PDA

View Full Version : Polly view

Suff
07-12-2003, 10:30 AM
For those of us (including me) that backed GWBjr in this war.

Things are looking awfully grim this morning.

God knows.. I hope they turn around for the best, quickly.

But If they don't we'll be needing this.

http://www.frenchlesson.org/index.htm

Tom
07-12-2003, 11:36 AM
It may have been a bad 3 months, but it still only 3 months.
If you backed GWB LESS tha a year ago, then back him to the end. Anything less than that is not backing - it is lip service.
We are setting up an Iraqi-based semi-ruling body this week to transition into Iraqi-rule. Trouble with Iraq is that they don't seem able to lace up their boot straps (sandle straps?) and get thier butts working to fix their won country.
MAybe is congree would get behind and start offering constructive ideas instead of turning this into a campaign issue we would get out sooner.
Maybe we aren't handling things the optimum way right now, but that is no excuse to stop supporting. Holy Cow, if the prevailing liberal attitude was this strong back in WWII, we would eating knockwurst and singing Yabol! Yabol! right now.
It is not easy doing a war and trying not destroy everything and kill everyone (my prefered plan!) We are going to lose lives doing it this way. Maybe if we just sent missles into every city and killed all the army we would be better off. (Remember what Berlin looked like in 1945?)
So what is the solution?
Given that we are there, how do we make the situation better?
Something NOW, TODAY, not AFTER the next election?
So far, all I have heard from our resident experts (L&A) is whinning.
I woud be willing to listen to intelligee ideas (Suff and andicap come to mind).
Frankly, rebuilding Iraq, to me, is a distractio from the war on terror. I would be willing to turn over that chore to Europe.
I think we need to be bringing most troops home from eveywhere-no peacekeeping missions anywhere. Our primary mission in Iraq should be to:
1. Find out what happened to the WMD
2. Find Hussein and kill him
3. Supervise the Europeans-they can't be trusted

Lefty
07-12-2003, 12:32 PM
I agree with Tom. Don't bail now cause the Dems and other nefarious characters putting left-wing spin on everything.
Bright note this morn: Iraqui police will take control of Baghdad.
They have been trained by americans and now deemed ready. 3 mos is only a lontime for some Dems memories. They forget they backed Clinton and UN in agreeing Sadaam had to go. But Clinton so busy scouting "poon" he forgot to get the job done.

Suff
07-12-2003, 12:46 PM
I'm supportive... for the orginal reasons I stated 6 months ago.

And I've been openminded from the beggining. But Now I really want them to find WMD's.

Because I hope it does'nt come out that President Bush KNEW the intelligence was flawed and went with it anyway because it achieved other "Good" Goals.

No one disagrees the guy was a real maniac..and his kids were potential Hitlers. Real fruit Loops, both of them.

But I'm not going to forget that 100% of the reason I was supportive of the war.

I believed him when he said Iraq was an "immediatte" threat.

all I see is a bunch of folks with rifles and rocket launchers killing GI's.

and Africa??????? I'm sure you've seen the footage. People STARVING to Death,,,,and they're walking around with m-16's and Machine guns that go for $3000 and up on the black Market.

$3000.00 dollars would feed the whole village. They have a million dollars worth m-16's and the whole Village has a Dead goat going 75 ways.

Who is selling them all them GUNS? and the Bullets? They are firing Bullets like crazy.....Bullets cost money. They're firing wildly in the air while people are at thier feet dying of Hunger???

They've hacked up half the Population with Machete's??

WTF is up with that? What an INSANE world.!!!

Its a Blood bath over there......baffling insane human conduct. we're an odd bunch.

