PDA

View Full Version : MP3 or IPOD which is better and easier to use with PC

pktruckdriver
03-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Question with windows 7 which is easier as I amunable to get my Sandisk, sansa fuze ,8gb MP3 player to work right.

They say click and drag, yeah it's a drag alright, it does not work.

It think it needs either Rhapsody or WMP to make it work and transfer the MP3 files I have to the MP3 player I want them to play on.

I even had 3-4 kids try it and they are stumped too, why why why is technology and me so dang uncompatible.

Let me know what you think

pktruckdriver
04-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Seems these will now be obsolete, with the IPAD now out, lol.

I still can not operate them, yet.

Donnie
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
From a Sansa review site:

Media Transfer The Fuze has all the bases covered being that you are able to select MSC, MTP, or Auto Detect. This basically means you can use it with any operating system (SanDisk only will give you support for Windows. If you are looking for Mac and Linux support, please drop into our Sansa Forums).

For those unfamiliar with the difference in these transfer protocols are, here is a quick run though. MTP is typical to most MP3 players and it will allow you to take advantage of subscription music services such as Napster or Rhapsody, as well as allow you to create playlists with desktop media players. While it does support drag and drop without the use of software, you will need to be on Windows XP SP2/3 or Vista.

MSC basically acts just like your thumb drive would, allowing you to drag and drop on any modern OS. This mode will work well if you are going between different OSes, but keep in mind you will be limited to less flexible third party playlist create applications.

I have been successful in switching back and forth between the two modes without corrupting the library. Everything seems to work fine, but you can only see the media you add in the mode you add it in. For instance you can only see files added over MTP in MTP mode and MSC in MSC mode.