PDA

View Full Version : Your child's abortion?????

newtothegame
03-25-2010, 03:16 AM
And without the Parent being informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????????

Abortions For Your Child, Without Your Knowledge Or Your Consent? Beyond Unacceptable.
(Read WP posts from John Hawkins) (http://rightwingnews.com/author/john-hawkins) | (Read MT posts from John Hawkins) (http://rightwingnews.com/author.php?id=1)

Welcome to liberal America! It's a new country! Full of change, hope, and a government that wants to take care of you -- not like those mean, old Republicans who want you to take care of yourself. When there are tough decisions to be made, don't worry, we'll spare you all that hard work (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88971742.html):
The mother of a Ballard High School student is fuming after the health center on campus helped facilitate her daughter's abortion during school hours.

The mother, whom KOMO News has chosen to identify only as "Jill," says the clinic kept the information "confidential."

...Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

The Seattle School District says it doesn't run the health clinics at high schools. Swedish Medical Center runs the clinic at Ballard High and protects the students' privacy.

...But Jill says she not only didn't have a say in her daughter's abortion, but also didn't know about it.

"Makes me feel like my rights were completely stripped away."When I put myself in the place of that mother and think about what my first reaction would be....it's so far off the scales, I can't even see the scales from there. If I had a 15 year old daughter and someone facilitated the death of my grandchild without my knowing about it? Without my having a chance to talk to her about it?

Under the best of circumstances, abortion is extremely controversial. When you start bringing underage kids into it, without their parents consent, and the end result is a dead baby, you're not just playing with fire, you're diving into a volcano -- and eventually, one of those volcanos is going to erupt.

What was done here was not only immoral, it was extraordinarily provocative, should definitely be illegal, and it needs to be discontinued.

http://rightwingnews.com/#post10197

HUSKER55
03-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Regardless of your views of abortion that school interceded and violated the parents rights and took advantage of a minor.

That is not right.

I had a friend who had an abortion. Many moons ago. She was 28 at the time. She is still haunted by it to this day after 30 years. What do you think is going to happen to that child.

Then teachers say they deserve more money.

Robert Goren
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a friend who thought about an abortion, but instead had the kid and gave it up for adoption. The kid, who is now grown up, tracked her down and is stalking her. She has gotten restraining orders to no avail. Ask her about whether or not she regrets not having the abortion and you will get an ear full on the pro-life movement. I am generally opposed to abortion, but cases like hers give me pause.

Tom
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Destroy the family unit....part of the dem agenda.
Family values fly in the face of the progressive take over, so families must go.
This is the party of division. Read Saul Alynski.

I suspect this is a good court case - clearly, it was child abuse.

HUSKER55
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
HEY ROBERT, did your friend tell the child they were adopted or some do-gooder

OTM Al
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
These are difficult cases, but there are a couple facts that should be considered before condemning someone in this case

1) The parent did not know because the girl did not tell her
2) Confidentiality is extended to minors by law in this state

Was the girl given bad or incomplete advice? Maybe, I don't know and the article doesn't address that. What is clear is that she herself did not seek the advice of her parent, that she got in the taxi and took it to the clinic and that she went through with the procedure. Neither clinic could legally call the parent, so on that ground, nothing wrong was done under the law. My real and only question is: why didn't she speak with her mother? Seems to me she could have if she wanted to.

boxcar
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
These are difficult cases, but there are a couple facts that should be considered before condemning someone in this case

1) The parent did not know because the girl did not tell her
2) Confidentiality is extended to minors by law in this state

Was the girl given bad or incomplete advice? Maybe, I don't know and the article doesn't address that. What is clear is that she herself did not seek the advice of her parent, that she got in the taxi and took it to the clinic and that she went through with the procedure. Neither clinic could legally call the parent, so on that ground, nothing wrong was done under the law. My real and only question is: why didn't she speak with her mother? Seems to me she could have if she wanted to.

Funny how the other "real and only question", you avoid like the plague. What business does the state have usurping the role of parents in the first place? This is another great example of a very bad law!

Further, how do we know that the teen wasn't encouraged by the law to avoid talking with her parents because she knew that her parents would be opposed to the abortion route? This law could have actually made it easier for the kid to sneak behind her parents' backs. Bad laws, sir, generally encourage bad behavior -- in the same way, as an example, that badly crafted welfare-related laws and programs can only encourage and promote slothfulness, class envy and lust for other people's money.

And finally, with the aid of state via this bad law, it was made a lot easier for this kid to violate the 5th commandment, which interestingly is the first commandment that deals with man's moral duty toward his fellow-man, "Honor thy father and thy mother." So, the law on top of everything else is godless and wicked at its very core.

In conclusion, then, the "real only question" that should be asked is: Why does the state craft wicked laws designed to divide families and usurp parents' authority over their children?

Boxcar

OTM Al
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Who is the state? Last I checked it was the people. It seems a majority must have wanted this law because it exists. Otherwise people would elect those to change the law.

I am not arguing this law here and am not about to. Trying to determine what rights a parent has over a child is one of the most difficult problems faced when applying law. For example, 2000 years ago in Roman society, the father of the family had absolute rights over his family. He owned everything and if his son displeased him, he could have him killed at any age. Some would say parental rights have eroded since then....

You don't like the law, that's just fine. Work to change it. But it wasn't the law that was the reason the girl didn't call her mother.

Tom
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
The state has no right - under any law - to come between a parent and a minor child. This is 100% wrong under ANY circumstances.

boxcar
03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Who is the state? Last I checked it was the people. It seems a majority must have wanted this law because it exists. Otherwise people would elect those to change the law.

Is that right, OTM? Well, what a remarkable revelation. I never knew the Bill of Rights applied to both The People and the State! Even BO knows that it doesn't. :bang: :bang: :bang: :faint: :faint:

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
80 % of Abortions are performed on Black Women.

Another example of soft racism.

The fact that there are over ten states in the Union where the laws allow this is crazy.........

CLOSE PUBLIC SCHOOLS NOW!!!!!!