PDA

View Full Version : cees with dees Report card 3/24

Light
03-25-2010, 01:26 AM
In the first, Punt's Kitty ran her eyeballs out off the Sydney Dutrow claim and she was tons better than the line looks.
She really had trouble gripping the track but still managed to get it done.
Expecting a reasonable price on her and she has two good works in tow since her last.
Right back.

6th

In the second, Bobity Boo stretches out off two sprints exiting key race where the only two thus far that haven't won from that race were Royal Waltz who blew the start and another whose name escapes me put pulled up lame.
Big rider change today as well and looks best with any kind of trip.

5th@ 3/5 Do you really need to waste time explaining why to bet this crap?

In the third, Mendelssohn sat a good trip to repeat winner when runner up in return to route.
Don't ordinarily like horses like this but Zito tends to race them into condition and this one was in desperate need of conditioning in last.
Tighter today with same trip??

3rd @even money Wow, tell me something the tote board doesn't know.

In the fourth, Favorite Colors was deceptively okay in last off the freshening, draws inside with little other speed in the race. Tough from anywhere with alert start.

2nd @ 7/5 7/5? This guy lives on the edge.

In the fifth, huge trainer change on Kid Freud. See Punt's Kitty.
Good thing is, trainers percentages are relatively equal and fail to show the screaming difference between the two.

Last

In the sixth,
Have to take a shot against We're Going Mobile here with Mount Karakorum.
Studart has that feminine touch with alot of these runners and geldings two turn races aren't terrible.Should be right on or at worst close to the pace and will be a giant price.

4th

In the 7th, Dare To Double ships up from Florida with a barn change and Galluscio has done quite well year after year with specifically this type.
Class relief and rail won't hurt either.

Scratched

The 8th is my best bet of the day in South Fourth St.
Adds blinkers today off several trouble trips in a row and holds a distinct class edge on this field.
Lots of pace signed on and look for Chavez to just give this one clear running with a big middle move.

5th

In the last,
I rarely ever pick a first time starter but there are no always and nevers in this game for me.
Adam Rides Again has got to be a runner just for the sake that Pletcher had him with him in Florida with all intent of running against State Breds here.
Son of the late great Cozzene has more of mommy's genes as he isn't gray but still must have ability.

5th

0-8. O.K. there were alot of people singing this guy's praises in the other thread. There were alot of people singing TLG's praises before,but this guy makes TLG look like Pittsburg Phil. Now the only reason I am bringing this up is because I'm tired of this no accountability bull while everyone says how much they benefit from his analysis. If that isn't bull,I dont know what is. This guys spends so much time making a case for odds on horses,my head is spinning like that Exorcist chick and it makes me puke green stuff all over my form. All I had said in the other thread was to drop the line"nothing to beat here" and have some respect for the competition.From these results, I dont think he has a clue what I'm talking about.

And what happens when someone tries to turn him on to a winner:

I'm against I'm A Mosaic Rocker here only because the Miceli barn has quieted down siginificantly after their fastest start in my memory.
Also, Rocker was his lone repeat winner of the meet. Three times the charm, I say no especially since I'm expecting a huge race from Kitty but certainly a factor if she runs back to either of the last two.

Won @ 7/2

I can only shake my head at Ben's handicapping performance. The man claims to make a living from this. :faint:

This is one of the most pathetic pieces of handicapping I have ever seen. Not because he went 0-8. We all do that. But the number of huge chalks he takes and still goes 0-8.

PhantomOnTour
03-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Looks like you showed him dude...that'll fix him but good :rolleyes: :ThmbDown:

HUSKER55
03-25-2010, 06:24 AM
so why read his posts?

better yet, why waste your valuable time?

post your insights instead. I would read it.

Tom
03-25-2010, 07:35 AM
One sure thing here, light, you are truly nothing but a troll and have no class whatsoever.

What a very small, insignificant little person you are.

Tom
03-25-2010, 07:38 AM
light's report card....

0-0-0-0

The alleged handicapper did not strike out, he never made it to the plate. :lol:

timtam
03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
3,307 posts what a waste of space

castaway01
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
One sure thing here, light, you are truly nothing but a troll and have no class whatsoever.

What a very small, insignificant little person you are.

I called him King Troll on the other thread, but I think you said it better.

firstoffclaim
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Ben is a fabulous handicapper who had an off day. This is what happens when someone with strong feelings about the races goes down the dumper. I'd love to see Light make some picks instead of just criticizing others.

HandyKapper
03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cees with dees
In the first, Punt's Kitty ran her eyeballs out off the Sydney Dutrow claim and she was tons better than the line looks.
She really had trouble gripping the track but still managed to get it done.
Expecting a reasonable price on her and she has two good works in tow since her last.
Right back.

6th

Light's Pick - UXVcUVDX

Quote:
In the second, Bobity Boo stretches out off two sprints exiting key race where the only two thus far that haven't won from that race were Royal Waltz who blew the start and another whose name escapes me put pulled up lame.
Big rider change today as well and looks best with any kind of trip.

5th@ 3/5 Do you really need to waste time explaining why to bet this crap?

Light's Pick - <CL<406rDPu^ |O

Quote:
In the third, Mendelssohn sat a good trip to repeat winner when runner up in return to route.
Don't ordinarily like horses like this but Zito tends to race them into condition and this one was in desperate need of conditioning in last.
Tighter today with same trip??

3rd @even money Wow, tell me something the tote board doesn't know.

Light's Pick - 8֘^o

Quote:
In the fourth, Favorite Colors was deceptively okay in last off the freshening, draws inside with little other speed in the race. Tough from anywhere with alert start.

2nd @ 7/5 7/5? This guy lives on the edge.

Light's Pick - Zq u)

Quote:
In the fifth, huge trainer change on Kid Freud. See Punt's Kitty.
Good thing is, trainers percentages are relatively equal and fail to show the screaming difference between the two.

Last

Light's Pick - 𻼬

Quote:
In the sixth,
Have to take a shot against We're Going Mobile here with Mount Karakorum.
Studart has that feminine touch with alot of these runners and geldings two turn races aren't terrible.Should be right on or at worst close to the pace and will be a giant price.

4th

Light's Pick - NYo@"NU

Quote:
In the 7th, Dare To Double ships up from Florida with a barn change and Galluscio has done quite well year after year with specifically this type.
Class relief and rail won't hurt either.

Scratched

Light's Pick - ؾ/(

Quote:
The 8th is my best bet of the day in South Fourth St.
Adds blinkers today off several trouble trips in a row and holds a distinct class edge on this field.
Lots of pace signed on and look for Chavez to just give this one clear running with a big middle move.

5th

Light's Pick - jXJћ𻼬

Quote:
In the last,
I rarely ever pick a first time starter but there are no always and nevers in this game for me.
Adam Rides Again has got to be a runner just for the sake that Pletcher had him with him in Florida with all intent of running against State Breds here.
Son of the late great Cozzene has more of mommy's genes as he isn't gray but still must have ability.

5th
Light's Pick - TTԎS­kDW

SPECIAL OFFER: To purchase Light's exclusive picks decoding software.

Please send payment to:

Light'sOpinion@whogivesacrap.com

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Light's been challenged many times of late to dazzle us, but has come up with excuse after excuse why he is unable to post his selections for any length of time.

All of my offers still stand by the way....

theguarantee
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
This is getting ridiculous. First of all, the argument about "nothing to beat" is so short-sighted as to be laughable. You're trying to act with an air of ultra-intelligence when really it takes the most simple deductive reasoning to translate "nothing to beat" to the more literal, commonly used, "much the best." Of course he doesn't actually think there are no other horses running, he just thinks they don't deserve his respect, much like millions of people saying Rachel was much the best or couldn't lose to the field before Zardana shocked them. If Ben really believed there was no way the horse could lose then he would put every dime he owns on every horse he's ever said that about...obviously he understands there are no locks, it's simply a way to signify the strength of his play. When ZilZal posts picks and says, "looks like a match race between the :3: and :8: is he not saying the same thing? Why don't you follow him around too and criticize him each time he says it and is wrong so another good poster can be offended.
Say what you want about any person who posts picks but there has to be at the least an entertainment/informative angle that comes along with his analysis.
Is he sticking around or done posting? Personally, I hope his thread on today's card at Aqueduct is full of winners and shuts everyone up, particularly Miss Tequila.

tzipi
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Dude, you busting on someone picks? Where's yours? If you don't like him or them, then just don't read his picks. People take time out to do them. So maybe not are all great picks. Who the hell can have all great picks? You just post his picks ansd make fun of them? :ThmbDown: Post yours.

This is just a ridiculous thread IMO.

cees with dees
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
The one thing light failed to mention is the all important statement I made about betting this surface when good and drying out to fast.
I lost yesterday. As a matter of fact, didn't cash a ticket.
Today's another day and I hope I go out of here a winner.
Later guys.
Ben

castaway01
03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
The one thing light failed to mention is the all important statement I made about betting this surface when good and drying out to fast.
I lost yesterday. As a matter of fact, didn't cash a ticket.
Today's another day and I hope I go out of here a winner.
Later guys.
Ben

Listen, you're pretty much the only person who posts picks here and also gives an explanation, which even when incorrect gives new handicappers something to analyze and think about. Don't let Light get to you.

turfnsport
03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
I have probably read a 100 or so posts from Ben, and while I don't have any idea how his picks have done overall, there is always some thoughtful commentary included.

Have I always agreed? Of course not. However, the impression I have is the guy does his homework and is a good handicapper.

So he goes 0 for 8.. Big f--ing deal.

We all have done it, except for Light.

Light
03-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Dude, you busting on someone picks? Where's yours?

I'm not just picking on any dudes posting picks. I'm picking on someone who has is claiming something.

And by the way Light, thanks for the warning. But I've been doing this for a living since 1981 and successfully since 1998.
Ben

My picks are irrelavent. I am not claiming to make a living at this nor do I have zealot fans claiming they are making bank with my picks.

46zilzal
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Light's been challenged many times of late to dazzle us, but has come up with excuse after excuse why he is unable to post his selections for any length of time.

All of my offers still stand by the way....
NO one would expect miracles, just an ongoing array of a way of evaluating races......All might be interested in finding out your method.

alydar
03-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I rarely post comments here, but visit often. During these visits I have read Ben's posts and have found them to be some of the best in the selections section. The posts are infomrative and well thought out. One reason I hesitate to post is the treatment that Ben has seen here.

For some reason people seem to think that manners and respect do not apply on the web. They do.

Light's comments are strange, rude and hard to understand. Why does he feel the need to disparage Ben or anybody.

When I win at the track or when I lose, I keep it to myself, I have nothing to prove to anybody. I wish that were true of others.

Ben keep up the good work, I appreciate your comments. I may not agree with everything, but enjoy reading your outlook.

Relwob Owner
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not just picking on any dudes posting picks. I'm picking on someone who has is claiming something.

My picks are irrelavent. I am not claiming to make a living at this nor do I have zealot fans claiming they are making bank with my picks.

I dont have a dog in this fight and I am sure that you have a ton of history with this guy....I do have to ask-what is the point in starting this thread? Not a rhetorical question, I am really curious.

Jay Trotter
03-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Congratulations Light....you've outdone yourself!

You get my nomination for PA Most Classless Thread of the Year!

First off, I enjoy cees with dees posts because he gives us insight into his selection process which we don't see often enough! Also, he doesn't post so many plays as to be worthless, which we see all to often.

