PDA

View Full Version : HRTV

Tom
03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Is it me or this Zoe talking head just unacceptable?
She has a voice made for newspapers.
Between her and Matty at TVG, looks like I am getting rid of my satellite tv.

Tom
03-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh GAWD she's on the USA broadcast, too.
:mad:

JustRalph
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I just moved and gave up the Dishnet because TVG / HRTV were no longer important enough....... I will watch em on the net.......with the better quality video.......I don't have to be distracted by the crap anymore.

Tom
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Both channels have seriously dropped in quality and usefulness in the past year. Last weekend, almost every race on TVG was delayed.
HRTV has become a joke most of the time.

That and My XM radio are going out the window come the 31st.
The jokers at Sirrius/XM have no clue how to run radio - it is top secret what is on what channel and when and there isn o way to find out unless you hit it by accident. Their handling of racing is an insult. I'll get Byk off the website - XM just sucks..

Marshall Bennett
03-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah , Zoe's pretty bad . Sounds like she has snuff in her mouth .

framarco
03-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Who is "ZOE"? I have DirecTV and have never seen HRTV. Of course, if HRTV was a legitimate TV channel, it would have been on DirecTV long ago. Anyway, if Stronach remains involved in racing, and it appears that he will, the entire sport is in deep-doo-doo. When will Stronach realize that he is a moron?

By the way, Frankie, where you once had 30,000 at Gulf for the FL Derby, you now have 15,000. Unfortunately, your facility is wholely inadequate to comfortably accommodate the few fans that you now have. But I'm sure that you're happy that the useless shopping mall that you put up to destroy live racing at Gulf, is having some people actually shop there. You are leaving quite a legacy in South Florida, on one hand, you ruined Florida's greatest racing day, effectively barred the Breeders Cup from utilizing Gulf, and you are selling plenty of pots and pans at Crate and Barrel. Hey, Frankie, maybe you can have a promotion where Rachel Ray signs paper plates at the track. After all, track bums don't need Villeroy and Bach to eat their meals on.

BluegrassProf
03-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Zoe Cadman. Her voice sounds like putting the back of an electric toothbrush against your teeth.

*headdesk*

horses4courses
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Both racing channels are not what they should be.
How much longer can they both survive?

I find that I watch them with the volume off........

JustRalph
03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.facebook.com/people/Zoe-Cadman/574061723

Stillriledup
03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Racetrack television channels don't realize that they need to hire professional horseplayers and not ex jockeys. Horseplayers know more about the horses than jockeys do, i would much rather hear what THEY have to say than what an ex rider has to say.

BluegrassProf
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.facebook.com/people/Zoe-Cadman/574061723Classy Classy, Zoe C.!

Looks a bit like Garrett Gomez in drag, sans the career.

Horrifying... :faint:

SRU: Fundamentally agreed.

I nominate you as the new representative/analyst. It'd be a relief to have some horseplaying intellect injected into trackside commentary, and I totally betcha'd look better in those shades... ;)

PhantomOnTour
04-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone just hear Zoe Cadman on the Westrock Coffee yadda yadda show on HRTV? She announced a European boycott of American racing (a la the Shuback April Fool's article at DRF.com)...but she did it with a straight face...wtf??? I kept waiting for her to drop the April fool's punchline but it never came...

OOPS!

toussaud
04-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone just hear Zoe Cadman on the Westrock Coffee yadda yadda show on HRTV? She announced a European boycott of American racing (a la the Shuback April Fool's article at DRF.com)...but she did it with a straight face...wtf??? I kept waiting for her to drop the April fool's punchline but it never came...

OOPS!
yeah that was odd

for the record i like zoe. she is a perfect paddock interview person. she isn't afraid to ask real questions

PhantomOnTour
04-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I like her as well. She is enthusiastic and normally entertaining, but this was a big fat....

D'oh!

DJofSD
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe they can get Jessica.

