PDA

View Full Version : $3.00 gas

ArlJim78
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Okay I paid $3.07 per gallon this morning. The last time it was over $3.00 I was told it was Bush and Cheney manipulating the price to benefit their oil cronies.

just to be sure, are we still blaming Bush this time, or does Obama have some oil cronies also.

just wanted to know the latest on the gas price conspiracy front.

Warren Henry
03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay I paid $3.07 per gallon this morning. The last time it was over $3.00 I was told it was Bush and Cheney manipulating the price to benefit their oil cronies.

just to be sure, are we still blaming Bush this time, or does Obama have some oil cronies also.

It is undoubtedly still Bush's fault. Obama inherited this mess, he didn't create it. Why, if he hadn't come along, gas might well be over $6/gal.

rastajenk
03-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Jim, where's your gratitude? :eek:

Tom
03-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Wonder how that moron chick who was counting on Obama filling her gas tank feels about the LSOS now?

johnhannibalsmith
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
If that gas happens to be hot air, I'm sure she is contently full.

PhantomOnTour
03-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Think for yourself-don't rely on what you were told. Who told you that?

ArlJim78
03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Think for yourself-don't rely on what you were told. Who told you that?
thanks for the advice, it was a sarcastic reference to some comments made around here a couple years ago.

PhantomOnTour
03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I know. I just like to bust the ba**s of some right leaning political folk who are trying to perfect the Liberal art of whining about the current President.

Folks did not want to hear it then, but now they feel justified in acting the same way :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was lame in 2003 and it's still lame 2010.

ArlJim78
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I know. I just like to bust the ba**s of some right leaning political folk who are trying to perfect the Liberal art of whining about the current President.

Folks did not want to hear it then, but now they feel justified in acting the same way :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was lame in 2003 and it's still lame 2010.
speaking of lame, you still don't get it.

I wasn't whining about the president. It was a shot at people who used to whine about Bush and gas prices.

of course on many other threads I go off on this president on a daily basis, but this isn't one of them.

PhantomOnTour
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
speaking of lame, you still don't get it.

I wasn't whining about the president. It was a shot at people who used to whine about Bush and gas prices.

of course on many other threads I go off on this president on a daily basis, but this isn't one of them.
So you're whining about the whiners?
I'm just whining about you whining about the whiners ;)

rastajenk
03-19-2010, 09:56 PM
It's a vicious cycle. :bang:

:D

Show Me the Wire
03-19-2010, 10:04 PM
So you're whining about the whiners?
I'm just whining about you whining about the whiners ;)

Spoken like a true politically progressive person, there is no pleasing a real progressive. Whine about everything and anything. :)

fast4522
03-19-2010, 10:13 PM
E.) None of the above,

Your favorite "The Bilderberg Group" loves all your SUV's

Tom
03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
POT...we are mocking you guys. :lol:
Maybe we should have thrown in a graph and cartoon.

PhantomOnTour
03-19-2010, 11:51 PM
POT...we are mocking you guys. :lol:
Maybe we should have thrown in a graph and cartoon.
Really Tom? You spend A LOT of time mocking then. Yeah, you're not complaining, you're mocking those before you who have complained... yada yada yada...can't we just agree and call it drivel? It was in 2003 and it is in 2010...unless, ofcourse, the Libs(during W's terms) were just mocking the Repubs who whined during Clinton's terms...and yada yada yada.

You guys ? Whom do you mean? Libs? Obama devotees? I belong to neither of those groups.

Tom
03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
The libs on this boards - pay attention.
We just want them to explain why the EXACT same situation under Bush is not even mentioned under Obama.
We call it credibility.
See, the diff is we complain TODAY about REAL issues going on, not conspiracy theories with no basis. Try searching for "hcap and perp walk", or perch! :lol:

If you want to play the game, read the archives.
you only slow down the flow when you have no clue what is going on.

NJ Stinks
03-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I paid $2.57 a gallon for regular today. How can that be? Our state tax per gallon is 10.5 cents a gallon. I believe that's the 3rd lowest state gas tax per gallon in the nation.

How can I ever leave this virtual tax haven? :lol:

PhantomOnTour
03-20-2010, 12:51 AM
I know the term 'you guys' referred to the Libs on this board. I questioned it because that term seems to include me, which is inaccurate. Dig?

Believe me, if I read what Libs on this board posted from 2000-2007 or so I would laugh at them too. Sorry, archive searchin ain't my cup of tea though, so I will formulate my opinions based on what I read from folks in the present.

ElKabong
03-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Back to the topic (kinda).....Listen to a guy on KLIF 1190am on Sat mornings at 9:05 or so. It's online. Ed Wallace's show (liberal, btw) goes over refinery capacity, Cushing OK inventories, oil tanker "inventory" at sea not included in Cushing's #'s, etc.

This show, for the whole oil price manipulation "thing", has been great for the past 3 years. He was on the facts long before anything in the mainstream. Supply / demand had little to do with anything, he was the first person I heard articulate the problem.

His show lasts for 5 hrs, but the #'s are reeled off for only a few minutes....then on and off he'll get a caller about the markets. It's not a political show but very informative.

Bush Cheney had little to do with it, but the libs here had their field day with it.

lamboguy
03-21-2010, 09:03 AM
the world is going to be a better place once we stop labeling others and ourselves liberal's or conservetives. one side has no right to convey their ideals onto the other one. human beings should try to live their lives and do the right thing without hurting or taking advantage of others. you should have a strong code of moralitythat you should live by and teach your children.

that is the way this country was founded, and we have slowly but surely faded away from what their intentions were to begin with. those guys that wrote the bill of rights and the constitution knew exactly what they were doing. they were alot smarter and cared more about this place than the people today who try to re write and amend their thoughts to secure their own personal values from either side.

jballscalls
03-21-2010, 09:32 AM
yeah gas is cheaper in oregon where we have an extra tax to have it pumped, than it is in washington, then again washington is the tax capital of the world

slewis
03-21-2010, 09:34 AM

I posted last year (and factually proved) how the percentage increase in gasoline prices were not in line with those in Europe given the increase in global oil prices when Bush and Chaney manipulated the American public to fill their cronies pockets in the dying days of the worst administration in the history of this country.

So now I'll shut you're double digit IQ up again by pointing out how the percentage increases in Gasoline prices are the same here as they are in Europe and pretty much in line with GLOBAL oil prices.

Go to www.eia.doc.gov (http://www.eia.doc.gov) and look at the chart.

Then have someone you know who can do some math get a calculator out (not the Fisher Price model you got for Christmas, a real one) and check the percent changes for Europe vs USA.

Do yourself a favor and find a good health care thread to yap about...this one's a losing battle.

slewis
03-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Typo on the link....

www.eia.doe.gov (http://www.eia.doe.gov)

Search for the prices USA vs europe...they are all there.

slewis
03-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I'll make it easy...here is one of numerous charts:

www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/prices.html#motor (http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/prices.html#motor)

jballscalls
03-21-2010, 10:14 AM
i have a feeling they will still say your wrong!

JustRalph
03-21-2010, 05:25 PM
WELL, if it so easy to manipulate, why isn't the Savior Obama the Great one manipulating the price here in the USA to save us all?

SLewis, can you answer that one? How about he just come up with a Discount card for Dems/Libs ? Since you think it is so easy to manipulate the price ? Why isn't he doing it?

bigmack
03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
So now I'll shut you're double digit IQ up again by pointing out how the percentage increases in Gasoline prices are the same here as they are in Europe and pretty much in line with GLOBAL oil prices.
Assuming you're right and he has a double digit IQ, I gather that means you're in the realm of a shoe sized IQ being you don't know the difference between your & you're.

Your condescension is a result of your frail ego. Crack.

skate
03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
I paid $2.57 a gallon for regular today. How can that be? Our state tax per gallon is 10.5 cents a gallon. I believe that's the 3rd lowest state gas tax per gallon in the nation.

How can I ever leave this virtual tax haven? :lol:

Do you pump your own fuel?

That $2.57, has at least 4 to 5 (location origination, fuel) other taxes attached.

Take away your property tax, you be about $2.30, but you have about .33 to .43 right at the pump alone.

Real tax is way closer to 50%.

bigmack
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Cal #1, NY #2. Oh joy!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/3_21_10_14_53_38.png

Tom
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Dammit Mac, you beat me again!:mad::D

skate
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
of coarse NJ was talking State tax at the pump only and not Fed, Property, delivery, refinery, Tariffs and the employee tax of all those that handle fuel.

doesn't stop there...

bigmack
03-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Dammit Mac, you beat me again!:mad::D
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/102.gif

skate
03-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I posted last year (and factually proved) how the percentage increase in gasoline prices were not in line with those in Europe given the increase in global oil prices when Bush and Chaney manipulated the American public to fill their cronies pockets in the dying days of the worst administration in the history of this country.

Go to www.eia.doc.gov (http://www.eia.doc.gov/) and look at the chart.

Then have someone you know who can do some math get a calculator out (not the Fisher Price model you got for Christmas, a real one) and check the percent changes for Europe vs USA.

Do yourself a favor and find a good health care thread to yap about...this one's a losing battle.

Good point.
Does the Stability in fuel prices (world) have anything to do with the increase product (fuel) coming from Iraq?

ArlJim78
03-21-2010, 06:56 PM

I was counting on you to emerge with this stuff. I have to confess it makes me laugh. Keep up the good work professor.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/102.gifI'm not getting this....a little help please?

bigmack
03-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm not getting this....a little help please?
Inside joke

Foolish Pleasure
03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Euroboy I am going to make this as simple as possible for you.

Representative Paul Kanjorski (D-PA) appeared on C-Span on January 27, 2009 and told an astonishing story of how the financial crisis started.
YouTube - $550 Billion Disappeared in "Electronic Run On the Banks"

The bottom line, according to Kanjorski, is that on September 18, 2008 at 11 a.m. some $550 billion dollars disappeared from America’s money market accounts - all within a one to two hour time frame.

The U.S. Treasury poured $105 billion dollars into the system and realized they couldn’t stop the drain. They closed down all accounts. Without doing so, they estimated by that afternoon, $5.5 trillion dollars would have been drawndown, resulting in the collapse of our political and financial system - and not just the U.S. but around the world.

The above resulted in an instant and sharp devaluation of the dollar,
since 80% of oil is traded in dollars and the dollars just became worth less-

what figures to happen? Is is going to get cheaper or more expensive?

The above was caused by the collapse of Lehman-it was the ensuing panic as people ran for the doors-

This is panic as one of the largest investment banks in the world is about to go broke.

sorry no idiotic eurotrash conspiracy here.

we the brash ones yet it the euro donks posting leftists bullshit on US message boards.

if a total idiot like me can see through your nonsense, what would someone with an actual functioning brain say?