PDA

View Full Version : Does The House Rules Committee Post Here?

NJ Stinks
03-21-2010, 07:56 PM
From the Washington Post website:

Republicans gave sour denunciations of the health-care bill. Rep. Dave Camp (Mich.), the ranking Republican on the Ways and Means Committee, proclaimed that Americans "don't want the federal government involved in personal health care" -- a claim that would seem to rule out Medicare.

Slaughter, in turn, accused one of the Republicans of trying to abolish Medicare, while Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) offered his view that the Republican "prescription for health care was 'Take two tax breaks and call me in the morning.' "

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Tex.) told McGovern that he should "be embarrassed" about the high insurance premiums in his home state. McGovern retorted that Massachusetts is "paying for people in Texas" who don't have insurance.

Rep. Pete Sessions (Tex.), head of the House Republicans' 2010 campaign effort, vowed to change things "next year, when we're in the majority." Soon after that, he announced, "I'm a 'no' vote" and walked out of the room.

"I was going to put you as 'undecided,' " McGovern retorted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/20/AR2010032003224.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2010032001699

Tom
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
The only think bi-partisan about this thing is opposition to it.
States are already lining up with court challenges, and Mark Levine has filed suit. Time for the states to stand up and be counted. The fed has over-stepped it's authority and it must be batted back, by whatever it takes.

I favor leaving the union and have for quite a while. I see the USA as hopelessly diluted and beyond saving. The holocaust is about to be reborn here and I cannot in good faith support any part of it. I am not alone. Passage of this bill makes allegiance to the USA impossible.

jballscalls
03-21-2010, 08:17 PM
tom, one of the guys just said that in his speech!!! word for word practically.

i think the republicans are coming off bad in this thing, i didnt realize how old they all were. mccain is practically the youngest one!~

Tom
03-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Old enough to remember the first time we fought the nazis and the communists. Old enough to know the current president is a re-run of those days.

HUSKER55
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I think we are going to hear a giant sucking sound and factories close and move out of the US

What do you think?

Me, I may have to take spanish as a second language

Robert Goren
03-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Old enough to remember the first time we fought the nazis and the communists. Old enough to know the current president is a re-run of those days. I am not that old, but my dad told me that the communists were fighting the NAZIs at same time as he was.

Robert Goren
03-22-2010, 12:31 AM
I think we are going to hear a giant sucking sound and factories close and move out of the US

What do you think?

Me, I may have to take spanish as a second languageHumm, the illegals returning to Mexico to get a job. I guess not all unintended consequences are bad. ;)