SmartyParty
04-03-2011, 12:32 PM
I like Zoe a lot! She has a great sense of humor, works hard, and is fun!

redshift1
04-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Great coverage from HRTV today, full team at Gulfstream and Santa Anita.

joanied
04-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Paulick had a poll on his site as to which channel you like better...HRTV or TVg, and HRTV lead by a long ways...if they take TVG off air, won't bother me a bit...I think HRTV is way better...some of the announcers I can do without...but you can't have everything:faint:
Zoe is OK, she does ask good questions during paddock interviews...I won't complain about her voice...imagine Julie Krone as a talking head :D

toussaud
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Paulick had a poll on his site as to which channel you like better...HRTV or TVg, and HRTV lead by a long ways...if they take TVG off air, won't bother me a bit...I think HRTV is way better...some of the announcers I can do without...but you can't have everything:faint:
Zoe is OK, she does ask good questions during paddock interviews...I won't complain about her voice...imagine Julie Krone as a talking head :D

if they added hollywood park and del mar to hrtv, tvg would go out of business tomrorow

Tom
04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Just tuned in to HRTV tonight - they have gone out of business.
Showing Irish jumping on a Saturday night - not a single t-bred race, nor a harness race.

I think my satellite dish is coming done - between HRTV and TVG, it is a waste of money.

This game is so hard to like most days.........

Southieboy
04-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Just tuned in to HRTV tonight - they have gone out of business.
Showing Irish jumping on a Saturday night - not a single t-bred race, nor a harness race.

I think my satellite dish is coming done - between HRTV and TVG, it is a waste of money.

This game is so hard to like most days.........
The only things HRTV could really show would be C-Town and Penn. Now if one wants to see garbage, just watch what TVG puts out for tracks on Tuesdays.

forced89
04-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I just moved and gave up the Dishnet because TVG / HRTV were no longer important enough....... I will watch em on the net.......with the better quality video.......I don't have to be distracted by the crap anymore.

Agree, and I suspect the quality on the net will continue to get better!

affirmedny
04-24-2011, 12:13 AM
The only things HRTV could really show would be C-Town and Penn. Now if one wants to see garbage, just watch what TVG puts out for tracks on Tuesdays.

and the dressage shows on HRTV are better than live racing?

toussaud
04-24-2011, 01:08 AM
i'll be honest... the non racing shows have kinda grown on me. Mondays i will never complain about watching old breeders cup races. That never gets old. But I would be lying if I said.. i didn't wait a little bit longer before cutting off HRTV when they come on lol. some of the shows aren't half bad

NJ Stinks
04-24-2011, 01:46 AM

Your list of things acceptable wouldn't exactly be War and Peace, would it? :p

I wouldn't think of dropping DISH. It helps make racing fun.

dinque
04-24-2011, 04:52 AM
zoe is my friend ....she is one of the nicest and most entertaining person i have ever met.....the reason she can ask tough questions is because she is so well liked.....she is not a handicapper, nor does she try to be.....her one fault is trying to pick the best looking horse in the paddock, i told her i hate when anyone does this but she is stubborn as a mule

as for listening for info from the cappers at hrtv and tvg, as a former bookmaker, i say bring them on....surprised of the hate for zoe, to me she is a breathe of fresh air and i am proud to call her me friend

toetoe
04-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Two words ---

Michelle Yu ! :jump: :liar: :jump:

Tom
04-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Welp, one of them was right!;)

Tom
04-24-2011, 07:11 AM
When you can't watch a live race on a Saturday night, it is time to pull the plug.

I have both on mute 90%of the time as it is.
The poor quality of both channels really makes horse acing a pain in the arse.

NJ Stinks
04-25-2011, 12:36 AM
surprised of the hate for zoe, to me she is a breathe of fresh air and i am proud to call her me friend

Zoe is doing a great job, Dinque. And she certainly is a breathe of fresh air on HRTV.

FYI most of the cast and crew of Grumpier Old Men post here. ;)

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2011, 01:00 AM
FYI most of the cast and crew of Grumpier Old Men post here. ;)Inaccurate and completely unnecessary.

dinque
04-25-2011, 02:19 AM
seems more like smart grumpy middle age men...i should fit right in except for the smart part....just defending my friend

toetoe
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Cuzco resident upon Dinque's departure:

Inca: "Dinque, adieu."

NJ Stinks
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Inaccurate and completely unnecessary.

While it's true that it wasn't hilarious, I was just kidding.

Valuist
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
She has a voice made for newspapers.
Between her and Matty at TVG, looks like I am getting rid of my satellite tv.

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard......and that probably isn't fair to nails.

duncan04
04-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard......and that probably isn't fair to nails.

thats good!! :lol: :lol:

Valuist
05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
HRTV needs some new ads. Do they have to keep showing that cell phone ad with the "McCann Twins"? I don't even think there are two of them. Probably the same guy playing both parts. It must be on every 15 minutes or so.

toussaud
05-15-2011, 02:57 PM
i was going to keep this to myself but I think it's manafiest destiny since this thread popped back up.

some background here, right now I live in little rock, I am moving to lexington right after the belmont, actually the week before the belmont. I say this to explain why I just don't go ahead and buy the year round HRTV online package, I keep renewing the 9.99 version beucase I only really need it for another month

Okay, the renew date as like the Thursday before the derby. Okay paid it. everything is fine until friday. I login, tells me I need to renew again. This happens every month seemingly. I email hrtv online, tell them to stop playing around and give me my service.

