PDA

View Full Version : YOU WILL KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

ArlJim78
03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
It seems that our congressional overlords are none too happy that some companies are already reporting big hits to their profits based on dear leaders Obamacare bill. The overlords are outraged that these companies are not able to see all the wonderful benefits of the legislation, and are demanding that top company executives show up before Lord Waxman, and bring along all company documents, emails, accounting rules, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar that these hearings will be televised, as congress goes on a fishing expedition.

Hey I just had a thought, maybe before signing the bill they could have called in these same guys to hear their testimony, like say in advance, like to hear firsthand what the legislation might do to these businesses. I know, crazy idea but it just might have worked.

Powerline has copies of the letters.
page 1 (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/assets_c/2010/03/ATTpageone.php)

page 2 (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/assets_c/2010/03/ATTPagetwo.php)

I can't wait to hear Lord Waxman display his extensive business acumen and show these pathethic industry rubes how to do their jobs.

ElKabong
03-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Put a tail on Waxman, and he looks like a Rat.

I look forward to this, b/c it's plain to see how gawdaful this bill is. Go there, bend the dem congressworms over and make them look like the gubmint employees they are.

You're right, someone should have called in top execs of corporations before pulling the trigger on this piece of shit legislation. This nation runs on free enterprise. Not government.

mostpost
03-27-2010, 08:01 PM
The reason Congress did not ask these Execs to testify is that they wouldhave cried wolf just like they are doing now. As pointed out in the letter ArlJim78 linked to, independent analyses tell a different story.
The Business Roundtable says health care reform could reduce predicted healthcare cost trends by $3000 over the next ten years. Idon't think the Business Roundtable is a government group.

mostpost
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
From wikipedia:
The Business Roundtable is a politically conservative[1][2][3][4] group of chief executive officers of major U.S. corporations formed to promote pro-business public policy.

Tom
03-27-2010, 08:11 PM
For God's sake, mostie, are you totally blind?
NOT have them in before the bill to get actual facts?
Oh, wait you are a union boy...never mind.
YOUR agenda has been know for years.
YOU YOU YOU and screw everyone else.

BenDiesel26
03-27-2010, 08:11 PM
The reason Congress did not ask these Execs to testify is that they wouldhave cried wolf just like they are doing now. As pointed out in the letter ArlJim78 linked to, independent analyses tell a different story.
The Business Roundtable says health care reform could reduce predicted healthcare cost trends by $3000 over the next ten years. Idon't think the Business Roundtable is a government group.

The funniest part of all of this is Obama talking about reigning in deficits, when all the while he has proposed a budget that according to the CBO (independent analysis as you say) will add more than $10 trillion (that's $10,000,000,000,000) to the national debt over the next 10 years. Good call Obama.

Tom
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm waiting for one to tell Waxman to go F himself and walk out.
This little Hitler wannbe is human garbage. Smells as bad as Obama.
We have freedom of speech here, and this little nazi has no business pulling this nonsense.

ArlJim78
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
The reason Congress did not ask these Execs to testify is that they wouldhave cried wolf just like they are doing now.
they are not crying wolf, they are simply making SEC filings which are required by law. they have a fiduciary responsibility to their stockholders, whereas congress and the president can lie their asses off and get one thing after another wrong and then simply shrug their shoulders, blame someone else, or just print more money.

Snag
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM

So companies should just shut the F up and accept an independent analyses to run their business? As shown in the letter, the analyis you are so proud of is from 2009. How could they have known the specifics of Obama Care?

ArlJim78
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
John Deere was founded in 1837. Caterpillar is also around 100 years old.
They're both institutions of American industry. They are success stories just like the US is a success story.

But now we're supposed to view them as a bunch of lying scumbags trying to screw everyone. We're supposed to put our trust in know nothings like Obama and Waxman and Pelosi who never accomplished anything other than to talk people out of their money.

Tom
03-27-2010, 09:52 PM
You have to understand where mostie comes from - he is a union BOY and all he cares about is himself. He and his kind have made the post office not only a joke but huge drain of taxpayer money. Unions boys drive companies out of business everyday...mostie does his part to spread lies for Obama because Obama takes of his little union boys. Coming from the failure that is the PO, mostie would not a good business from his ass. Mostie lives in a world of failure and thinks it is a garden because he gets his paycheck and bennies and everyone else can go to hell.

Warren Henry
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
These execs should respond by telling WaxJob that they have better things to do than subject themselves to bullying by his committee. Things like trying to figure out how to maintain profitibility so that their employees and shareholders will benefit from their efforts.

Is the government offering to pay for the effort required to produce the documentation they are requesting. Bunchapoop.

JustRalph
03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
On that Morning, on the steps of the Capitol I would announce layoffs right before entering the hearings. Then tell them to screw off and leave.

NJ Stinks
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Do you guys whine before the race begins too? The meeting is April 21st.

I applaud the House for checking this out. It's good for Americans everywhere to get to the bottom of this. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
We have freedom of speech here, and this little nazi has no business pulling this nonsense.

Not for long.

ArlJim78
03-27-2010, 11:50 PM
it seems that Reid and Pelosi were warned about this (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=528616).
__________________________________________________ ______

In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., last Dec. 11, Deere and other signatories said the health care reform then under consideration "would negatively impact both retirees and companies."

Nobody was listening.

"For months, the American Benefits Council, along with several employers and labor unions, warned that the retiree drug subsidy tax in the health care legislation would impose an enormous hit on company financial statements as soon as the bill was signed into law," said James Klein, president of the American Benefits Council, in a statement on Friday.

Besides Deere, the letter was signed by Boeing, Con-Way Freight, Exelon, Navistar, Verizon, Caterpillar, MetLife, Public Service Enterprise Group and Xerox.

Warren Henry
03-27-2010, 11:55 PM
You can bet your bottom dollar that these hearings will be televised, as congress goes on a fishing expedition.

Of course it will be televised. We MUST have transparency, donchaknow.

mostpost
03-28-2010, 01:09 AM
You have to understand where mostie comes from - he is a union BOY and all he cares about is himself. He and his kind have made the post office not only a joke but huge drain of taxpayer money. Unions boys drive companies out of business everyday...mostie does his part to spread lies for Obama because Obama takes of his little union boys. Coming from the failure that is the PO, mostie would not a good business from his ass. Mostie lives in a world of failure and thinks it is a garden because he gets his paycheck and bennies and everyone else can go to hell.
Are you angry with me? :eek:

mostpost
03-28-2010, 01:11 AM
These execs should respond by telling WaxJob that they have better things to do than subject themselves to bullying by his committee. Things like trying to figure out how to maintain profitibility so that their employees and shareholders will benefit from their efforts.

Is the government offering to pay for the effort required to produce the documentation they are requesting. Bunchapoop.
They 've been invited, not subpoened. If Congress subpoenas them they will
show up and Congress will be pissed.

mostpost
03-28-2010, 01:12 AM
On that Morning, on the steps of the Capitol I would announce layoffs right before entering the hearings. Then tell them to screw off and leave.
See 19 above.

johnhannibalsmith
03-28-2010, 01:15 AM
They 've been invited, not subpoened. If Congress subpoenas them they will
show up and Congress will be pissed.

And who doesn't want to accept an invitation to hear about dead babies and hand-me-down dentures as a response to their dilemma? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-28-2010, 03:28 AM
great cartoon

ElKabong
03-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Are you angry with me? :eek:

You personally? No.

Your association with unions that drag this country down the toilet? Yes.

You made the comment "i don't work for the union, it works for me'....While unions are certainly needed in professions such as local PD's and Fire Depts (where the workplace is literally life threatening), no one that slots mail for a living needs a union. It's a menial job that requires no skill, no training beyond the fundamental knowledge of ABC's (mail slotting) or being able to read an address (delivering mail).

What pisses us off the most however, is you (and other unions) pay union dues that go towards lobbyists that have created a class warfare. When your union punks say 'i have 76million dollars invested in the 0bama', it doesn't set well. $70,000,000.00 of union dues? Why is that!

And come to find out the union pukes are trying to get "special" considerations for the union members that aren't applicable to the rest of America's citizens. It's the DIVISION this creates that pisses us off. It reeks of "I can't outwork you. I can't out think you. I can't out produce you. So, my union will pay hundreds of millions of dollars to lobbyists to make up for my lack of productivity and screw the rest of America in the process".

Greyfox
03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
JustRalph - That cartoon captures the essence. :ThmbUp: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
haha, Waxman wisely canceled his inquisition (http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/04/14/canceled-hearing-that-would-have-grilled-ceos-on-health-care/). I'm not surprised because I think he figured out that he was going to get schooled by the CEO's.

The cancellation came after they realized what everyone already knew - that the companies were required to do what they did because of accounting rules. Waxman and others had reacted with outrage and accused the companies of doing it - in essence, to make health care reform look bad.

UPDATE: House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, responded to the cancelation saying, "House Democrats canceled this hearing because they don’t want to give America's employers a forum to tell the public how President Obama’s new health care law is already hurting our economy and hampering job creation."

"Chairman Waxman thought he could intimidate businesses into keeping quiet about this new job-killing health care law, but when they called his bluff by continuing to speak out, he chose to pull the plug," Boehner said in a statement.

Robert Goren
04-14-2010, 05:25 PM
John Deere was founded in 1837. Caterpillar is also around 100 years old.
They're both institutions of American industry. They are success stories just like the US is a success story.

But now we're supposed to view them as a bunch of lying scumbags trying to screw everyone. We're supposed to put our trust in know nothings like Obama and Waxman and Pelosi who never accomplished anything other than to talk people out of their money.You haven't bought John Deere lawn mower have you? That once fine American company has been taken over by lying scumbags.

hazzardm
04-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Poor ATT, cry me a river. 1 billion amounts to 0.06% of their balance sheet. I think they can get by.

newtothegame
04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Poor ATT, cry me a river. 1 billion amounts to 0.06% of their balance sheet. I think they can get by.
Yep....your right Hazzard...what possibly could we be thinking.. I wonder how man one billion would employ? Or, how much health insurance coverage will be lost.
You libs just don't get it! You think ANY privatized company will just absorb that loss??? Good guess.....
By the way, hows that hope and change working for ya? Did ya see the latest numbers in which peoples REAL income has declined by just over 3% since Obama has taken office???
Less money...more taxes....companies soon to be laying off due to profit decreases....
yep, now theres hope and change ya can believe in!!!!!!

hazzardm
04-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Yep....your right Hazzard...what possibly could we be thinking.. I wonder how man one billion would employ? Or, how much health insurance coverage will be lost.
You libs just don't get it! You think ANY privatized company will just absorb that loss??? Good guess.....
By the way, hows that hope and change working for ya? Did ya see the latest numbers in which peoples REAL income has declined by just over 3% since Obama has taken office???
Less money...more taxes....companies soon to be laying off due to profit decreases....
yep, now theres hope and change ya can believe in!!!!!!

It is the share holders who may lose 20 cents per share. Do you believe that is a crisis?

And it appears they may be on the hook for reaming their own employees for roughly another billion.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/t-faces-1-billion-overtime-payment-lawsuit/2009-12-17

Again, cry me a river ATT.

newtothegame
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
It is the share holders who may lose 20 cents per share. Do you believe that is a crisis?

And it appears they may be on the hook for reaming their own employees for roughly another billion.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/t-faces-1-billion-overtime-payment-lawsuit/2009-12-17

Again, cry me a river ATT.

If you were a share holder...ask yourself that question. Companies raise capital through shareholders. Thats one way...of course lending institutions is another but, stay with me here. Less share holders means less capital. Means less R&D. Means less expansion....means less employment oppportunities....means less people with jobs...means less money back into the economy...should I go on????
Amazing...bit I am starting to convert. I am seeing your guys side totally! I am almost on board! I am hoping it is all implemented. Higher taxes..less jobs...more government entitlements...
Let this whole system CRASH. Cause like it or not...it WILL happen.
The CBO is now projecting by 2020 that we will be at 122% of GDP.
More change we can believe in!
Lets totally crash the system that we know as capitalism.....
Thats the only thing that will wake some of you up!!!!!!

fast4522
04-14-2010, 06:53 PM
The fact is if the Democrats get slaughtered in the November election the next move will be to zero fund the legislation thus pulling every single tooth out of to be battled in front of everyone on CNN just like Nobama promised. It will be one emergency budget vote after another requiring 60 votes in the United States Senate. With the budget inside a virtual knot and 90% less money being spent that never gets printed, there is a chance of a balanced budget.

ElKabong
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM

All this sabre rattling for nothing. Heard on the way home that Waxman called the dog n pony show off, or someone else called it off for him. Don't have a link, but I'm sure it's out there if cBS radio reported it.

Waxman....what a f'n joke.

Btw Haz...Nice new stadium you guys have. Hope to get up there and see the Twins in 2011.

fast4522
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM
All this sabre rattling for nothing. Heard on the way home that Waxman called the dog n pony show off, or someone else called it off for him. Don't have a link, but I'm sure it's out there if cBS radio reported it.

Waxman....what a f'n joke.

WAxman is no match for these Corporations, the flood of money to destroy these weasels, will make more consider throwing in the towel.

bigmack
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Hank the Waxman gets around -

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Henry_Waxman_Phantom.jpg

http://chicksontheright.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/weird.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
04-14-2010, 10:15 PM

Oh jeeeez... I'm going to have to get back in the shower... I think I just pissed myself... :lol: :lol:

hazzardm
04-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Giant paydays are back at UnitedHealth Group.

Chief executive Stephen Hemsley pulled in $102 million in 2009, with $98.6 million coming from exercised stock options, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday.

snip...

http://www.startribune.com/business/90890274.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsr

and of course, less than 4 years ago ....

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Faced with an independent report that found widespread problems with the way UnitedHealth Group (UNH) issued stock options, the nation's second-largest health insurer said its chairman and CEO will leave the company.

But while UnitedHealth's board shake-up moved a lot of people into new positions, none of them are new faces. Hemsley has been McGuire's heir apparent for several years.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/health/2006-10-15-unitedhealth-ceo_x.htm

I wish Mr Helmsey could explain to this forum how out of control government will make health care

hazzardm
04-14-2010, 10:18 PM

:lol: