PDA

View Full Version : BASE BET + SQUAREROOT

punteray
03-26-2010, 01:19 PM
A couple of years ago I shared a program for money management based on the "BASE BET + SQUAREROOT" (BB+SQRT) concept. I have been busy coding my handicapping program and decided to incorporate BB+SQRT into it. I found some mathematical formulation errors and have updated the program. I also made some cosmetic changes. I don't remeber all who I sent it to !!!

So if anyone wants a corrected and updated copy of the program please E-Mail me at ::: punteray@yahoo.com

Ray Scalise

Wickel
03-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Isn't this formula from Selvidge's "Hold Your Horses," published in the '70s

speculus
03-26-2010, 08:04 PM
A couple of years ago I shared a program for money management based on the "BASE BET + SQUAREROOT" (BB+SQRT) concept. I have been busy coding my handicapping program and decided to incorporate BB+SQRT into it. I found some mathematical formulation errors and have updated the program. I also made some cosmetic changes. I don't remeber all who I sent it to !!!

So if anyone wants a corrected and updated copy of the program please E-Mail me at ::: punteray@yahoo.com

Ray Scalise

Since you are talking about in BB+SR concept, would you be interested in knowing how I have combined it with Dave Shwartz's HMI to convert into a very useful tool? It is expected to outperform HMI 85% of the time--and very handsomely too.

If you already hold a legal copy of Dave's HMI, I will be happy to share it with you. You (or anyone else on this board who is interested and has bought Dave's HMI) is welcome to write to me at speculus@gmail.com .

Of course I hope I am not violating any policies of this board in doing so because I am not selling it.

speculus
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
For those who have already sent me a mail, and especially for those who wish to send after reading this:

Please send along with your request a snapshot (a scanned copy of the HMI-in-USE printout or even a pdf view of the HMI excel sheet) to convince me that you are a legit user of Dave's HMI. That will help me process your request without delay.

Also, due to the difference in time zone and my busy schedule, please expect to receive response from me in 48 hours, after which you may inquire through mail why you have not received a copy of my program.

punteray
03-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Coukd be. I haven't read the book

Ray Scalise

GameTheory
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I saw it in Quinn's "Best of Thoroughbred Handicapping"...

Warren Henry
03-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Isn't this formula from Selvidge's "Hold Your Horses," published in the '70s
I am pretty sure that Selvidge was the first to push this concept.

GameTheory
03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I am pretty sure that Selvidge was the first to push this concept.The Quinn book was a compendium of ideas from other sources (with due credit given)...

Tom
03-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Yes, HYH in the 70's - pretty good book at the time.

timtam
03-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I know I purchased Hold Your Horses from Jim Selvidge and in it was

a laminated card which gave you the proper bets per profits.

speculus
03-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Please note that my money management program has been sent to all those who requested it, except one gentleman who has yet to comply with the condition mentioned in post #4 on this thread.

Feedback on this forum or directly to me in mail is welcome.

speculus
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Here are the points that I would like the users of my file to note:

1. My variation of HMI (Spec version as it is called in the file sent to you) is, hopefully, an attempt to enhance the 'reward' (when on a winning spree) and reduce the risk when on a losing run.

2. I expect the program will handsomely exploit your winning edge and put more $$ in your pocket, of course, within the limitations set by the nature of the parimutuel system. However, betting with the bookie at fixed odds, the program has great potential for accumulating profits.

3. I haven't touched Dave's format except for adding the RiskMax, RiskMin and RiskAvg column for the sake of comparison.

4. I have added my formulas under "Spec zone" and put summary (for Spec Wagers) on top in the same style that Dave has listed for Flat bet, HMI and Kelly wagers.

5. Although the formulas are locked and hidden, you can format the column size to make it broad enough in case the number of digits get too big during the operation.