PDA

View Full Version : Place betting conditional wagering

RichieP
03-26-2010, 07:57 AM
I know TS doesn't accept them but do any other ADW's allow you to make conditional place bets based on win odds at a self determined time before post?

Thanks in advance :)

Neapolitan musica!
http://www.youtube.com/user/paisan31?feature=mhw4#p/a/f/1/2WkGDvHVVKo

Horseplayersbet.com
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I know TS doesn't accept them but do any other ADW's allow you to make conditional place bets based on win odds at a self determined time before post?

Neapolitan musica!
That is an interesting concept, but I don't see much demand for it to be honest.

GameTheory
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
That is an interesting concept, but I don't see much demand for it to be honest.I would use it. Most likely to place WP or WPS wagers rather than place only, but lots of people put X units to win and X units to place on most of their bets. I would use the win odds to conditionally make exacta wagers too if it was offered.

But the main reason I don't use conditional wagering (via the ADW interface) in a serious way is because they only allow a minimum odds criterion but not a maximum. If I could put in a range, that would be huge. For a certain class of plays, cutting out those that go off at high odds is the difference between winning and losing. If I could specify between > 3-1 and <= 10-1, I'd definitely be putting in more bets because then I could automate my spot plays easily without having to either write a complicated program to monitor real-time odds and do it for me (which I am perfectly capable of, but most are not -- still, it's a pain) or sit around and manually make sure such-and-such selection doesn't go off at 40-1 which I know makes it a loser.

RichieP
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
That is an interesting concept, but I don't see much demand for it to be honest.

Let's say I want to win bet only at 7/1 to 11 or 12/1 but above that 12/1 number I also want to take a place bet of equal value to my win bet.

I'm not playing into 5,6,7 horse fields so I don't need to scan place pools or anything. Just the win odds at say 0 mtp then let me execute a place ticket in addition to win bet if odds dictate based on the win odds.

I cant believe there wouldn't be demand for this(a buddy in Jersey who makes serious profits has been doing this for over a decade on track) but then again I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer :)

Ian Meyers
03-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Neapolitan musica!

No.

It was an idea I have/had on the drawing board. There was an entire suite of advanced software tools I thought needed to be coded including some really cool bet structuring/optimization tools.

If you remember, at that time PTC was the leading ADW in terms of technology. I think the industry still has a long way to go in providing 21st century technology to its customers.

gm10
03-27-2010, 01:14 PM

It's a crucial aspect of value betting. There many Betfair bots who do this.

RichieP
03-28-2010, 07:54 AM
It's a crucial aspect of value betting.

Of course it is. Thanks Ian for the feedback.