or racing related sites. When I refer to andymays, or rwwupl, or anyone else I'm referring to their posts, not the person. Thats the way this forum stuff works.Rare is the track that is referred to in a positive manner these days, don't you think?

NYRA is bashed repeatedly around here as well...

You believe there is some orchestrated effort to paint SoCal racing in a negative light on this forum? As opposed to which circuit that is being painted in a positive light?

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I haven't closely followed New York racing since the late 90's-early 2000. I do, however, continue to read to generally keep abreast of issues. Just as I do across the broad landscape.

As to this forum and the negative light; my only offering is that I have "corporate knowledge" (to use an old phrase meaning 'longer term memory' of what occurred elsewhere (DMR) and that does sway/impact my views of many posts concerning SoCal. Does it make me right, certainly not, however it offers a different view.

I'd think you'd appreciate that.

Hanover1
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Vent and move on dude...singular attacks are generally taken poorly, and once again thank you for using my thread to start, and hopefully finish, the singular focus. BTW, I seem to have missed your response in regards to the actual topic posted here. Your vast amount of time spent following that curcuit may prove interesting if examined......

cj's dad
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
You are coming across poorly here !!!

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Baffert is doing quite well on synthetics, And he and his connections continue to ship across the country as they always have. I recall Baffert withholding horses becasue of impost, surface not being conducive (back in dirt days), and he has always had complaints. Yet he still does well at SoCal and he enjoys the TV/radio exposure.

I really don't know what Baffert thinks, and I'm not sure he does. lol

Hanover1
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Baffert is doing quite well on synthetics, And he and his connections continue to ship across the country as they always have. I recall Baffert withholding horses becasue of impost, surface not being conducive (back in dirt days), and he has always had complaints. Yet he still does well at SoCal and he enjoys the TV/radio exposure.

You have that luxury when you put on a good show..... ;)

Relwob Owner
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM

You seem to be taking some shots(doesnt think, always has complaints, withholds horses) at a guy who....

Has earnings over 135 million

7 Breeders Cup Wins

8 Triple Crown Wins

Multiple Eclipse Award Winners(10?)

Very Few Drug Violations

Immediately recognized by every casual race fan that I know in a positive way

In a sport that does so many things wrong, Baffert is a huge bright spot IMO......Those stats are pretty strong for a guy that you speculate doesnt think..........

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Actually, quite the opposite Relwob (Bowler spelled backwards??? I'm sure I've been preempted with that revelation) .... I'm only commenting. or attempting to give balance to the earlier post about how Baffert hates synthetics. He can't dislike the poly all that much.

Anyway....

Hanover1
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually, quite the opposite Relwob (Bowler spelled backwards??? I'm sure I've been preempted with that revelation) .... I'm only commenting. or attempting to give balance to the earlier post about how Baffert hates synthetics. He can't dislike the poly all that much.

Anyway....
He has adjusted his training methods to suit the horse going over the surface, but has learned, as many others have, that many horses are coming up sore trying to make decent fractions on a consistent basis.

Relwob Owner
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM

Anyway....

Just because he does well on it doesnt mean he likes it, does it?

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Seems we are caught in one of those endless loops of misunderstanding. I'm not anti-Baffert, my post wasn't intended to suggest such. I have read/heard (or by whatever mechanism) that Baffert has made negative comments about the SoCal surface. I believe that he has made such comments. Now, has he picked up and moved his barns out of Socal? Or, has he continued to race over the surface, and he takes his good fortune when it occurs. I suppose the record speaks for itself.

Baffert has made statements against POLY but he continues to race on the surfaces. I get it. Would he prefer a change to dirt??? I think he probably does (based on what I've read) BUT he's still in the winner's circle. I get it.

It's like Bettors who hate the takeout, raise holy hell about it, but still continue to bet those same tracks.

Charlie D
03-30-2010, 09:48 PM
It like Bettors who hate the takeout, raise holy hell about it, but still continue to bet those same tracks.

A fair point in my humble opinion.

Relwob Owner
03-30-2010, 10:09 PM
A fair point in my humble opinion.

I dont agree with the analogy....if Baffert were to move, he would have to move his whole outfit somewhere else, probably along with his family....a bettor can change tracks to bet in an instant with no such issues.....

Charlie D
03-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Same thing, but on different scales RO i think.

Relwob Owner
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Same thing, but on different scales RO i think.

I see the point......I could see it in terms of both instances making those involved suck it up and just do their best....it does show the negative effect of synthetics in terms of how it makes horsemen and bettors both grin and bear it........

Deepsix
03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
IF I'm able to post tomorrow (some intervention ?) I'll look forward to other topics. I'm just yer typical guy who rocks the boat on occasion. <smile>

Goodnight.

Igeteven
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
IF I'm able to post tomorrow (some intervention ?) I'll look forward to other topics. I'm just yer typical guy who rocks the boat on occasion. <smile>

Goodnight.

Thank God

:)