What really pisses me off, is they try to make it sound like it's my fault for the crap happening. I don't care if you tried to get the amount previously off my card, once I actually pay it, it's paid. Apprantly they tried to take the money off my pre paid debit card like 4 hours earlier that morning,and now once i actually paid it the accoun t keeps cancling my account trying to collect the money that I already paid. makes perfect sense.

anyway tey give me my service back yesterday (missed all of friday), only to find out it's gone again this morning.

I'm very sick of this shit. I am an an avid supporter of HRTV but this is beyond ridiculous.

Marshall Bennett
05-15-2011, 02:57 PM
That boot camp ad drives me nuts. They jack the volumn and it about knocks you out of your chair.

Tom
05-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Frankly, we should sue them for false advertising - they are NOT a horse racing channel. HRTV is an embarrassment to the industry.

toussaud
05-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Frankly, we should sue them for false advertising - they are NOT a horse racing channel. HRTV is an embarrassment to the industry. wouldn't go that far tom

Tom
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I let their product speak...it sucks.
The least they could do is sow racing related shows, but they can't even do that. Never mind thy show NO races at all on a Saturday night.

They are not as racing related as the stupid hats show NBC insists on showing at every Derby.

And that coffee sucks, too! :rolleyes:

mannyberrios
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
How can you talk bad about coffee?

toussaud
05-15-2011, 08:00 PM
rotfl then they restore my service,. literary as they are loading up for the last at golden gate ,just in time to catch the inside info rerun

The Hawk
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't know how someone could say it sucks. Five days a week you get nearly every live race from Arlington, Calder, Churchill, Pimlico, Belmont, and others. I don't care what they wrap around it, or what they do at night and on Mondays and Tuesdays, that schedule in and of itself is enough for me.

toussaud
05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't know how someone could say it sucks. Five days a week you get nearly every live race from Arlington, Calder, Churchill, Pimlico, Belmont, and others. I don't care what they wrap around it, or what they do at night and on Mondays and Tuesdays, that schedule in and of itself is enough for me.
this
[
in fact i think they show way too much racing but I know I am alone in that. i would rather they key on bigger races then try to show every race at every track.

Tom
05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Those fiends - offering all those races for us see.
Have they no shame?

But at least the screw the people who work and cannot bet all day and would like to do so in the evening.

Dahoss9698
05-15-2011, 09:39 PM
FYI most of the cast and crew of Grumpier Old Men post here. ;)

In retrospect, this was the most spot on comment of the entire thread.

Getting pretty tough to get through the constant complaining about everything around here lately. Hard to tell if some people here actually like racing....or just like complaining about it.

toussaud
05-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Those fiends - offering all those races for us see.
Have they no shame?

But at least the screw the people who work and cannot bet all day and would like to do so in the evening.
you need to blame racing for not showing more higher profile at night, not HRTV who has to show the races lol

Tom
05-15-2011, 09:56 PM
The thread is finally competed - Dahoss put in his two cents: (1) day late, (2) dollar short.

NTamm1215
05-15-2011, 10:23 PM
The thread is finally competed - Dahoss put in his two cents: (1) day late, (2) dollar short.

It's impossible to be late in pointing out what a whiner you are.

The Hawk
05-15-2011, 10:41 PM
this
[
in fact i think they show way too much racing but I know I am alone in that. i would rather they key on bigger races then try to show every race at every track.

What are the bigger races on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday? And what should they do for these "Big races" on Saturday, talk about how they like at the expense of another race or three?

