PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Derby

WinterTriangle
03-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Stay Put or Ron the Greek to win the LA derby.

My silly dreams, Ice Box for the Florida derby. Now I read Zito had the same dream. Same week dreamed Stay Put and Ron the Greek.

so......why should I bother handicapping it? :lol:

So, Stay Put or Ron the Greek to win.

If I do play an exotic, Island Soul looks very fit, and I'll filter in A Little Warm, Mission, Fly Down, and maybe Dross and Discreetly in bottom position, so that's my ticket.

WinterTriangle
03-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Nobody has any thoughts about this prep race tomorrow? :)

GaryG
03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
A LITTLE WARM
FLY DOWN

Not sure in which order yet

only11
03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Stay Put or Ron the Greek to win the LA derby.

My silly dreams, Ice Box for the Florida derby. Now I read Zito had the same dream. Same week dreamed Stay Put and Ron the Greek.

so......why should I bother handicapping it? :lol:

So, Stay Put or Ron the Greek to win.

If I do play an exotic, Island Soul looks very fit, and I'll filter in A Little Warm, Mission, Fly Down, and maybe Dross and Discreetly in bottom position, so that's my ticket.
WT did any of theses horses make your derby list earlier in the year..?

toetoe
03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm with Gary. The Tony Dutrow horse will have to stop to a walk for Ron the Geek, that Pyro-wannabe, to win.

Trotman
03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
:4: The Program
:13: Drosselmeyer

bisket
03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
pps
http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2010/futures/pps/pool3.pdf

only11
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Mission Impazible sitting on a huge race..

letswastemoney
03-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, everyone on this thread has chosen a different horse. That narrows things down lol

Dahoss9698
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
I think the race falls apart. I like Fly Down.

SmartyLane
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
:9:
:3: :5: :6:
:3: :5: :6:

SmartyLane
03-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Stay Put
A Little Warm, Fly Down, Ron
A Little Warm, Fly Down, Ron
:)

slew101
03-26-2010, 09:24 PM
The Program for me on top, with Fly Down and A Little Warm.

:4: The Program
:13: Drosselmeyer

bisket
03-26-2010, 09:43 PM
:3: :4: :9: :13: 2$ tri box
2$ tri box :3: :4: :13:

WinterTriangle
03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm just using the horses in my dream for the win :D......Stay Put and Ron the Greek will finish strong.

I've never played a 6 horse exacta or tri box, and I'm not about to start now.

WT did any of theses horses make your derby list earlier in the year..?

2 lists, December 2009 & March 10th, 2010.

Stay Put & Fly Down & Dross in top tier.
Discreetly 2nd tier.
Mission 2nd tier in Dec list, dropped to 3rd in March.
A Little Warm is in my RTTR, didn't think he'd get the earnings and he has to prove 1-1/8 before I like him for 1-1/4. I'm not 100% counting on that, not sure why everyone else is..however, he always looks like he has something left, and Dutrow is up around 26% sprint to route. You gotta be a "believer" on this one, I guess.

But----- this isn't the derby---- it's only only 1-1/8 at Fairgrounds. I'm just looking for horses I can TOSS for the KY Derby.

I hope Fly Down does well, too.

WHAT are they're doing with Wowwowwow. Many races this year already....and all 1 or 1-1/16 ones, when he could easily get 1-1/4 or more...impeccable breeding, RF factor, he deserves his name, and working bullets. And even The Program gee, he has held his own against a lot of pretty impressive horses. One can make a case for any horse here. Even that local and the turfer with the kick.

RockHardTen1985
03-27-2010, 12:43 AM
I think the race falls apart. I like Fly Down.

Even if it falls apart, I rate others higher then Fly Down.

WinterTriangle
03-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Even if it falls apart, I rate others higher then Fly Down.

So, you just checked in to tell Dahoss you didn't like his pick?

....but you're not going to tell us who you rate higher?:D

Lasix67
03-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Stay Put

46zilzal
03-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Looks to be amongst three Ron the Greek, Stay Put or Drosselmeyer chasing and probably catching Discreetly Mine

CincyHorseplayer
03-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Great points all.I agree and disagree on a lot.So I'll try not to be longwinded.

Mission Impazible-never had a race to shine in this context.Poly win,offtrack short sprint,layoff/offtrack sprint,route from 10 hole.Tactical speed.Is capable but not overwhelming.

Fly Down-Won both 2 turn tries after bad break in sprint debut and is 34 days out from top.Suitable style for FG.Like a lot in a race without much speed.Plus great sire and trainer.Works suggest to me they are not worried about his staying power.

A Little Warm-With the general speed-laced GP strip I can appreciate his efforts without knowing the specifics,anybody??!!Could be a comfortable pace for him to shine.

Ron The Greek-Big moves from crappy outside posts.Was that a disadvantage on particular days?Seems too uninterested for a probable slow pace.

Discreetly Mine-35 day return after top in w & w with great breeding,trainer,and no challenger.But I have no idea how the strip was favoring Friday or will be today.

Stay Put-Winter Triangle has been hot with her picks.I will wait for a dream report!But this horse is 2 for 2 in non layoff starts and has two brilliant works.Gets the wide trip again but I like the upswing of form.The same pattern put me on Pleasant Prince last week.

Drosselmeyer-I really like him overall,but he's way outside and will lose ground after a top where he didn't lose any ground.A lot to overcome but a contender.He's still sitting on a big race IMO.

Will holler back before post time with a pick.

Winter Triangle,school me on some dams,I know none of these Moms!

bisket
03-27-2010, 11:13 AM
cincy horse said
A Little Warm-With the general speed-laced GP strip I can appreciate his efforts without knowing the specifics,anybody??!!Could be a comfortable pace for him to shine.

this one could hang around for a piece. he was my last elimination, and it was a tough one. he does appear to be capable of rating, but rating in a sprint is different than rating in a route. sometimes young horses that rate behind 22 and 45 just can't slow down enough to rate behind 23 and 46. i think this race does have a chance to fall apart, and my plays reflect that. i just don't see him carrying speed over this surface.

Zenyatta John
03-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I think Fly Down will sit the perfect trip and beat the deep closers Stay Put and Ron the Greek to the wire.

Dahoss9698
03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
So, you just checked in to tell Dahoss you didn't like his pick?

....but you're not going to tell us who you rate higher?:D

Trust me, you don't want his pick. Unless you are looking to eliminate a horse.

If you've ever seen the movie The Cooler, he was the inspiration.

WinterTriangle
03-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll say I'm completely off A Little Warm, who lots seem to like...... sprinter, shows in pedigree, maybe good to a mile? Let him show me different here!

WinterTriangle
03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I know none of these Moms!

It wouldn't help. If you went entirely on pedigree, Hotep would win. :D

You would have to go back several generations. Most of the dams were sprinters. Got to go to 2nd and 3rd damsire, etc.

Quick look, Bms and Sire stats, "mom" side, 9, 4, 8 have done well. At this distance, 3, 4, 9, esp. the 3 for this distance (on both sides) . Ditto the 13, unless you ding him for the post position. (I'm a big Zito fan and it was hard for me not to put Fly Down to win.) Island Soul bred for the distance. Trainer stats favor the 8, 2 and 7.

then you have all the "other angles" like jockey/trainer combos.

DARTBOARD!

Really, it's anybody's race.

wonatthewire1
03-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Looking at
(9) Stay Put

&

(13) Drosselmeyer

If the odds look enticing enough - maybe a little on (4) The Program

wonatthewire1
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
3, 8 in the New Orleans

just about to go off...

Awesome Again and Stonehouse

bisket
03-27-2010, 05:31 PM
:3: :4: :9: :13: 2$ tri box
2$ tri box :3: :4: :13:
plus 20$ win
:4: the program
10$ ex box
:4: :9:

Buckeye
03-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Win bets.

80 #5
10 #11
16 #12
94 #13

If the 6 wins I lose.

Bobzilla
03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
As long as he doesn't get effected by a potential meltdown, I agree with those who think :2: Mission Impazible is set to improve after chasing/pressing 3 wide in the Southwest, a race with very legitimate early fractions. Won't be surprised if Stay Put makes a late move but he seems underlayed at the moment at 9/2. I'll go with the :2: . Good Luck.

GaryG
03-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Going with #5 to win and a 3/5 ex box

CincyHorseplayer
03-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm going to key off of Fly Down in exactas.Bet him to win with a smaller win bet on Stay Put.

only11
03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Finally enuf money for me to eat at Mcdonalds needed drosslmeyer for a huge score..hung like a cheap suit..ill take the win bet..

WinterTriangle
03-27-2010, 05:56 PM

I agree with those who think :2: Mission Impazible is set to improve after chasing/pressing 3 wide in the Southwest, a race with very legitimate early fractions.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

:ThmbUp:

u guys are da bomb!

WinterTriangle
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I hope discreetly is okay...did you notice at beginning of race he got hit by the 6 and 5 and I thought he might have hurt his leg?

only11
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
I hope discreetly is okay...did you notice at beginning of race he got hit by the 6 and 5 and I thought he might have hurt his leg?
Wt thanks,,,,anyone in the race serious derby contender?

Bobzilla
03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!

:ThmbUp:

u guys are da bomb!

And a great call by you for today's big race in Dubai!:ThmbUp:

Only11, good job!

RockHardTen1985
03-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Trust me, you don't want his pick. Unless you are looking to eliminate a horse.

If you've ever seen the movie The Cooler, he was the inspiration.

Hahaha go to the dt selections thread then check the play along for today.

Market Mover
03-28-2010, 12:12 AM
great call Only11

PhantomOnTour
03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
In a recent thread I trashed the way FG handles the crowd on big racing days. After attending the La Derby yesterday I will retract those statements to some degree. Yes, the bars are stilled staffed by a single retiree who's mixing Bloody Marys from scratch for thousands of patrons, but they had loads of temporary satellite bars & concessions all over the grounds that really eased the wait for food and adult bevs. Although the crowd was large (approx 12,000) movement was easy throughout the building and on the track apron. Lines were long for betting, as expected, but that's from a lack of knowledge and use of SAM machines....some folk just don't know how to call out a bet or use a SAM machine. Personally, I was very pleased with the improved 'readiness' of the FG staff for the big day yesterday.

Great weather-great racing-but lotsa chalk. Managed to do well by betting the 2 jocks from the Caribbean Isles...Husbands(Barbados) and Maragh(Jamaica?). Lurie and Cadman were there from HRTV. Zoe may not be the most polished announcer but she loves being out with the fans and has a great personality/enthusiasm about her...good for the game.

All in all a great day (now I gotta make the 2hr drive back to Lafayette) with great weather and a small profit was realized...see some of you had Mission Impazible as well...good job.

Dahoss9698
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Hahaha go to the dt selections thread then check the play along for today.

I've seen enough of your fake bets throughout the years. No need to waste my time anymore.

Have fun at the BC.....alone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toss_DeLoser
03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Lurie and Cadman were there from HRTV. Zoe may not be the most polished announcer but she loves being out with the fans and has a great personality/enthusiasm about her...good for the game.

Peter needed slapped right after the NATIONAL ANTHEM. No respect at all.:ThmbDown:

RockHardTen1985
03-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Your a legend man.