PDA

View Full Version : 35 cities suffer unemployment above 15%

ElKabong
03-20-2010, 04:33 PM
With unemployment so high, why is the current administration running a 12 month long full court press on "health care reform" even tho there's no reform? Why hasn't this administration attacked our #1 problem?

We're being sold down the river. Plain and simple.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/19/news/economy/metro_unemplyoment_January/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Unemployment rates continue to rise, with the majority of U.S. metropolitan areas showing an increase in January, according to a government report.

In fact, there were 35 metropolitan areas with unemployment rates at or above 15% in January. California and Michigan remain the hardest hit, with 19 cities in California showing rates above 15%, according to the Labor Department. Michigan logged the next highest number, with 6.

snip-

Foolish Pleasure
03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I would like someone to explain how 90% of these cities are under the same corrupt big gov't liberalism program for 60yrs and none of them ever get better.

The best they can do is hope to hang on to what they have.

It makes me sick to my stomach for these people, they are basically wards to modern day political plantation owners. The crime, the poverty, the quality of education of daily life, the single parent households, the genuine lack of resource to get ahead to the point where one has to be exceptional so as to not succomb to gov't slavery.

Vast majorities of the urban poor are hard working well intended individuals who are forced to watch as their leaders line their own pockets vs creating legitimate and fruitful opportunities-in a country like ours,

where uneducated people who can barely speak the language with lint in their pockets become successful tax paying citizens while you have generations of US educated folks who become slaves to the machine it is just one of the saddest things on earth.

NJ Stinks
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
With unemployment so high, why is the current administration running a 12 month long full court press on "health care reform" even tho there's no reform? Why hasn't this administration attacked our #1 problem?

I'll take a shot at this one. In case you missed it, Elkabong, not one Republican voted for healthcare reform. From that one may deduce that the window of opportunity to pass any meaningful healthcare reform was a narrow one at best. Obviously, Dems felt longterm healthcare reform was a bigger priority in this country than short-term unemployment issues. It was a tough call but I believe the Dems got it right. And it goes without saying that the Party of No only delayed any meaningful healthcare reform at every turn. Hence, the length of time needed to get something done.

Your statement that "there's no reform" confuses me. If there is indeed no reform why are Republicans and conservatives convinced the sky has fallen? :confused:

Foolish Pleasure
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Reform=30million people the insureds already used to pay for,
now being paid for by the same insureds with some gov't agency taking a cut.

Higher prices, less availability for 90% of the country.

I am not sure why anyone complicates it beyond the above because it isn't more complicated than the above.

Who paid for them when they were uninsured? The insured-who else?
WHo is paying for them now? The insured-who else?

Whats the difference? The uninsured are going to pay less, the insureds more and the goverment will take a cut.

A 3rd grader gets this.

Tom
03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
This bill will do four things:

Raise taxes
Lower HC quality
Kill babies
Kill jobs

A better bill could have been hammered out in two weeks.....had HC improvement been the goal, but it was not.

46zilzal
03-22-2010, 03:16 PM
This bill will do four things:

Raise taxes
Lower HC quality
Kill babies
Kill jobs

A better bill could have been hammered out in two weeks.....had HC improvement been the goal, but it was not.
Why would one expect any less delusional a response?

Tom
03-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Why would one expect any less delusional a response?

I made 4 points.
Pick two and explain where I am wrong.
You typical no-brain replies always fail to address any facts.
Maybe your sister can answer for you?

NJ Stinks
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Reform=30million people the insureds already used to pay for,
now being paid for by the same insureds with some gov't agency taking a cut.

Higher prices, less availability for 90% of the country.

I am not sure why anyone complicates it beyond the above because it isn't more complicated than the above.

Who paid for them when they were uninsured? The insured-who else?
WHo is paying for them now? The insured-who else?

Whats the difference? The uninsured are going to pay less, the insureds more and the goverment will take a cut.

A 3rd grader gets this.

I hope a third grader understands better than you do, Foolish Pleasure.

Try remembering the benefits below for future reference:

1. Bans insurers from denying coverage on the basis of pre-existing conditions - including coverage for children

2. Bans lifetime dollar limits on health policies

3. Bans cancelling a health insurance policy when a policyholder becomes sick

4. Parents can keep offspring on the health insurance policies three more years than currently allowed

5. A new high-risk pool will offer coverage to uninsured people with medical problems until 2014 when coverage expansion in the bill expands

6. Lose your job and you no longer lose your health insurance

As for "the goverment will take a cut", are you implying that the government is going to make money off this health reform bill somehow? :confused:

JustRalph
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I would like someone to explain how 90% of these cities are under the same corrupt big gov't liberalism program for 60yrs and none of them ever get better.

It makes me sick to my stomach for these people, they are basically wards to modern day political plantation owners. The crime, the poverty, the quality of education of daily life, the single parent households, the genuine lack of resource to get ahead to the point where one has to be exceptional so as to not succomb to gov't slavery.

Vast majorities of the urban poor are hard working well intended individuals who are forced to watch as their leaders line their own pockets vs creating legitimate and fruitful opportunities-in a country like ours,

where uneducated people who can barely speak the language with lint in their pockets become successful tax paying citizens while you have generations of US educated folks who become slaves to the machine it is just one of the saddest things on earth.

This is one of my pet peeves. I wonder why more people don't ask this question.

Because they are brainwashed to follow the massive machine known as the Democratic Party. Their saviors will pull them through. I have much knowledge of these situations having spent many years in Law Enforcement and watching how the inner city has been abandoned. That is another point that nobody ever makes. Minorities stranded in these inner city hell holes were basically abandoned long ago. The Dem/Lib leaders look out over the inner city and see it as a Kingdom in which they control. The corrupt management is institutional and in most bigger cities is handed down through the ruling families. Forty years of corruption. From basic White Flight to inner City Busing of School Children, those happy Liberal Judges who thought they were helping, might as well have been building walls around the inner city.

Do you think it is a coincidence that Jesse Jackson's family is now rich? Do you think that every decent size inner city having a ruling family is coincidence? Nope......Look at Detroit.......that family reaches to the halls of Congress. Another example is Charlie Rangel? You think he wants to improve the lives of his subjects? Nope....he lounges on a beach while they throw quarters into his fundraising pot to keep him in power.

Minorities have been abandoned long ago, and that is perfectly fine with their leaders. That allows them to rule. While millions of affluent people drive by on the freeways, these people live a life thinking that they are being true to "their people" and they will tell you so. They refuse to cooperate with police or anybody else who could really make their lives better. Because it would be betraying the cause, the expectation that they are brought up with. Escape to the Burbs is not in their vocabulary. They live and die on the dole or struggle through life with a chip on their shoulder because they can't escape and it's the freeway dwellers fault. I have seen it in every part of the country. Always the same.

The soft racism practiced by the Dems and the so called "minority leaders" is the reason. Minorities will never escape the inner city. And they apparently aren't smart enough to figure it out. As a group that is. We all get what we deserve.

This isn't just a black thing either. It also encompasses the Hispanics who are now in competition with the black community for resources. Hispanics have different motivations, but the result is the same. At least until the Hispanics get enough money in their pocket........then they move on. I have seen that as fact over the last few years. The Hispanics have surpassed the black community in a very short period of time.

Foolish Pleasure
03-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I hope a third grader understands better than you do, Foolish Pleasure.

Try remembering the benefits below for future reference:

1. Bans insurers from denying coverage on the basis of pre-existing conditions - including coverage for children

who paid for these people before? themselves and the insureds? Who is paying now? The unisureds less, the insureds more and the gov't is going to take a cut to make sure it is administered correctly.

2. Bans lifetime dollar limits on health policies

who paid for these people before? themselves and the insureds? Who is paying now? The unisureds less, the insureds more and the gov't is going to take a cut to make sure it is administered correctly.

3. Bans cancelling a health insurance policy when a policyholder becomes sick

4. Parents can keep offspring on the health insurance policies three more years than currently allowed-

yes it is great 26yos are now considered children by law,

5. A new high-risk pool will offer coverage to uninsured people with medical problems until 2014 when coverage expansion in the bill expands

6. Lose your job and you no longer lose your health insurance

As for "the goverment will take a cut", are you implying that the government is going to make money off this health reform bill somehow?

No creating mass gov't to administer and regulate is not them taking a cut-
it is something else entirely-

just don't ask any 3rd graders-

you not changing the unbelievably simplistic truth.

lesser more expensive care for 90% to accomplish what?
the uninsureds paying less, the insureds paying more and the gov't taking a cut to make sure it all goes down according to plan.

