PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA

Foolish Pleasure
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Is there a more ridiculous pseudo gov't agency?>
They violently oppose gambling and yet they are now hosting the single most gambled on event alll year.

They make billions and they still pay the athletes nothing,
and don't tell me about the non transferable asset called an education-
so communist it is like China-take some Yuan out of China and try to spend it and see what happens.

Thanks to title IX they siphon off resources from the money sports to field women's soccer teams.

THe NCAA and it's member schools are the modern day plantation. How they get away with this gross exploitation of mankind is mind numbing.

skate
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh i likes dat, "modern day plantation", come on Cornell-itude.

Tom
03-24-2010, 09:48 PM
The colleges get millions of dollars and the players get a Tee shirt.

BenDiesel26
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Is there a more ridiculous pseudo gov't agency?>
They violently oppose gambling and yet they are now hosting the single most gambled on event alll year.

They make billions and they still pay the athletes nothing,
and don't tell me about the non transferable asset called an education-
so communist it is like China-take some Yuan out of China and try to spend it and see what happens.

Thanks to title IX they siphon off resources from the money sports to field women's soccer teams.

THe NCAA and it's member schools are the modern day plantation. How they get away with this gross exploitation of mankind is mind numbing.

Don't forget video games? Sam Keller is 100% correct in what's he's doing. As a former NCAA athlete, this is the truth. It's exploitation at its finest. I'm on a video game, but it's only "my number", it's not actually me right? The NCAA gets to sell the rights of all player "likenesses" to EA Sports as long as they don't use their names. They more or less own athletes. You're right, they are China.

BenDiesel26
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
The colleges get millions of dollars and the players get a Tee shirt.

You're right. But the colleges take care of the athletes as much as they are allowed per the NCAA. In basketball, they take care of them much more in fact. Their hands are very tied, however. It's the NCAA, not the colleges.

skate
03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Welp, they get a college education, supposidly.

and that's what the students get, except the students pay.

Now if we take away all the Hipe about how great they are and we look at what happens to those that play, we find a shallow life to look forward to, because Too many do not have any skills to make a living with.

OH oh oh yes sure enough, somebody makes $50,000,000 and 735,000 end up in jail.

Players fault, it's their life.