View Full Version : Letswastemoney's GP Picks of the Day 3/20

letswastemoney
03-20-2010, 02:37 AM
8th: Rampart, F&M 4yo+, 9f

Most Likely: #8 Unrivaled Belle 2-1
Next Best: #6 Miss Singhsix 6-1
Best Value: #5 Even Road 10-1
Super Add: #4 Aurora Lights 3-1

All the comments from the Bambera camp indicate she is not ready for her best yet. In addition, can you think of a quality horse off the top of your head that started their career in Venezuela? There are probably some. I cannot think of them right now.

Unrivaled Belle showed her class last year running second in the Gazelle. She is 4 now, so I expect some improvement.

9th: Appleton G3, 4+, 7.5f-T

Most Likely: #3 Kiss the Kid 5-2
Next Best: #7 Rahy's Attorney 3-1
Best Value: #2 Together Indy 12-1
Super Add: #9 Almoradi 8-1

Didn't like what I saw in Rahy's Attorney's last race. In 3 starts on American soil, he still doesn't have a win yet. It's possible that he just might like Woodbine better. Then again, his best race still could probably win.

Many of the defending champion Kiss the Kid's past turf races would be good enough to win this, and although he hasn't been racing much on turf lately, his dirt form shows he's sharp at least. I'm willing to forgive the Quality Road race.

10th: G2 Swale, 3yo, 7f

Most Likely: #7 D'Funnybone 6-5
Next Best: #3 Iboyee 4-1
Best Value: #9 Privilaged 20-1
Super Add: #6 Dixie Band 6-1

Although Gary D is interesting as well, his improvement in his last race might be attributed to the surface switch to synthetics.

Anyways, D'Funnybone has beaten many of the horses in this field. BC disaster can be forgiven considering that no eastern based dirt horse made a dent in those 2 days. I expect him to win.

I would not be surprised if either Privilaged or Dixie Band turned out to be totally different horses on dirt though, as neither horse has ever tried dirt in their short careers. Interesting that a reputable trainer such as Sadler would bring Privilaged out here after some slow (even for synth, slow) efforts on various synthetic tracks.

Maybe Sadler knows something about his dirt ability that can't be seen on paper. Maybe not. We'll see.

Anyways, those are my selections and explanations for those 3 races.

letswastemoney
03-20-2010, 07:45 PM
I didn't play it this way, but I wished I used my own selections to play a straight trifecta in the Swale.

Instead I had a pick 3 singling to D Funnybone, but I missed on the turf race before that.

Also, it was pretty shocking seeing Bambera bet down so heavily.....hope people here avoided her like the plague.