Lefty
07-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Yeah, those people at war with ea. other a long time and will be a long time and we really can't make it right. Clinton could give "lip service" make pretty speeches and be lauded by leftists like ljb and amazin and the big media. Bush has an honest concern, gives em our hard earned money, wants to make a difference that is an impossible task and he's lambasted and lampooned. But, if he ignored the situation then he's branded a racist by all these same liberals. I don't envy him and wouldn't want his job. No matter what he does, it's too much for rightwingers and counts for nothing by leftwingers.
Those WMD's probably in Iran by now but don't discount all the evidence discovered so far.
Terrorists are on the run, these are the same ones who got real comfy in thei niche during the Clinton yrs. Let's not forget GWB's noteworthy accomplishments in so short of time. Clinton talked, Bush acts.

ljb
07-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Lefty's words
"Let's not forget GWB's noteworthy accomplishments in so short of time. "
Yes let us not forget:
Let's see
The stockmarket is in the tank
Unemployment is up
Interest rates are dismal
There are millions of muslims who wish us ill will
There are millions of other citizens of the world who wish us ill will.
And of course oil prices are up so the oil barons can clip their coupons and not worry about them nasty old taxes.
Something we can all be proud of.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Actually, the Nasdaq is up close to 30% on the year. Nice return if you were smart enough. Thank you GWB!!

ljb
07-12-2003, 08:19 PM
So that leaves us only down about 40% since Bush took office.

Tom
07-12-2003, 10:20 PM
OK, so tell me...just why is it Bush's fault?
I can think a whole bunch of things that contribute more directly to the bad economy than anything Bush has done or could do:

1. CEO salaries (read-greed)
2. Downsizing
3. Sending business overseas or down south
4. Insider trading and falsifying financial statments
5. Unions driving up salaries for people that are not worth it
6. Congressional fiscal irresponsibiltiy-over spending (Pork)

Just WHAT can Bush do to make it better?
I'll go first, then please, add to the list....

1. High tarriffs - we don't need crap from other countries coming in here and out-selling our produsct
2. Make corporations, specifically GM, Xerox, Ford, Kodak - sell it where they make it. Xerox found cheap labor in Ireland? Great! Just sell ALL the copiers your make there over there. GM....want ot build Impalas and Monte Carlos in Canada? Great! Just sell them ALL there.
3. Mandatory hard-time in REAL prisons for all case of white-collar frad, like Enron, etc. And, make them pay back every cent the cost their employees and investors.
4. Let large corporations fail...it would be GOOD if Chrysler folded
(Who needs another Nazi Car company anyway?)
5. Mandatory 25% reduction in governement spending every year.
6. NO salary and very limited expense for all members of governtment-let the senate bring lunch in brown bags-no dinning room.
7. No entertaining at the white house-no state dinners, at most, cook hot dogs on the grill on the south lawn...and W, YOU do the cooking.
8. No free trvel for the press-let them pay their way on Air Force One.
9. No foreign aid.
10. 25% reduction in welfare every year. And start making recipients pay it back--with interest.
11. No campaigning by incumbent.we electerd you to a job...do it and when you want to go to LA to attend a fund raiser, pay for the trip out of YOUR OWN DAMN POCKKETS!
12. Realize that Congress is a money pit and start hold them accountable for every cent the vote to spend...try having fireside chats on TV every week and tell the American people what you did this week to cut spending and what congress did to increase it..name namens, call people who are crooks crooks and shed the light of truth on these weasels on the hill.
13. No new entitlement programs - period.

14. For all new spending bills...one item per bill. And mandatory details on how to finance it, with very specific dates and deliverables assigned, and a reaction plan when they are not met.
You know like we do thing in the real world.
15. Fill that huge hole in DC where they are building a visitors center with government issued cars, planes, credit cards, etc. then bury it with dirt. New rule in DC...you want to go there, WALK!
16. W - stay in the white house. Never leave. Your work is there.
If you want to go to NYC, You pay for the secret service. Same with you family. If you want to see Africa, watch MSNBC - the National Geograpic program.

OK....what else??

Lefty
07-13-2003, 03:44 AM
ljb, I particularly loke the one about millions of muslims wish us ill will. I get it now, only because Bush was Pres did 9-11 happen, right?
And the economy which was tanking in Clinton's last quarter because of his taxing everything under the sun and because stocks were so overpriced in relation to their value a child could have predicted a reversal and of course "this great" economy should just become robust as hell after 9-11.
Who do you think you're kidding?
And interest rates? They're pretty low and that augers well for homebuyers and car buyers. When Carter was Pres. I bght a mobile home and pd 19% interest. Gads!

Tom
07-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I have a wish or two for a few million Muslems myself.........