PDA

View Full Version : Question About Usage

Pell Mell
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
I just got a notice from my internet server that there is going to be a rate increase based on usage.
As far as I am able to understand, to stay at the price I now pay I would be in the bottom tier. The tiers are segregated by monthly usage: 10GB, 30GB, 60GB, 85GB, 115GB. I have no idea what my usage is.
The info they sent said tier 1 is good for email, basic surfing, online banking, etc.
Tier 2 is good for multimedia focused browsing in addition to the basic

I don't know what the hell they are talking about but it looks to me that I will be socked for more money and in addition, in order to go to the higher levels of service I would have to buy new equipment.

All I do on the net is download PPs, send some emails and visit a few forums. I do watch the racing videos but only for a few minutes at a time.

So my question is; what can I do with 10GB a month?

JustRalph
03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
call them and ask them what your usage was last month........

they should be able to tell you............then take it from there

CBedo
03-23-2010, 02:09 AM
Most isps have your usage somewhere on your account page, but if not call them. If that doesn't work, there are a number of freeware net usage meters. Netmeter comes to mind if I'm not mistaken. If you aren't streaming much video, my guess is that you will be fine in the lower tier. I watch how much my usage when I travel since i have a cap on my wireless broadband card. I use the heck out of it and rarely come anywhere near the caps.