PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Boss

Granite
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
CEO of Churchill Downs William C. Carstanjen was featured the show Undercover Boss. He did everything but consider how to improve things for the horse player.
Did anyone see this?
Did anyone think he should have considered what the bettors might like to see?

Horseplayersbet.com
03-22-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67789

Granite
03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes, I see that there is a thread, but only one poster 46Z talks about the bettor.

DJofSD
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
CEO of Churchill Downs William C. Carstanjen was featured the show Undercover Boss. He did everything but consider how to improve things for the horse player.
Did anyone see this?
Did anyone think he should have considered what the bettors might like to see?
He's not the bettor's boss.

Horseplayersbet.com
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes, I see that there is a thread, but only one poster 46Z talks about the bettor.
http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/03/undercover-bettor.html

Granite
03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
He's not the bettor's boss.

Whether you bettors realize it or not, the majority of you are employees of the track. Like it or not.

rastajenk
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
:confused: Try that again?

Granite
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM
:confused: Try that again?

It does require a little thought. Think about it.

Johnny V
03-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Whether you bettors realize it or not, the majority of you are employees of the track. Like it or not.
We are customers, and should be considered valued customers, and as in any business that wants to grow and prosper, the race tracks are supposed to cater to their customers, not treat them like second class citizens. Without customers, no racing. They should be painfully aware of this by now.

Granite
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
We are customers, and should be considered valued customers, and as in any business that wants to grow and prosper, the race tracks are supposed to cater to their customers, not treat them like second class citizens. Without customers, no racing. They should be painfully aware of this by now.
Correct, but you are treated like an employee or slave.

rastajenk
03-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Still not buying into whatever you're selling. Do you equate employment with slavery? Is it the poor treatment that makes us employees? Are they providing me a uniform? Telling me when to be there, when I can leave?

Granite
03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Still not buying into whatever you're selling. Do you equate employment with slavery? Is it the poor treatment that makes us employees? Are they providing me a uniform? Telling me when to be there, when I can leave?

Well you get more of it than I gave you credit for. In answer to all of your questions. YES!

DJofSD
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh, OK, I get it now. A fish is the same as a bicycle.

DJofSD
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
For those that can not tell the difference between an employee and a customer, I guess they're still confused about the situation with Tiger Woods. He's had sexual relations with multiple women. So, what's the difference between his wife and a whore? They're all women and he had his sexual cravings satisfied. Employee, customer, wife, whore -- they're all the same, right?

JustRalph
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I just watched this show with the Churchill Downs prez

On demand on my new cable was nice.

This show was a joke. Clichéd crap. Just like the other episodes I have seen. He finds a couple of people to hang out with for a few days and they get rewarded for being on TV. The Waste Management guy was OK on his episode, but the producers are obviously selling "heart warming stories" about employees and nothing else. This Churchill guy is a friggin Lawyer who didn't even know how the trainers get paid? Right............?

If he mentioned spreadsheets and Power point presentations one more time I was going to jump out a window. The bullshit meeting with the board acting all concerned about him was stupid and childish.

Funny how they always seem to find some employee with a missing kidney or a daughter who just died to pair him with. It's crap..........and more Crap !!!

Tom
03-22-2010, 09:13 PM
I liked the one last night...the CEO of ICG got FIRED on his first day at a shipping center! :blush::lol: