PDA

View Full Version : Az. Wagering - Any Progress ?

Hosshead
03-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Wondering if there has been any progress for Az. residents who want to use Adw's to wager on other tracks across the country ?
Might have an opportunity to move there, but can't unless they change the law.
Unless I rent a small apt./or room in Blythe Ca. or Nogales Mex. and set up a remote computer.

boomman
03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Wondering if there has been any progress for Az. residents who want to use Adw's to wager on other tracks across the country ?
Might have an opportunity to move there, but can't unless they change the law.
Unless I rent a small apt./or room in Blythe Ca. or Nogales Mex. and set up a remote computer.

A specific plan was presented to the ADOR in a special meeting called by the director (on our behalf and request) on Jan 25 in Phoenix (2 H.A.N.A. members were in attendance) with a follow-up video conference that was held on March 3rd. All aspects of the plan are presently being reviewed jointly by the Director and the AG's office and I promise to provide more info when I can...........;)

Boomer

startngate
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Fortunately the new director once worked for YouBet, so at least there is a 'friendly face' on the inside. Hope it helps the AZ bettors ... :)

DeanT
03-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Hoss,

Here is an update from some of the meetings Boomer spoke about (it's from last month)

Thursday, February 4, 2010

HANA/Arizona Stakeholder Meetings - Is Online Wagering For Arizona Horseplayers a Step Closer to Reality? (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/02/hanaarizona-stakeholder-meetings-is.html)

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/02/hanaarizona-stakeholder-meetings-is.html

Hosshead
03-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the update guys.
Looks like there has been some progress, in discussions anyway. My thanks to everyone who spoke up in favor of the horseplayer.
And on the opposite side -- Turf Paradise can go to hell !

The part concerning the indian gaming seems like a big hurdle unless they get a piece of the pie too. But maybe they want the whole pie?

I wish they could just vote against the law that was passed and overturn it, unstead of trying to work around it and leaving it in place.

Even IF the "agency" idea is allowed, would the Az. resident have the freedom and options of betting all the U.S. tracks as if he was using Twinspires or Youbet? That's what I would need.

The way it is now, if you handicap for a living, ... you CAN NOT MOVE TO ARIZONA !

And even if there are other states like that :
That seems downright unconstitutional.