PDA

View Full Version : degrees of freedom

46zilzal
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
THE hardest thing in wager creation is accounting for the myriad of possibilities in the horses that are projected to be also rans.

Imagine how many scenarios are available for horses that were pace setters and dropped out of it late, how many pressers retained their position behind the leader, as well as the occasionally late late closer that gets up just in time.

UNDERNEATH is where is often gets so complicated that the ALL button is a very logical choice.

CBedo
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd never say "never" when it comes to the use of the ALL button, but in most instances if you don't have any better insight than "ALL" underneath, I think your returns would be better just playing the N-1 horses vertical wager. So if instead of using ALL in the third spot for the trifecta, play the exacta. Usually trying to maufacture a bigger payoff ends up costing you value.

46zilzal
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
So if instead of using ALL in the third spot for the trifecta, play the exacta. Usually trying to manufacture a bigger payoff ends up costing you value.
Did I ever say THIRD spot?

I use it most often in the 2nd spot as the splitzacta (1st and 3rd) is one of my best plays around.

CBedo
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I didn't say third either. I just used that as an example. Could just have easily been playing the tri instead of the super with ALL in fourth, or betting to win instead of ALL on the bottom of the exacta.

I've heard you talk about the splitzacta before, the concept makes some logical sense to me, but I still think I'd have too many losing combinations in the long run to make it a profitable play.

misscashalot
03-27-2010, 08:22 AM
I'd never say "never" when it comes to the use of the ALL button, but in most instances if you don't have any better insight than "ALL" underneath, ............

The ALL button is my best friend, I use it lots, and do well with it.