Foolish Pleasure
03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Healthcare costs like higher education costs never stop going up and the single biggest reason why is the federal government is the largest consumer of both in the country-saddle the industries with never ending perpetuites of fake demand then wonder why nobody can afford anything.

Just ludicrous.

Have some more kool aid comrade

and take a shot at the gambling, morals thread,

I am just dying to know how you can gamble to try and win money from the obviously uninsured. So you can then take money from me and other prosperous individuals to pay the insurance? all the while creating more government along the way?

Does it make you feel good that your liberal social science experiments from quotas, to promoting high birth rates of those least able to parent,

to the revolving door justice system,

and the watered down education system,

tossed in with creating endless diseases and conditions to excuse people from their behavior and drug them for life-

have completely annihilated this country?

the important thing is do the big gov't liberals feel good about themselves,
cause that is the bottomline here-they helping nobody and dragging down everyone one on earth-so please at least feel good about yourself.

ArlJim78
03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
All these big programs fail miserably. Then they come back crying that we need to do more, need to spend more. The solution always involves spending more, and as we spend more the underlying problem gets worse and worse. Now we're coming to the point where all of these programs are huge debt bombs that cannot be sustained. but does anyone get the message? no, instead we institute another huge program that will blow up the heathcare industry over time. we'll spend more but receive less, only now the rationing will be done by the merciful and all knowing federal government.

its like in medieval times the doctors liked to administer a good bleeding to help their patients get over any kind of illness. well in the same way the statists only solution is to give the private sector a good bleeding, in order to cure what they see as inequities in society. only one problem, the private sector is now almost a lifeless corpse.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Foolish Pleasure....you need to post more in off-topic...:ThmbUp:

skate
03-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I'll take a shot at this one. In case you missed it, Elkabong, not one Republican voted for healthcare reform. From that one may deduce that the window of opportunity to pass any meaningful healthcare reform was a narrow one at best. Obviously, Dems felt longterm healthcare reform was a bigger priority in this country than short-term unemployment issues. It was a tough call but I believe the Dems got it right. And it goes without saying that the Party of No only delayed any meaningful healthcare reform at every turn. Hence, the length of time needed to get something done.

Your statement that "there's no reform" confuses me. If there is indeed no reform why are Republicans and conservatives convinced the sky has fallen? :confused:

funniest one I've ever heard:lol:

skate
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
I hear Massatwoshits has four Insurance Co., all asking for an increase, like 40%.

newtothegame
03-22-2010, 11:41 PM
The libs keep talking about "ban" on preventing pre existing from being covered.....
ban on this...ban on that,....
OK, fair enough.... all those things are thoughtful......
But at what cost?
HOW MUCH WILL A PRE_EXISTING PERSON have to pay to obtain coverage in that risk pool???
Are you gonna tell me that the government has now said how much an insurance company must charge as well for that premium???
Unless someone shows me otherwise, I would bet these high risk premiums will either 1. be unattainable due to price, or 2. EVERYONE elses premium goes up to cover for that pool. After all, the government can mandate alot of things now a days apparently, but they can NOT force a privately held company to stay in business and take losses.
Seriously, has anyone seen prices as of yet?????
Nice in theory but reality slowly sets in..........:bang:

boxcar
03-22-2010, 11:42 PM
funniest one I've ever heard:lol:

What's even funnier is that NJ and his kind only know how follow Republican or private sector money. I guess he's so brainwashed or drunk on the kool-aid that he believes liberals have no use for the green stuff. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ElKabong
03-23-2010, 01:28 AM

This is the very reason I'd like my home state to secede, legally. I don't see a future for this country. You don't know how hard it is for me to type that, but it's true. There comes a point where it's time to calmly ask (my) legislators to at least look at the possibility. This is a losing battle, regardless of which party is in power.

I talk to SoCalFan on the phone practically every week, have met local posters on this board. I've always said it (secede from the US) was crazy thinking. Not now, my generation has seen what's happened to Detroit, Cleveland, LA, etc. Pure wastelands that won't get any better b/c their local and state governments have drenched their polulace with the feeling of victimhood.

Stupid is, as stupid does. I see no reason to watch the country go downhill any further with my tax $. The US will become the 21rst century equivalent of 20th century France. As sad as it is, it's true. The more conservative states would be well advised to cut these wastelands loose.

JustRalph
03-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Foolish Pleasure....you need to post more in off-topic...:ThmbUp:

I agree, but all he does is get me riled up even more!! :ThmbUp: