PDA

View Full Version : More tax dollars...gone!!!!!

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Obama to Boost Aid for Troubled Homeowners

Updated: 2 hours 41 minutes ago

(March 25) -- The Obama administration plans to expand a program aimed at helping troubled mortgage borrowers by providing new loans to people whose homes are worth less than they owe and awarding banks and other lenders incentives to give breaks to people who are behind on their mortgages.

Some details of the plan were emerging today as the government said more than half of borrowers whose loans were modified in the first quarter of 2009 had already defaulted again by the end of the year.

The program, one of President Barack Obama's first efforts to help the economy when he took office, was aimed at stabilizing the housing market and helping borrowers keep their The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Office of Thrift Supervision said 51.5 percent of loans helped by the Home Affordable Modification Program, or HAMP, at the start of last year were more than 60 days overdue by the end of December.homes by working with banks to lower mortgage payments and the principal owed on homes.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/obama-to-boost-aid-for-troubled-homeowners/19415044

bolding done by me.....
So let me see if I understand this...these people were ALREADY given relief and they are NOW defaulting again??? And now more relief to follow???
P.S if ya read the whole story for which I have provided the link...doesnt look good in the future for housing markets unless your a buyer with patience!!
Someone said in another thread jokingly that the government should just bail out homeowners too.....I think they had inside info!!! lol

acorn54
03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
if you protect a person from their folly what you land up with is a fool

ArlJim78
03-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm hoping to be laid off. I can collect unemployment indefinitely, I can stop paying my home loan because it will be covered, and I can get free health care if I need it. there is little reason to work anymore.

NJ Stinks
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm hoping to be laid off. I can collect unemployment indefinitely, I can stop paying my home loan because it will be covered, and I can get free health care if I need it. there is little reason to work anymore.

Yep, you'll be on Easy Street alright. Those unemployment checks buy a nice Lexus from what I've read around here. :jump:

cj's dad
03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Yep, you'll be on Easy Street alright. Those unemployment checks buy a nice Lexus from what I've read around here. :jump:

Slight correction in your line of reasoning - unemployment checks are for those who have actually worked and have been laid off. In order to afford a Lexus one must be on Welfare, receive a monthly gov't stipend, food stamps, section 8 housing, free medical care and never ever rat out the "baby daddy" or should I say "daddy's". Always keep in mind that the more of a litter one can produce out of wedlock, the more gov't $$$ will be sent their way.

Is this a great country or what ??

Tom
03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
There is a difference between an unemployment check and "I am so worthless, you need to carry my lazy ass for me" check.

illinoisbred
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Slight correction in your line of reasoning - unemployment checks are for those who have actually worked and have been laid off. In order to afford a Lexus one must be on Welfare, receive a monthly gov't stipend, food stamps, section 8 housing, free medical care and never ever rat out the "baby daddy" or should I say "daddy's". Always keep in mind that the more of a litter one can produce out of wedlock, the more gov't $$$ will be sent their way.

Is this a great country or what ??
The sense of entitlement is growing cuz now des are Obama dollahs

ArlJim78
03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
hey it would be easy street for me, I have very low expenses.
Lexus? nah, not for me. too dangerous from what I see on the news.
I can get by with a bicycle if need be. As long as I can cover my essentials (food, cable, monthly racing data fee) I'll be in the pink.

johnhannibalsmith
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
hey it would be easy street for me, I have very low expenses.
Lexus? nah, not for me. too dangerous from what I see on the news.
I can get by with a bicycle if need be. As long as I can cover my essentials (food, cable, monthly racing data fee) I'll be in the pink.

I was really looking forward to taking another swing at working my ass off 365 days a year in the near future, but as it stands now, I will likely be far worse off trying to be more productive.

Nothing like incentivizing complacency... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I guess...

JustRalph
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
19v5Kjmc8FI

Tom
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Reward failure. Obama's master plan.