PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem with this site.

BETKING
07-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Why does my computer lock up about 40% of the time when I try to excess this site?? Is anyone else having this porblem?? I have no problem with any other site.

BETKING

Tom
07-13-2003, 10:23 AM
What Windows are you using? W98SE did that to me alot. W98SE is a rather bad OS to begin with, and everytime you use it, it gets worse. I just change to XP and ALL of my computer problems went away, with the sole exception of YouBet, which, in my history, has been the most consistent site ever - NEVER worked right.

Bubbles
07-13-2003, 11:01 AM
I got 98 on my Packard Bell, and it has not given me any problems to date. I have no clue if that is the cause of your problems.

BETKING
07-13-2003, 11:16 AM
I use Window's XP. I also have a pop-up stopper program on my computer, maybe that could be the problem.

BETKING

Larry Hamilton
07-13-2003, 11:55 AM
you may be right, here's the fix. There is a row at the top of the screen. On the left it says "pop-up stopper" nearly all the way over to the right is a file with a plus on it. Click that when you are in pa's place and it will allow the whole domain to work.

Dave Schwartz
07-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Bubbles,

Packard Bell? I didn't know they were still around. Or is yours an old computer?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

JustRalph
07-13-2003, 11:09 PM
The google tool bar is the best pop up blocker I have ever seen.

It is pretty subtle. The only problem I have with it is here at PA. It won't allow private messages to pop up in a new window. It thinks it's a pop up ad. But that is nothing compared to some of the others. You can always read your private messages by just loading them normally.

On your problem...... clear your Internet Temp files and pray.

http://toolbar.google.com/index-beta.php

You still have a Packard Bell!!!????

Do you know how to use a Fire Extinguisher?

:D

JustRalph
07-14-2003, 02:46 AM
I found after a little digging that if you are using the google toolbar and log into this board you can actually allow pop ups. See my post above. Log onto the site and click the popup button on the toolbar and it changes to "allow popups" and from that point on whatever site you have done this with will be able to show you popups. To reverse it, reverse the above. Works great.