PDA

View Full Version : Here it goes babe

skate
03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NA-BF169_NYCHOS_A_20100325181425.jpg (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575144184025495398.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories)

New York Hospitals Under the Knife (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575144184025495398.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories)

New York City's public hospital system plans to cut 2,600 more jobs as government aid drops and the number of uninsured patients jumps.

AND and and, Nothing in the BO health Care FaceLift is going to address this mock-up.

Tom
03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
This is the face of things to come under Obama.
Before long, even I will have admit health care in Cuba is superior.

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Wait....this can't possibly be true can it Mosty?? NJ??? Cap??? C'mon guys tell me this is just another fabricated story. After all B.O was supposed to make sure this didnt happen!!!

NJ Stinks
03-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Looks like healthcare reform was passed just in a nick of time. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 12:37 AM
lmao...hope they can hang in there for years till 'something" kicks in. I just hope its not them (the hospital,) which gets kicked!!!

witchdoctor
03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Looks like healthcare reform was passed just in a nick of time. :ThmbUp:

I had the "joy" of sitting thru senario planning session for our hospital and group. Every senario shows that we are going to have to lay off 8% of our employees.

Tom
03-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Change you can believe in.

horses4courses
03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Like all cost-conscious enterprises, they are merely trimming the fat off.

Most, I'm sure, will be offered their jobs back for less money and benefits.

'Tis the American way these days....... :ThmbDown:

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Like all cost-conscious enterprises, they are merely trimming the fat off.

Most, I'm sure, will be offered their jobs back for less money and benefits.

'Tis the American way these days....... :ThmbDown:

And based on your explanation of whats going on....., you would suggest they hire more (even though losing money), give them all raises and offer then white unicorns to ride home in for the new utopia way of life ???
:lol:

horses4courses
03-26-2010, 09:25 AM
And based on your explanation of whats going on....., you would suggest they hire more (even though losing money), give them all raises and offer then white unicorns to ride home in for the new utopia way of life ???
:lol:

What are you smoking?
Where did I say anything close to that?

There will be no raises........

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Obviously, you can draw conclusions about why its happening....but you can't draw any other conclusions when someone with a varrying opinion chimes in.....??? typical lib....
So lets go with what you said....
Trimming the fat....
hired back at less money and no benefits....
tiz the american way now a days....:ThmbDown:

right??? those were your comments.....
I even added the little thumbs down you gave to the american way....
What about corporations showing a profit?? Where does that play into the story lines? Or should they all lose money like the other government programs in which the american tax payers will just pick up the tab????
And p.s. ...just for the record with your thumbs down to the american way....you do have options if ya don't like it here as your thumbs down would indicate!!!!!

Tom
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Trivial pursuit question.....name a government program that came in on budget and was successful.

46zilzal
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
At just about every hospital I ever visited or at the ones my friends work at, services are redundant....they could use some downsizing.

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
But zil...that goes against everything this healthcare plan is supposed to do...such as CREATE jobs. It isnt supposed to take away jobs...just ask your friends on the lib side :):lol:

horses4courses
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
And p.s. ...just for the record with your thumbs down to the american way....you do have options if ya don't like it here as your thumbs down would indicate!!!!!

No, no.........you misunderstand me.
I'm doing just fine. Thank you. :)

Tom
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
At just about every hospital I ever visited or at the ones my friends work at, services are redundant....they could use some downsizing.

So you agree that the focus should NOT have been the insurance companies, but the medical profession, due their unnecessary high costs.

46zilzal
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
So you agree that the focus should NOT have been the insurance companies, but the medical profession, due their unnecessary high costs.
no

The insurance companies are obscene as many of my friends in medicine, nursing, and my sister who is the billing chief at her hospital tell me all the time

HUSKER55
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
hey tom, the answer to your qesation, if memory serves, is the flying fortress. for the aaftc I think. when I get time I will try and find out If memory serves it is the only program in our govrnments history that did.

Tom
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
no

The insurance companies are obscene as many of my friends in medicine, nursing, and my sister who is the billing chief at her hospital tell me all the time

What is their profit margin?
Define obscene.
You throw too many generalities around to have any meaning.
Who has higher margins, them or doctors, hospitals, lawyers, lobbyists?
Put it in perspective.
Can you? :lol:

JustRalph
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I had the "joy" of sitting thru senario planning session for our hospital and group. Every senario shows that we are going to have to lay off 8% of our employees.

How many Jobs is 8%......... just wondered?

I can send Obama an Email and make sure he deducts whatever number you come up with from his lies about Tarp saving jobs...

I have a buddy who is in sales for John Deere. The big stuff. Not the lawn tractors. I sent him an email and he says that Iowa and Illinois locations for John Deere are shaking in their boots. Rumors running rampant about moving to Europe.

Robert Goren
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
How many Jobs is 8%......... just wondered?

I can send Obama an Email and make sure he deducts whatever number you come up with from his lies about Tarp saving jobs...

I have a buddy who is in sales for John Deere. The big stuff. Not the lawn tractors. I sent him an email and he says that Iowa and Illinois locations for John Deere are shaking in their boots. Rumors running rampant about moving to Europe.Why would they move to Europe? They have higher tax rates. Maybe it is the health care bill. Must not have gone far enough because every European country has Nationalized health care.

rastajenk
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Maybe it's Ireland. They're business friendly these days, aren't they? They could become John O'Deere.

ArlJim78
03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Cat and Deere are both big customers of my company. I know Cat already has a big presense in Europe (Belgium I think). Both companies have a distinctly midwestern culture to them, it's hard to imagine either of them moving their headquarters.

FYI, Deere is running great guns right now. We recondition tools for them so you notice immediately when things go up or down, and they have really ramped up this year. They say they might set a record for tractor sales. I have no idea which tractors or for what market. But at the moment things are good with them.