Second, you show yourself to be an egotistical thug who stabs his "friend" in the back for some cheap self-praise by telling us you finished 23rd in the country:

"I finished 23rd in the country in the drf nhc contest last January. That tells me that I know how to handicap better than the vast majority of players."

when your name wasn't even on the entry;

"Yes I was a team with another capper. We split the workload and my picks earned us 10th place after day 1. I had 4 winners and 1 bogus dq. The other guy had 1 winner."

and then you blame him for finishing in only 23rd;

"You're right, I didn't win the qualifier because I was too lazy to go down to the track and play. He put the ticket in and after winning the qualifier asked me to go in with him. Without me,we wouldn't even have finshed 23rd. Without him, I may have done better as 3 tracks I was responsible for in day 2 were scratched. We had to use his picks mostly on day 2 and plumetted to 23rd. He's even apologized to me for f*****g up."

If you would do that to a friend it's no wonder you would make the leap to making cheap attacks on others without having the balls to post some picks of your own. I believe you have many challengers -- so pick up the gauntlet!

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Light
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
.I do have to ask-what is the point in starting this thread? Not a rhetorical question, I am really curious.

As I already stated,my beef is with someone claiming they are raking it in when the evidence shows the contrary.

Light
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Congratulations Light....you've outdone yourself!

You get my nomination for PA Most Classless Thread of the Year!

First off, I enjoy cees with dees posts because he gives us insight into his selection process which we don't see often enough! Also, he doesn't post so many plays as to be worthless, which we see all to often.

Second, you show yourself to be an egotistical thug who stabs his "friend" in the back for some cheap self-praise by telling us you finished 23rd in the country:

"I finished 23rd in the country in the drf nhc contest last January. That tells me that I know how to handicap better than the vast majority of players."

when your name wasn't even on the entry;

"Yes I was a team with another capper. We split the workload and my picks earned us 10th place after day 1. I had 4 winners and 1 bogus dq. The other guy had 1 winner."

and then you blame him for finishing in only 23rd;

"You're right, I didn't win the qualifier because I was too lazy to go down to the track and play. He put the ticket in and after winning the qualifier asked me to go in with him. Without me,we wouldn't even have finshed 23rd. Without him, I may have done better as 3 tracks I was responsible for in day 2 were scratched. We had to use his picks mostly on day 2 and plumetted to 23rd. He's even apologized to me for f*****g up."

If you would do that to a friend it's no wonder you would make the leap to making cheap attacks on others without having the balls to post some picks of your own. I believe you have many challengers -- so pick up the gauntlet!

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

I know it comes accross egotistical but I have alot of respect for my friend as a handicapper and a human being. I've learned some things from him and we have a mature enough relationship that each of us can call the other one on something without the other person feeling a need to get defensive. This maturity and understanding between us is non existent on this board. Like if I lose,I lose. I'm not going to make up excuses. With Cees and TLG,they seem to think they are infallible.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I am not claiming to make a living at this nor do I have zealot fans claiming they are making bank with my picks.WTF are you talking about? Zealot fans?

Man, there is something brewing just under the surface here...between your attacks on TLG and now on CWD...there must be a common denominator here somewhere...I just haven't quite put my finger on it...I hope it's not too ugly...

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2010, 04:48 AM
With Cees and TLG,they seem to think they are infallible.You are indeed as clueless as they come.

You profess to have tracked TLG...obsessed and stalked his every move...but it's obvious you haven't a clue. Anybody watching him on the NYRA feed knows he's the first person to knock himself every now and then. He's the guy who wore a DUNCE cap in public.

Yeah, he thinks he's infallible.

Where do you come up with this BULLSHIT?

Are you simply a total SHAM and FRAUD of a poster? Nothing but a sick hidden agenda?

I'm beginning to think so...

newtothegame
03-26-2010, 05:10 AM
I know it comes accross egotistical but I have alot of respect for my friend as a handicapper and a human being. I've learned some things from him and we have a mature enough relationship that each of us can call the other one on something without the other person feeling a need to get defensive. This maturity and understanding between us is non existent on this board. Like if I lose,I lose. I'm not going to make up excuses. With Cees and TLG,they seem to think they are infallible.

You mention two words in your post that I find relevant to this thread as well as your post. You attack a gentleman who always shows respect. You claim to have maturity...yet your post and constant attacks show something rather disgusting. I certainly wouldnt call it maturity. You should seriously look at those two words and understand their true meaning before you post some of the things you post, then turn around and claim to have both attributes.
I can think of a few other words to describe ya...but those you mentioned arent two of them .....:ThmbDown:

Tom
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
My picks are irrelavent.

Thank you.
I agree 100%.

Light
03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
WTF are you talking about? Zealot fans?

Man, there is something brewing just under the surface here...between your attacks on TLG and now on CWD...there must be a common denominator here somewhere...I just haven't quite put my finger on it...I hope it's not too ugly...

Yes there is a common denominator and I am repeating myself over and over again. I only take issue with posters on this board who are claiming something when the evidence of their claims or their fan's claims points to the contrary.

In TLG's case people were saying how they are making gwap with his picks. TLG backed up his midas touch. I presented evidence to the contrary. As a result I get called everything in the book and am demonized to try to deminish my point of view. A very old trick TLG is still playing. He just finished saying some derogatory remarks about me in the Cees thread.

You have Cees saying he is a professional earning a living from horseracing since 1998. Yet his picks suck as much as TLG's. How do you know this guy bets one dime? How do you know he is not full of crap? When I see someone say "nothing to beat here",I know they are handicapping in a very superficial way. You cant earn a living with that attitude. Remember Anderon? He said he was betting all his picks too including some zillion dollars at one point. That turned out to be total BULL. What about Whobet? His fans claimed they were going to the bank as well. Yet his picks all had losing ROI's. You dont see the "I made gwap from Whobet's picks" on his site. To the contrary,Whobet asks for donations. This from a guy who should be on easy street.

Everyone knows horseplayers love to talk tall.If a player comes here and says he makes gwap and it jives with a winning ROI,how can I dispute that? But when the ROI doesn't jive and his talk doesn't go with his walk,you fault me for pointing it out. The burden of proof regarding their claims is on them. The proof to the contrary is on this board in black and white. I am simply asking how does their claim to fame fit in with the reality of their established losing picks.

kid4rilla
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
So he claims that people make big money on his picks, then your analysis of his selections "proves" otherwise.

You claim that your picks helped some lucky bum who happed to be on your contest team qualify and advance, then his analysis of your picks......oh yeah you don't have any.

Sounds like he's one up on you.

the little guy
03-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't claim anything that Light suggests. He just makes crap up as he goes along.

Listen, there are more than a few members of this board that know exactly where Light's problem eminates from....and it has nothing to do with Horse Racing.

Sad stuff.

thaskalos
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Why should it matter to us whether or not a guy is lying when he says that he is a professional horseplayer? Let's say that he is lying...does that mean we should subject him to public ridicule? If so...then what does that say about us?

JustRalph
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't claim anything that Light suggests. He just makes crap up as he goes along.

Listen, there are more than a few members of this board that know exactly where Light's problem eminates from....and it has nothing to do with Horse Racing.

Sad stuff.

Exactly right..........if you haven't figured it out yet....... I suggest some of you guys look into some past posts by Light...... he has one problem with Andy and it is very much outside of the Horse Racing Lexicon............and it is shameful

Greyfox
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I dont have a dog in this fight and I am sure that you have a ton of history with this guy....I do have to ask-what is the point in starting this thread? Not a rhetorical question, I am really curious.

:ThmbUp: I'll second that motion.

Light
03-26-2010, 03:56 PM
So he claims that people make big money on his picks, then your analysis of his selections "proves" otherwise.

You claim that your picks helped some lucky bum who happed to be on your contest team qualify and advance, then his analysis of your picks......oh yeah you don't have any.

Sounds like he's one up on you.

When you get your facts straight,I'll respond . But for now,you have so many points misconstrued,I dont know where to start.

Light
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM

You're so full of yourself. Do I really have to cut and paste and reshash everything we talked about just to prove it to you?

Sad stuff.

Don't try to scapegoat your flaws by dragging politics into this which you dont even understand. How weak are you that you cannot defend yourself with what's being presented in front of you that you have to resort to political dirt.

I have no idea of Cees nationality or political views. Yet I have the same beef with him as you. Get it through your thick skull and JR's. This has nothing to do with race or politics.

castaway01
03-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Exactly right..........if you haven't figured it out yet....... I suggest some of you guys look into some past posts by Light...... he has one problem with Andy and it is very much outside of the Horse Racing Lexicon............and it is shameful

Can you point me to the thread, perhaps in PM? I was hoping it wasn't what I thought it was but since I've seemingly read 1000 posts about the conflict, it would be good to at least understand it.

kid4rilla
03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah, there is too much going on in this mess.

Why does it have to be a laborious task making points and counterpoints

I don't have any history with each other like you guys do, so my points are simple.

When someone posts their analysis and selections, they should be prepared to deal with it when someone points out when they were wrong. You did that, and I appreciated and enjoyed it, but you are obviously an angry dude.

But, those who critique so harshly should be able to put up or shut up. Can you provide more valuable analysis?

If so, do it!

Those who criticize in hindsight risk very little. You obviously know plenty about the game.

What happened to the old line "He's better than you!"

When I was a kid, we'd argue about our favorite sports players. Even then, the argument had to consider the source.

Examples.....

"Did you see Magic Johnson miss that shot that would have won the game....again?"

"He's better than you" -- (yes he is)

"McHale is terrible, he dunked the ball off the back of the rim and it shot all the way out of bounds"

"Can you even touch the backboard?" -- (I can barely jump a phone book)

It's like John Clayton on the four-letter critiquing the pass rushing style of Julius Peppers. So many talking heads have made it common place to accept that this diminutive little roto-nerd is advising one of the great defenders of recent history how to perform his craft.

So I guess, all I'm saying is......"Can you do better?"

46zilzal
03-26-2010, 05:50 PM
I found cees with dees selections well thought out even if we differ almost every race. There is logic in every one of his evaluations.

JustRalph
03-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Can you point me to the thread, perhaps in PM? I was hoping it wasn't what I thought it was but since I've seemingly read 1000 posts about the conflict, it would be good to at least understand it.

It is what you think it is.........

Saratoga_Mike
03-26-2010, 06:04 PM
It is what you think it is.........

Light is a liberal and Serling is a conservative - and they didn't get along on the political boards? If that's the case, "it" seems blown out of proportion.

Saratoga_Mike
03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm hardly a conservative....I'm way on the other side. But I don't politics here that's for sure.

Sorry, I was trying to figure out what Ralph was talking about.

WinterTriangle
03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
When someone posts their analysis and selections, they should be prepared to deal with it when someone points out when they were wrong.

Why is it necessary to point out they were wrong, since we all have the race results in front of us afterwards? :confused:

I post picks on a lot of sites, but rarely does anyone come behind me and ridicule them.:confused:

Maybe I'm missing the point of selections, I thought it was to help others see something in the race that you saw.

Buckeye
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I have probably read a 100 or so posts from Ben, and while I don't have any idea how his picks have done overall, there is always some thoughtful commentary included.

Have I always agreed? Of course not. However, the impression I have is the guy does his homework and is a good handicapper.

So he goes 0 for 8.. Big f--ing deal.

We all have done it, except for Light.

0 for 8 picking winners one horse? We haven't all EVER done that, Pick 6's would be another story. :) Thank God for math. A little humor here which I hope is appreciated. Look, the guy said some stuff that made little or some or no sense at all, I don't have the time to review it all. So what? Freedom of speech. Something that does not exist everywhere and only here because people died for it. Read the 1st Amendment.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Light is a liberal and Serling is a conservative - and they didn't get along on the political boards? If that's the case, "it" seems blown out of proportion.Not the case...well...except for Light being a liberal...I think...but maybe that isn't even true...

Buckeye
03-26-2010, 08:23 PM
PA,

I understand it is difficult (at times) to maintain order on this board, however, How does that compare with free expression? I say "write em up" while allowing them to learn from what they did wrong. You've deleted many of my posts but so far have not banned me. Tip of my hat to you. Thankfully, you're not selling a product that is "no good" which I can expose, and so we are on exactly the same page! Let this clown speak and IF for some reason he makes a fool of himself so be it.

Buckeye
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
and by the way, if I'm a "clown" for saying this, free speech.

Ok admittedly, there are non 1st Amendment reasons to allow anyone to speak and they have THAT RIGHT to do so.

My own personal opinion is I'm going to come to Saratoga this year and meet you. Looking forward to it.

JustRalph
03-26-2010, 09:18 PM
ok....maybe it's not what you think it is......... :lol:

tzipi
03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Why is it necessary to point out they were wrong, since we all have the race results in front of us afterwards? :confused:

I post picks on a lot of sites, but rarely does anyone come behind me and ridicule them.:confused:

Maybe I'm missing the point of selections, I thought it was to help others see something in the race that you saw.

:ThmbUp: I agree totally. Also why start a thread trashing someones analysis? I posts picks in "selections" too and I never would think someone would start a thread trashing them. I thought it was for fun honestly. I hope people who start threads like that, post their picks too. Hmmm

Light
03-27-2010, 12:26 AM
WinterTriangle/tzipi

Why would I object to you guys picking horses? You are not selling an agenda. You are not claiming to make people rich. You are not claiming to earn a living at the track. You are not belittling the competition for the sake of glorifying your pick. You dont have a cult of drooling fans who insinuate they are ready to quit their day job with your picks. Or pick another agenda. They day you do,you'll probably find me asking you about it.Then it would depend on your reaction. You could end up in denial like TLG and throw dirt at me in order to protect your reputation. Or you could offer to dissappear like Cee's candy man. Both reactions are immature and their overreactions are very revealing.

cees with dees
03-27-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm sorry but enough is enough.
In my lifetime, I've come across a few complete morons. And believe me, complete morons are rare but light, you are above and beyond anyone I've ever known that has a command of the English language, with such a level of ignorance and stupidity that it comes close to the skin heads of america.
There is not one person in this entire community that has any respect for anything you say and you should thank your lucky stars that you can hide your identity behind a computer.
And by the way, about the $500 phone bill. Ever heard of cell phones?? Or maybe you just can't afford one.
Ben

Tom
03-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Great point. If you are going to shoot your mouth off about someone's picks, have the balls to do it before post time. Otherwise, you are a red-boarder.

To bad some see Selections as an opportunity to pretend the know something about racing and have balls. After the fact.
They know who they are.

Tom
03-27-2010, 12:17 PM
WinterTriangle/tzipi

Why would I object to you guys picking horses? You are not selling an agenda. You are not claiming to make people rich. You are not claiming to earn a living at the track. You are not belittling the competition for the sake of glorifying your pick. You dont have a cult of drooling fans who insinuate they are ready to quit their day job with your picks. Or pick another agenda. They day you do,you'll probably find me asking you about it.Then it would depend on your reaction. You could end up in denial like TLG and throw dirt at me in order to protect your reputation. Or you could offer to dissappear like Cee's candy man. Both reactions are immature and their overreactions are very revealing.

So light, how is this different than your pretending to have won great torneys? You are exactly what you claim to be against here. You are a fraud unless you show us proof. A lousy red-boarder, that is you light. A lousy red-boarder.

46zilzal
03-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Lots of days one of many cappers shine over the other,,,that is just the way differing methods play out.

Selections still are not wagers: one can often pick the most logical horses and pass the parimutuels.

WHY in the world would one waste their time in a contest, when the real money is right in front of them at the windows?

njcurveball
03-27-2010, 12:32 PM
WHY in the world would one waste their time in a contest, when the real money is right in front of them at the windows?

You are always good for a laugh! Keep betting 2 horses to win at $3 and $2 and be happy!

Other people like to get a check for $500,000. ;)

http://www.drf.com/nhc/2009/nhc.html

mountainman
03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Say what you want about any person who posts picks but there has to be at the least an entertainment/informative angle that comes along with his analysis.

To some extent, I agree. Certainly an analyst must grasp and touch on basics, but it's an ability to relate things that players may not have considered that makes a synopsis worthwhile. This can involve going the extra mile to provide followers an info-edge, or perhaps spotting something unique about a horse or event that puts things in revealing context. Artful analysis isn't all about picking winners. Most horse's forms have a story to tell. Mediocre analysts simply recite the pp's, good ones bring them to life. It isn't so much that racing analysis should AIM to entertain. It's that entertainment is often a by-product of insightful analysis.

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2010, 01:23 AM
WinterTriangle/tzipi

Why would I object to you guys picking horses? You are not selling an agenda. You are not claiming to make people rich. You are not claiming to earn a living at the track. You are not belittling the competition for the sake of glorifying your pick. You dont have a cult of drooling fans who insinuate they are ready to quit their day job with your picks. Or pick another agenda. They day you do,you'll probably find me asking you about it.Then it would depend on your reaction. You could end up in denial like TLG and throw dirt at me in order to protect your reputation. Or you could offer to dissappear like Cee's candy man. Both reactions are immature and their overreactions are very revealing.You obviously have way too much time on your hands (which means you should be taking me up on my challenge).

Either that, or you're one furlong short of a flat mile...

Lasix67
03-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen....Is this not a Gentlemen's game? I have one suggestion, Kill this Thread and ignore what is becoming a Cancer on this forum. Thanks and good day.

cees with dees
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
To some extent, I agree. Certainly an analyst must grasp and touch on basics, but it's an ability to relate things that players may not have considered that makes a synopsis worthwhile. This can involve going the extra mile to provide followers an info-edge, or perhaps spotting something unique about a horse or event that puts things in revealing context. Artful analysis isn't all about picking winners. Most horse's forms have a story to tell. Mediocre analysts simply recite the pp's, good ones bring them to life. It isn't so much that racing analysis should AIM to entertain. It's that entertainment is often a by-product of insightful analysis.

Now this was a great post!!!
Much to Light's chagrin, Monday's and Tuesday's are my days off but got Palm Sunday as a bonus and Easter coming up.
I think it's hysterical that people think this is such a noble thing that this is how I earn my living.
Believe me, if I had it to do over again and knew then what I know now, I'd of learned how to play poker or studied my ass off to get a good job.
This was fun in my 20's and 30's.
Now I have responsibilities and while limited, there's rent, food, insurance, health insurance, cable, electric and all the stuff everybody else has to pay for.
When you put in time like I do with no guarantee of a paycheck every week, it's very stressful at times.
Big scores are very limited and it's mostly a monthly grind with very few races that I have a very strong opinion either way. And when something comes up like a Miss Tequilla and she loses, it takes the starch out of you and the motivation to look at another card.
One of the only good things NYRA has done in the past 20 years is cut back racing from 6 to five days.
And when they go up to Saratoga, I take that 6 weeks for me and leave the competitive races to the real handicappers.
As far as being a liberal, light is a tad left of Attila the Hun.
Have a great day!!!!
Ben
And remember, as Mick said so perfectly one cold December Evening: December 6 to be exact:
"When it really gets to like the end and we all wanna go absolutely crazy and like jump on each other, then we'll stand up again, you know what I mean?"
No Mick, we don't.......

whobet
04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
This is DAHoSS, in another Alias

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2010, 04:42 AM
This is DAHoSS, in another AliasSay what?

Jay Trotter
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
We have a nice little contest coming up -- The Kentucky Oaks-Derby Challenge -- for Light to display his handicapping abilities! Should be no excuses not to participate! Maybe we can get TLG in on the action too, and "spank" Light!

You obviously have way too much time on your hands (which means you should be taking me up on my challenge).

Either that, or you're one furlong short of a flat mile...