PDA

View Full Version : How to stiff a favorite at Gulfstream with John Velazquez

Chicken Handler
03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Yesterday in the Florida Derby, anyone that knows anything about horse racing, what Johnny V did was no excuse.

This man took the extreme favorite and guns him like a quarter horse for the first half mile.

Then, he gets the lead in the stretch and quits riding so longshots can get into the exacta and create big payoffs and carryovers.

Playing games with the public money?? Give me a break!

Brogan
03-21-2010, 02:34 PM
23.21 / 46.46 isn't much for a Q-horse...not to mention a T-bred

Mineshaft
03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Yesterday in the Florida Derby, anyone that knows anything about horse racing, what Johnny V did was no excuse.

This man took the extreme favorite and guns him like a quarter horse for the first half mile.

Then, he gets the lead in the stretch and quits riding so longshots can get into the exacta and create big payoffs and carryovers.

Your clueless

The horse is a speed and need to lead horse. Couple that with this was the longest race in which this horse has run into yet and your probably going to get a very tired horse which he was.

joanied
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Your clueless

The horse is a speed and need to lead horse. Couple that with this was the longest race in which this horse has run into yet and your probably going to get a very tired horse which he was.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Hanover1
03-21-2010, 04:13 PM

A stiff job on a Pletcher mount in a G1 for $750,000?? Smoke some more dude....BTW, how much did ya lose hammerin away on a chalk?? :lol:

andymays
03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe Chicken Handler is just "strokin" the board?

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s**t! And that's a fact!

johnhannibalsmith
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Yes.

andymays
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes.

John, your a smart guy and a credit to the board.

Except when you disagree with me! Just kidding. :lol:

Stillriledup
03-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Your clueless

I think the OP's gripe is that Pletcher was quoted (i believe) as saying this is NOT a 'need the lead' type, and that he can rate if need be.

Why did JV not rate this horse if Pletcher said he's rateable?

andymays
03-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I think the OP's gripe is that Pletcher was quoted (i believe) as saying this is NOT a 'need the lead' type, and that he can rate if need be.

There was nothing to indicate that he was rateable.

If Nakatani wasn't such a "loose cannon" and didn't send his horse (closer) to the lead the favorite would have won easlily in my opinion.

Stillriledup
03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
There was nothing to indicate that he was rateable.

If Nakatani wasn't such a "loose cannon" and didn't send his horse (closer) to the lead the favorite would have won easlily in my opinion.

Pletcher is the trainer and he said the horse can rate.

andymays
03-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Pletcher is the trainer and he said the horse can rate.

It wouldn't be the first time a trainer lied to the public.

I'm sure the owners believed that. Wasn't it WinStar? I've had a few board battles with Bill Casner who is a synthetic advocate. ;)

Karma. ;)

Maybe. :D

the little guy
03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Fine first post by Chicken Handler ( who I would bet $10K we've seen before ).

I look forward to more of his work....which we may well never see.

Charlie D
03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Mmm, Looks to me like OP is on a fishing expedition at PA

Betfair forum member has lost his/her way perhaps.

andymays
03-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Mmm, Looks to me like OP is on a fishing expedition at PA

Betfair forum member has lost his/her way perhaps.

It's got Del Mar written all over it. But then again they have too much class right?

Wrong!

Show Me the Wire
03-21-2010, 04:48 PM

In the pre-race interview, JV said he wasn't rating and that he was taking the lead. He further stated if someone else wanted the lead they would have to go very fast.

Charlie D
03-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Where ever he/she orginates Andy you must give credit as he/she seems to have caught a few nice ones :D

andymays
03-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Where ever he/she orginates Andy you must give credit as he/she seems to have caught a few nice ones :D

Charlie, I'm not getting it but it's ok. I'll give credit to anyone you tell me to as long as its not Stronach or the CHRB.

joanied
03-21-2010, 06:52 PM

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s**t! And that's a fact!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

big frank
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
It amazes me how some horseplayers see things. John V is going to '' stiff ' a horse in the Florida Derby for Todd Pletcher ! :confused:

Igeteven
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Chicken Handler

GO BACK TO THE DEL MAR FORUM AND CHAT ROOM, YOU ARE WORTHLESS, THE FORUM OVER THERE IS DEAD AND SO JOIN THE GROUP AGAIN

I WILL REPEAT THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN WHEN YOU POST.

Deepsix
03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
??? I'm not sure why this post gets Igeteven uptight??? Need more info!!

tzipi
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
23.21 / 46.46 isn't much for a Q-horse...not to mention a T-bred

I agree. How are those suicide fractions and Johhny V throwing the race? Plus as someone said, why would johnny V purposely knock out a Pletcher horse? Maybe he had good money on the horse and he's just mad. We've all been there. But Johnny didn't stiff the horse.

pandy
03-21-2010, 11:03 PM
It was the Florida Derby with a $750,000 purse, who are you, Oliver Stone? The horse is a proven front runner and Gulfstream is a favoring track, what is he supposed to do take back?

Robert Goren
03-22-2010, 12:38 AM
I am not sure either way that it was a stiff job. But just because it is a big race doesn't mean a horse can't get stiffed. If the right people make "an offer they can not refuse", the horse gets stiffed.

hazzardm
03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
??? I'm not sure why this post gets Igeteven uptight??? Need more info!!

IMHO, Lester is responsible for dmff demise.

46zilzal
03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I am not sure either way that it was a stiff job. But just because it is a big race doesn't mean a horse can't get stiffed. If the right people make "an offer they can not refuse", the horse gets stiffed.
Just give a horse easy access to all the water it wants and a larger than normal ration of food and guess what? It won't run as well just like anyone after a big meal.

bisket
03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
rule did in this race exactly what he did in every other race.

Roy C
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
IMHO, Lester is responsible for dmff demise.

100% true