PDA

View Full Version : quote of the day

ljb
07-10-2003, 07:44 PM
What could be more cynical and impeachable than fabricating a threat of rogue nations or terrorists acquiring nuclear weapons and using that to sell a war?
-- Robert Scheer

Tom
07-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ljb
What could be more cynical and impeachable than fabricating a threat of rogue nations or terrorists acquiring nuclear weapons and using that to sell a war?
-- Robert Scheer

What could be? how about a congress that backed the war, and now sees an opportunity for political gain by second guessing?
That sound pretty vile to me.

ljb
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Tom you forgot to mentioned it was a republican controlled congress.

Lefty
07-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Not by much. Since the tutncoat Jeffers jumped ship Daschle seems to be one with all the power. And you stll don't want to recognize the fact that Clinton and most of the Demos in Congress concurred with the conclusion that Sadaam had to go and to try and pin a lie on this adminiatration is dishonesty of the highest level by you and your fellow liberals.

ljb
07-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Lefty's word
"not by much"
I had a horse yesterday that lost by the same amount. Still counts as a lose.
Oh and the lie has been pinned on George Tenet by the administration.
Bush's gang sez "the buck stops at the cia."

Tom
07-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom you forgot to mentioned it was a republican controlled congress.

I don't I have posted very many thing complimentarty of either side of the aisle in congress. I don't see a lot of differences between them-all are money-grubbing leeches that are out of touch with this country. Just look at the HUGE expense being incurred by a visitors center underground-totally ridiculous.
Where are all the outcries over projects like this one?
"Worse unemployment in 9 years! How can they justifiy this expense!"

Tom
07-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Lefty's word
"not by much"
I had a horse yesterday that lost by the same amount. Still counts as a lose.
Oh and the lie has been pinned on George Tenet by the administration.
Bush's gang sez "the buck stops at the cia."

This whole thing smell bad to me. I hope GWB has the sense to address the nation and tell the whole story about this. I do not think this is the big deal it is being made out to be, though. Tony Blair maintains that he has other sources of intelligence that verify the fact that Sadamm was trying to buy uranium? I don't know. Was it known in January that this was not true? I don't know. An explanation is requried. but take that one sentence out of the State of the Union and the messag eis still clear - Iraq was a threat..

Lefty
07-12-2003, 12:25 PM
ljb, horse race analogy not even close. A lot of things in congress have to have a two thirds vote.
Tenet absolutely had the responsibility of reading that speech and striking out anything untrue from an intelligence viewpoint. I'm sick and tired of you guys fabricating gremlins where there are none. Tony Blair stands behind his assertion and good for him. If intelligence was mistaken it is best to have erred on side of caution. If we had done nothing and Sadaam had created another 9-11 you same guys would want GWB lynched.
If Clinton had erred on the side of caution and arrested Bin Laden when he had the chance 9-11 might well have never happened and then you libs would still be makin' dumb jokes about GWB.
Get ready to cry cause he can't be beaten into submission by you libs and he can't be beaten in next election. Bring on that liar Hillary, or the real "dumbass" Howard Dean!

ljb
07-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Lefty,
Nice try at spinning but it did not take a two thirds vote to approve of the administration's Iraq action.
And there you go again!
Clinton has been out of office for years, the mess we are in is soley the responsibility of the current administration and the republican controlled legislative branch.
We MUST throw these bums out before we become a second or third world country.

ljb
07-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Tom's words
" I don't I have posted very many thing complimentarty of either side of the aisle in congress. I don't see a lot of differences between them-all are money-grubbing leeches that are out of touch with this country. Just look at the HUGE expense being incurred by a visitors center underground-totally ridiculous.
Tom I agree with you totally here.

JustRalph
07-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Tony Blair maintains that he has other sources of intelligence that verify the fact that Sadamm was trying to buy uranium? I don't know.

They don't tell us half of what they know.........and they only tell us enough to get our approval for political reasons. If we knew everything that was going on, many would never leave the house. :cool:

B. Comin'
07-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Clinton has been out of office for years, the mess we are in is soley the responsibility of the current administration and the republican controlled legislative branch.
We MUST throw these bums out before we become a second or third world country. [/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: We already became a 3rd wrld. country under Clinton. You deserve to be drawed for the moment, but the quatering should be delayed, cause your an A**FH. (ACRONYM is suitable ONLY in a politikal sense)

Tom
07-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ljb
" Tom I agree with you totally here.

Hey, I think you want a hole in DC, drop a couple of bunker busters. Probably do more good than the ones we dropped on Sadaam :rolleyes:

B. Comin'
07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Bunk Busters would make my 'dropping unemployment 'idea less effective.

It would not employ enuff people going about it that way.