PDA

View Full Version : If Zenyatta.....

cuzimahustler
03-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Would have ran today at meydan in your opinion would she have won?

I say yes. she beat Gio Ponti by a length and he only lost by 1 1/2.

Her connections should have atleast considered this race for her. Imagine beating not one but two world cup fields??

Stillriledup
03-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Its too much of a war to ship to Dubai. Z's owners don't need the money, whats more important to them is Z's health and her undefeated career. Sometimes horses don't come back the same after Dubai, its a big gamble and its usually a gamble you take when you could use the money.

Pick6
03-28-2010, 04:25 AM
1. This race has about zero importance outside of purse.
2. Moss would never put Zenyatta through that.
3. It would probably ruin her for the rest of the year.
4. Another excuse that she beat the same horses again.

joanied
03-28-2010, 03:36 PM

:ThmbUp:

Relwob Owner
03-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Definitely agree 2 and 3....I wouldnt say the DWC has "zero importance" but maybe less than in the past....I dont think number 4 would apply, as I think there were only three similar rivals yesterday and beating all of those others wouldnt hurt, especially since it would have been a race against the boys....

I do think that looking back on it, she would have won

Rackon
03-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Definitely agree 2 and 3....I wouldnt say the DWC has "zero importance" but maybe less than in the past....I dont think number 4 would apply, as I think there were only three similar rivals yesterday and beating all of those others wouldnt hurt, especially since it would have been a race against the boys....

I do think that looking back on it, she would have won

Agree with most of your points.

Front and center for the Mosses I think is to get some wins on dirt and go for HOTY. That means racing in US. I think the connections probably saw the Dubai trip as a scenario with too many potential downsides.

They are after somerthing else.

tzipi
03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree that it would've took a little out of her going over there. I rather see her run a full year here in her last year.
But those were NOT the same horses as she's been running against and it is a race of impotance I think.

Actually I was just watching Cigars run there in 1996 last night when Mott and Paulson sent him over after the Donn Handicap. What a great race coming back on Soul of the Matter in deep stretch. :)