Dahoss9698
05-15-2011, 10:46 PM

I get it. If my life revolved around a message board I'd be pretty miserable too.

toussaud
05-15-2011, 11:59 PM
What are the bigger races on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday? And what should they do for these "Big races" on Saturday, talk about how they like at the expense of another race or three?
not just talking about graded stake races. it's more complex than that

I have a little time, something like this

Belmont Race 1 Noon CST ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING ( $25,000 ) | Purse: $43,000

Pimlico Race 1 12:10 CST STARTER ALLOWANCE | Purse: $17,000 on the turf

Calder Race 2 12:22 CST MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $39,000

Belmont Race 2 n 12:32 CST ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING ( $50,000 ) | Purse: $54,000

Churchill Race 3 12:47 CST ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING ( $100,000 ) | Purse: $59,800

Belmont Race 3 1:04 CST MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $50,000

Churchill Race 5 1: 55 CST CLAIMING ( $50,000 ) | Purse: $41,000 on the turf

Arlington Race 3 2:02 CST ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING ( $40,000 )

Calder Race 6 2:12 CST MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $28,000

Lone STar Park Race 3 2:31 CST ALLOWANCE | Purse: $24,000 on the turf

Belmont Race 6 2:40 CLAIMING ( $25,000 ) | Purse: $27,000 on the turf

Arlington Race 5 3:04 CST STARTER ALLOWANCE | Purse: $18,000

Belmont Race 7 3:12 MAIDEN CLAIMING ( $25,000 ) | Purse: $22,000 on the turf

Churchill Race 8 3:29 CST CLAIMING ( $30,000 - $25,000 ) | Purse: $23,000

Arlington Race 7 4: 06 CST MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $28,000

Belmont Race 9 4:17 CST STAKES | Purse: $60,000

Arlington Race 8 4: 37 CST ALLOWANCE | Purse: $30,500

Belmont Race 10 4:49 CST ALLOWANCE | Purse: $43,000

I can go on but you get the point

there are a few reasons behind this. First and foremost,k you would actually be watching, alot more racing. Alot more. I have learned, through my own experience, that you don't actually watch races that you have no vested interest in going in, or have no interest in. In other words, when a 6,250 claimer at pimlco is on followed by a 10k claimer at Churchill followed by a 20k claimer on dirt at Arlington with 5 horses in it, more than likely If I have hrtv on, i'm chillin on line somewhere or cooking something to eat. I'm not actually watching hte races, and if I do, with no money on the races, more times I want to fall asleep. Not necessarily because the races aren't interesting.. well yes that's it but not b ucase of the way it may seem.

It's not interesting because there is nothing making me want to play the races. If you spread out the races, give the commentators 6-15 minutes to really really dive into the races, to show a post parade, a thorough one for each race they show, and really, really handicap each race they DO show on line, i promise you, their handle would go up. Right now, the format they have, is a crap load of clutter.

Secondly, the races that I omitted, more than likely if you were going to wager on the dirt claimer at pimlico, you are going to wager on it regardless if it's on hrtv or not.

Thirdly, watching, really breaking down races like the stakes race at Belmont or the 2YO maiden special weight and a horse runs off, is how you create fans and interest.

Also (fourthly doesn't sound that proper lol), keep in mind if this were to really happen, alot of change would go on. It would, hopefully put an end to all the big races at all the tracks in the country happening on a Saturday. A track like Arlington would get smart and start putting their non graded stakes on a Friday. A track like lone star will do the same.

The thought that has to be forgotten is this premise that every race has to be shown live., it doesn't. HRTV covers Louisiana downs. didn't show race queue from Louisiana downs today.They also cover Delaware Park. I'm sure they didn't cover a race from Del Park yesterday. They quit showing pimlico after race 6 most days unless they are slow. They only show finger lakes on Fridays or when every other track in the country has canceled.'

It's not just prestigious races that people like to look at. People have proven they really take a liking to turf races, especially short ones. You will see some starter allowance/ turf fields in there. Make a rule where every track ahs to be shown at least one race a day, make the tracks actually come together with a half ass schedule to ensure more of their races are shown "live", and best of all, CARD BETTER FREAKING RACES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Let us not forget. The purpose, of HRTV and TVG, is not per say to show us racing. I was able to watch racing well before I stumbled upon HRTV. The idea is to get us to PLAY the races. There is nothing about watching them show race replays of 5 races in a row because they couldn't catch them all live, then showing Belmont allowance race right when it comes up on post time, that makes me want to play anything.

I remember the very very very very very first time I saw horse racing on TV. The very first time, I was at my mom's house, I didn't have sat at the time, she did, and i was doing my laundry because my apartment didn't have a laundry machine lol. So I am there and I stumble on horse racing, talk about stoked! so I am sitting there, on this Saturday.. just so happened to be the 2004 Cash call (then Hollywood) futurity with lion heart and roman ruler. and they sat there for 10 minutes and they went through all the stuff and by the time they were done, I was convinced lion heart would win that race. /He did, but that's not the point. T?he point is, they GAVE ME A REAL LIFE OPINION TO WAGER ON. I had not done a bit of handicapping, i had not watched TV, had no idea the race was on, but within 10 minutes, I wanted to wager on lion heart. That would not have been possible had they cut to post 2 minutes to post and just showed the race live.

This goes well beyond showing our pick 5 ticket on TV, they sold me on an idea. not on a way to make money. It takes time to sell a viewer on the idea of a certain horse winning a horse race.

That, above, is the vision I have for horse racing television. That above schedule I would have absolutely no problem staying glued in front of my TV from 11 until they were done. at all.

toussaud
05-16-2011, 12:18 AM
I want to add an interesting side note to that as well.

That was in december. I grew up going to the track but when I got older kinda got away with it. I was odd in the sense that I knew how to read a form and all that good stuff, knew about handicapping, but wasn't into horse racing.I knew what they were talking about, I wasn't a newbie in that sense, but I just had somehow lost interest when I started having to go to basketball practice in the winter instead of going to the track with my dad.

So, may comes rolling around. I am watching the kentucky derby... again this is the first race I have seen since the cash call. There is lion heart again. This time I did wager on him, soley based off what I remembered in the cash call.

Then when smarty jones won the derby, I watched the Preakness. then I watched the belmont. Then I watched horse racing whenever it would come on. Then I got dish and found HRTV and that was a wrap lol.

None of that, would have happened, had they just "shown the race live". None of it. Without them knowing it, they actually sold me on the game of horse racing in that 10 minutes. I didn't know it then.

Tom
05-16-2011, 07:47 AM
So how does showing no races at all during the evenings tie into that nice little rank? And showing multiple non-racing shows? Lot a blather, there, Toss.

Hey DaHoss, at least I participate in the threads. You just stalk them and snipe. To each his own.

NTamm1215 - put a cork in it! :D

toussaud
05-16-2011, 10:13 AM
So how does showing no races at all during the evenings tie into that nice little rank? And showing multiple non-racing shows? Lot a blather, there, Toss.

Hey DaHoss, at least I participate in the threads. You just stalk them and snipe. To each his own.

NTamm1215 - put a cork in it! :D
never said it did.

actually, something like this would benefit you, because some tracks that normally race in the day would move to the later hours to get more pub.

Tom
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
And if my aunt were constructed differently she would be my uncle.
Tracks run when they run now and HRTV could be covering them. Simple concept. They don't. That is my gripe.

No need to change the universe here - cover what is out there now.

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
I emailed them about their non-racing programming and the fact that HRTV stands for HorseRacingTV.They told me that their acronym no longer means HorseRacingTV, and they are more or less a horse channel now and not specifically a racing channel.
Dressage and rodeo and kids shows about trail horses doesn't do it for me.
I've been to Shelbyville, Tenn to see their annual Tennessee Walking Horse shows/competitions (they let the kids out of school) and I was bored to death. What do you think my father, brother and I began to do after a few rounds of these walking horses hit the arena? We began to bet among ourselves as to who would win the ribbon. We weren't the only "gamblers" in the crowd.
The trip to the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg was the REAL reason we went to Tennessee. It's in a dry county.

FenceBored
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I emailed them about their non-racing programming and the fact that HRTV stands for HorseRacingTV.They told me that their acronym no longer means HorseRacingTV, and they are more or less a horse channel now and not specifically a racing channel.

Horse Reality TV?

toussaud
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
And if my aunt were constructed differently she would be my uncle.
Tracks run when they run now and HRTV could be covering them. Simple concept. They don't. That is my gripe.

No need to change the universe here - cover what is out there now.
would you get mad at espn for not showing the bulls / heat game last night while the same game was on TNT?

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 11:23 AM

No, you complain non stop and provide unfunny one liners. Quite the contribution.

On the flip side I've contributed more to the board in things that could actually help people out (winners) than you could ever dream of. To each his own.

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:24 AM
No, because it was on TNT, and I do not watch basketball.
But if I did, and they showed a movie about baseball, I would not be happy.

You don't get it - there is racing going on and a channel that advertises itself a great horse acing channel fail to show any of it at night and show unrelated stuff in the mornings. Why do you defend that?

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Well now, good for you Dahoss.

Hope everyone is paying of their mortgages now.

toussaud
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
No, because it was on TNT
then why are you throwing such a fit that HRTV is not showing the same dang races that are on TVG?

YOU DON'T get it. TVG has a larger market, they are better off showing "pony shows" than showing the exact same races that TVG is showing at the same time at night. I don't see how this concpet is going over people's heads.

The times that HRTV has content that TVG does not have, i.e downs after dark, fair grounds from time to time, they do show it. But lone star, evg, remington, delta, charles town, mountineer, those are ALL TVG tracks, and you are pissing a fit becuase HRTV won't show the exact same races?

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Well now, good for you Dahoss.

Hope everyone is paying of their mortgages now.

Notice you aren't disagreeing. How could you, I'm right.

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:35 AM
then why are you throwing such a fit that HRTV is not showing the same dang races that are on TVG?

TVG was NOT showing all the races at night. Have you ever looked at their schedule? TVG showed 0 Evd races Saturday, and only 2 or 3 CT races. No Mountaineer....

TVG and HRT have different tracks - they do NOT show the same races all the time. Go look up Saturday's PM schedule and then try to discuss this with some facts.

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Notice you aren't disagreeing. How could you, I'm right.

Who cares? Not me, I could give a shit who you like. I never questioned you were not a good handicapper, I just don't care. I don't look at other people's pick. Being able to pick winners doesn't make up for being a jerk. Tell yourself it does and believe it if you want to.

Whatever makes you feel are warm and snuggly. I hope all your legions of followers get rich and live happily ever after. How many of them are there now, do have a newsletter.

Is there a convention? Maybe HRTV could cover it when they aren't showing live races.

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Who cares? Not me, I could give a shit who you like. I never questioned you were not a good handicapper, I just don't care. I don't look at other people's pick. Being able to pick winners doesn't make up for being a jerk. Tell yourself it does and believe it if you want to.

Whatever makes you feel are warm and snuggly. I hope all your legions of followers get rich and live happily ever after. How many of them are there now, do have a newsletter.

Is there a convention? Maybe HRTV could cover it when they aren't showing live races.

Posting more than everyone else doesn't make up for being a jerk either. It just proves you have no life. But you already know that.

toussaud
05-16-2011, 11:47 AM
TVG was NOT showing all the races at night. Have you ever looked at their schedule? TVG showed 0 Evd races Saturday, and only 2 or 3 CT races. No Mountaineer....

TVG and HRT have different tracks - they do NOT show the same races all the time. Go look up Saturday's PM schedule and then try to discuss this with some facts.

So why aren't you on their case?

I am not going to say I watch more racing then anyone here, but I am pretty damn sure that there are not many that watch more racing than i do, i know both networks schedule off like hte back of my hand.

Mountaineer, Charles town, evangline downs, delta downs, those are all non exclusive tracks. both have the rights tos how those tracks. Similar to the NYRA tracks where both networks have the rights to show the tracks.

HRTV has taken the stance that because 1. they don't have on air personalities at night and 2. they have the same content that TVG has available, they will target a different audience at night. I don't see how that is anything but a sound business decision.

and about Tuesdays, I make myself not deal with racing at all at least one day a week. Usually that day is Tuesday. I would be willing to wager I"m not the only one.

TVG has on air staff there until at least 11pm CST Sunday - Thursday, and even later on friday - Saturday when the quarters is on. If you want to get mad at anyone, you need to get mad at TVG.

Tom
05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
You know what, Touss - your are boring the hell out of me.
Does your uncle work at HRTV or what? I've been on their case for along time. But this is an HRTV thread. RIF.

I need to get mad at the guys showing races and not the guys who are not.
You must have Eintstien quaking in his boots.

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Does your uncle work at HRTV or what?

Oh, the irony.

Tom
05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
So predictable, Dahoss. Feel better now?

You and Toss take it from here - I have things to do. Gotta go find me a life.

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
So predictable, Dahoss. Feel better now?

You and Toss take it from here - I have things to do. Gotta go find me a life.

So you want to insult, but then act like a baby when it gets tossed back your way?

Things to do....:lol: :lol: :lol:

toussaud
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Does your uncle work at HRTV or what? I've been on their case for along time. But this is an HRTV thread. RIF.

I'm sorry my having an opinion which I can back up bores you.

Tom
05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
So you want to insult, but then act like a baby when it gets tossed back your way?

Things to do....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Toss away, Mr Personality.
Be all that you can be.

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Toss away, Mr Personality.

Amazing....just amazing.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Seriously man, this disappoints me...from now on, when people have personal beefs with each other, take it to Private Message. Nobody wants to read this shit...

I would have deleted it all, but unfortunately, I can't be here 24/7 (even though it seems as though I am).