PDA

View Full Version : Orchid Gr.3

Kimsus
03-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Wide open race.

Some interesting numbers Martin Wolfson is a flat profit .10 in his last 303 turf starts, remarkable numbers for a guy with his profile, he's especially dangerous when he uses Trujillo at a .27 profit for their last 18 starts. It will be interesting to see if Speak Easy Gal can move up in class and go 1 1/2 today against tougher.

Valuist
03-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm not big on "rider" handicapping, but I'd be curious to see how the jocks who rode in Dubai yesterday fare today. Trujillo was one of the ones who was over there.

Kimsus
03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
This is a valid point, I did check the changes page and it did not indicate a rider change at this point.

horses4courses
03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Looking at the race, Mushka's closing kick on firm ground at 11 furlongs ought to win this. She's never been this far, but it shouldn't hurt her chances.

However, there is a fair chance she is not back to her best yet.
She ran well to be second in the BC Distaff, and anything close to that form would win here.

Not taking a short price in the hope that she rebounds from a poor effort last out.

Changing Skies is the next logical choice. Not much value here, either.

Something could surprise, but I just don't see it.

Interesting race to watch for F/M turf marathons down the road.

horses4courses
03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Looking at the race, Mushka's closing kick on firm ground at 11 furlongs ought to win this. She's never been this far, but it shouldn't hurt her chances.

However, there is a fair chance she is not back to her best yet.
She ran well to be second in the BC Distaff, and anything close to that form would win here.

Not taking a short price in the hope that she rebounds from a poor effort last out.

Changing Skies is the next logical choice. Not much value here, either.

Something could surprise, but I just don't see it.

Interesting race to watch for F/M turf marathons down the road.

Mott has both of these, and Changing Skies was scratched.

horses4courses
03-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Wide open race.

Some interesting numbers Martin Wolfson is a flat profit .10 in his last 303 turf starts, remarkable numbers for a guy with his profile, he's especially dangerous when he uses Trujillo at a .27 profit for their last 18 starts. It will be interesting to see if Speak Easy Gal can move up in class and go 1 1/2 today against tougher.

Nice call on that one!

Sharpest trainer in Florida, and a jockey willing to risk jet-lag.......

Kimsus
03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Nice call on that one!

Sharpest trainer in Florida, and a jockey willing to risk jet-lag.......

Thanks, sometimes it works out. :ThmbUp: