PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday at Aqueduct

cees with dees
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
In the first, Punt's Kitty ran her eyeballs out off the Sydney Dutrow claim and she was tons better than the line looks.
She really had trouble gripping the track but still managed to get it done.
Expecting a reasonable price on her and she has two good works in tow since her last.
Right back.
In the second, Bobity Boo stretches out off two sprints exiting key race where the only two thus far that haven't won from that race were Royal Waltz who blew the start and another whose name escapes me put pulled up lame.
Big rider change today as well and looks best with any kind of trip.
In the third, Mendelssohn sat a good trip to repeat winner when runner up in return to route.
Don't ordinarily like horses like this but Zito tends to race them into condition and this one was in desperate need of conditioning in last.
Tighter today with same trip??
In the fourth, Favorite Colors was deceptively okay in last off the freshening, draws inside with little other speed in the race. Tough from anywhere with alert start.
In the fifth, huge trainer change on Kid Freud. See Punt's Kitty.
Good thing is, trainers percentages are relatively equal and fail to show the screaming difference between the two.
In the sixth,
Have to take a shot against We're Going Mobile here with Mount Karakorum.
Studart has that feminine touch with alot of these runners and geldings two turn races aren't terrible.
Should be right on or at worst close to the pace and will be a giant price.
In the 7th, Dare To Double ships up from Florida with a barn change and Galluscio has done quite well year after year with specifically this type.
Class relief and rail won't hurt either.
The 8th is my best bet of the day in South Fourth St.
Adds blinkers today off several trouble trips in a row and holds a distinct class edge on this field.
Lots of pace signed on and look for Chavez to just give this one clear running with a big middle move.
In the last,
I rarely ever pick a first time starter but there are no always and nevers in this game for me.
Adam Rides Again has got to be a runner just for the sake that Pletcher had him with him in Florida with all intent of running against State Breds here.
Son of the late great Cozzene has more of mommy's genes as he isn't gray but still must have ability.
Of those that have run, Showme Zealous and Steal the Shot are obvious but looking for the latter on the main track. Usually a time for Schosberg to heat up.
Good luck all.
Ben

slew101
03-22-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm going for the hat trick on No. 4 I'm A Mosaic Rocker. Kinda fell into the win last out with a longshot tiring late, but still might be sharp enough for 3 in a row. Will play with Punt's Kitty, but I expect her to be overbet.

[QUOTE=cees with dees]In the first, Punt's Kitty ran her eyeballs out off the Sydney Dutrow claim and she was tons better than the line looks.
Expecting a reasonable price on her and she has two good works in tow since her last.
Right back.

JustRalph
03-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Looks like lots of chalk to me......but hell, we are still over a day out , before scratches and weather. The early races look chalky. Just for fun.........

In order of preference

Race 7
:3: :1: :4:

Race 8
*:2: :3: :7:
*This horse is either in a photo for win, or way way back :lol:
I just like him coming into form off a win, but hate the stretch out. I like the pace numbers against this crowd. Can he hang on? Probably not....short money only, but I would put him on some tickets.

Race 9
:1: :5: :4:

HUSKER55
03-23-2010, 05:38 AM
thanks for the post. I always enjoy reading your take on the races.
:ThmbUp:

cees with dees
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=slew101]I'm going for the hat trick on No. 4 I'm A Mosaic Rocker. Kinda fell into the win last out with a longshot tiring late, but still might be sharp enough for 3 in a row. Will play with Punt's Kitty, but I expect her to be overbet.

I'm against I'm A Mosaic Rocker here only because the Miceli barn has quieted down siginificantly after their fastest start in my memory.
Also, Rocker was his lone repeat winner of the meet. Three times the charm, I say no especially since I'm expecting a huge race from Kitty but certainly a factor if she runs back to either of the last two.
Good luck,
Ben

cees with dees
03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Looks like lots of chalk to me......but hell, we are still over a day out , before scratches and weather. The early races look chalky. Just for fun.........

In order of preference

Race 7
:3: :1: :4:

Race 8
*:2: :3: :7:
*This horse is either in a photo for win, or way way back :lol:
I just like him coming into form off a win, but hate the stretch out. I like the pace numbers against this crowd. Can he hang on? Probably not....short money only, but I would put him on some tickets.

Race 9
:1: :5: :4:

Ralph, be wary of anything coming from Maryland as they all race on adjunct lasix which enhances the drug so Night, especially off the big win there is an easy toss for me.
As for Early Response, God bless if you get him home. Price will be right for sure.
And in the last, if the Pletcher firster doesn't show up, either Kazamias piece is eligible, especially the 1a.
Thanks for the post.
Ben

JustRalph
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Ralph, be wary of anything coming from Maryland as they all race on adjunct lasix which enhances the drug so Night, especially off the big win there is an easy toss for me.
As for Early Response, God bless if you get him home. Price will be right for sure.
And in the last, if the Pletcher firster doesn't show up, either Kazamias piece is eligible, especially the 1a.
Thanks for the post.
Ben

Thanks for the tip.... :ThmbUp:

the little guy
03-23-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm against I'm A Mosaic Rocker here only because the Miceli barn has quieted down siginificantly after their fastest start in my memory.

Being that I'm a Mosaic Rocker is the only horse to have won a race for Miceli since January 14th I don't understand how this is relevent. The barn did start out hot, but has only won with this horse over the last 2 1/2 months.

Thanks for the post.
Ben

Clearly Early Response has next to no chance, after beating a very weak bunch on a super gold rail last time, but as for the rest....

" either Kazamias " horse is specifically NOT " eligible " as #1 Zealous Boy is hardly eligible having broken his maiden in Saturday's 10th race.

And, why exactly should we be overly scared of a first time starter sired by Cozzene in a 6F race?

cees with dees
03-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Because as I posted earlier, it's not a Gray Cozzene so likely has more of mom's blood and the fact that Pletcher kept a NY bred with him knowing he was going to race in NY and not Florida I think is very significant.
Also, I've never been much of a breeding guy except for a few very specific angles, the biggest, Gray Cozzene's on the turf.
Plus, I'm bred to be a dancing attorney. Go figure!!
Ben

castaway01
03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm going for the hat trick on No. 4 I'm A Mosaic Rocker. Kinda fell into the win last out with a longshot tiring late, but still might be sharp enough for 3 in a row. Will play with Punt's Kitty, but I expect her to be overbet.

[QUOTE=cees with dees]In the first, Punt's Kitty ran her eyeballs out off the Sydney Dutrow claim and she was tons better than the line looks.
Right back.

Nice call on I'm a Mosaic Rocker...it was a nose but you got the win. Hope you cashed.

slew101
03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Pretty game victory. Thought the 3 was going to run right by her in deep stretch but did she ever dig in. She was 5-2 a minute before post and went to 7-2.

[QUOTE=slew101]Nice call on I'm a Mosaic Rocker...it was a nose but you got the win. Hope you cashed.