PDA

View Full Version : Lentenor update...

joanied
03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/111625.html

Exerpt:
One notable also-ran officially off the Derby trail is Lentenor, who finished fourth despite angling in sharply under jockey Alan Garcia in early stretch of the Florida Derby.

"Alan said he did something a little green at the top of the stretch," said Michael Matz, who trains Lentenor and trained his older brother Barbaro to win the 2006 Florida Derby and Kentucky Derby. "Alan said he had a lot of horse but when he went to switch leads he sort of rolled over and took him to the inside. After that it just took too much time to get him back in the clear and going again."

Matz said Lentenor would likely return to allowance company in his next start.

"He basically was telling us what we already knew, that he was green and inexperienced going into this race," said Matz. "He really wasn't ready for something like that yet. We'll back off a little, give him a conditioned race, get his confidence back, and hopefully by August we'll have a real nice 3-year-old."

I think if Lentenor had a better rider last Sat. he may have been much closer at the wire...but, that's just my opinion...Matz is doing the right thing with this colt, as he does with all his horses, and I can't wait until Lentenor gets educated and isn't a green colt anymore...I beleive we'll see him take down some Stakes races later in the year. He IS a talented colt.

bisket
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
thats exactly what i thought i'd hear after that race. august? travers? :ThmbUp:

Space Monkey
03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Letanor/Uptowncharlybrown exacta!!! :cool: My prediction in the Haskill, not the Travers. :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
What did Garcia do wrong?