PDA

View Full Version : DELTA DOWNS, 9TH RACE -Best Inquiry-3/18/10 I Have Ever Seen-Stewarts Did Their Job

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 12:41 AM
The Stewart's did their job and protected the bettor.

How to screw up a race, tonight was the best way to ruin it for the 3rd favorite.

The starter for the gates , hit the trip switch before the jockey was even on the horse, the poor handler almost lost his arm when the horse came out of the gate.

The Poor horse took 1 steps, made a quick left turn, smash into another horse and headed back to the barn.

This was very dangerous for everyone.

If you can log into the site, watch the race and on how to ruin it for the owner , trainer and jockey

The players got a refund. (Non Starter)

Stillriledup
03-19-2010, 01:10 AM
They deserve a Root Beer! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Somebody's supposed to get punk'd in this thread, right?

The whole "Stewarts" thing is part of the gag, right?

I get it...hah hah....

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Somebody's supposed to get punk'd in this thread, right?

The whole "Stewarts" thing is part of the gag, right?

I get it...hah hah....

lamboguy
03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
how come they didn't give back the money on the horse that got whacked when he made a left hand turn. i see in harness all the time when the 1 horse breaks and compromises the chances of the 9 that starts behind him the money on the 9 gets refunded.

Lasix67
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I know the stewards are nuts most of the time, at least in our eyes, but this was a no brainer. The horse actually broke thru the gate before being reloaded and the gate crew almost lost his arm doing a great job keeping this horse from running off. Then they reload him and the jockey isn't even aboard and the starter opens the gates and the poor guy almost loses his arm again and the horse takes an immediate left into the :7: and then finds the small opening to the infield. Of course he was one of the three horses i had in that leg of the pick 3. :rolleyes:

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
how come they didn't give back the money on the horse that got whacked when he made a left hand turn. i see in harness all the time when the 1 horse breaks and compromises the chances of the 9 that starts behind him the money on the 9 gets refunded.

Maybe someone can say, I don't know Louisiana rules on this.

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I know the stewards are nuts most of the time, at least in our eyes, but this was a no brainer. The horse actually broke thru the gate before being reloaded and the gate crew almost lost his arm doing a great job keeping this horse from running off. Then they reload him and the jockey isn't even aboard and the starter opens the gates and the poor guy almost loses his arm again and the horse takes an immediate left into the :7: and then finds the small opening to the infield. Of course he was one of the three horses i had in that leg of the pick 3. :rolleyes:

I felt sorry for all, owner, trainer and PLAYER, everyone got screwed.

I have never seen anything like this before, the starter opening the gates before the jockey is on the horse.

46zilzal
03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I know the stewards are nuts most of the time, at least in our eyes,
The stewards take a lot of crap but then the FAN does not have the multiple head on views that they have. I often have to hold a photo before I put an overlay over a DQ'd horse and go into their office while they are adjudicating foul claims. They are very logical and thorough about it. They have a difficult job to do and do it well 99% of the time.

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 01:19 PM
The stewards take a lot of crap but then the FAN does not have the multiple head on views that they have. I often have to hold a photo before I put an overlay over a DQ'd horse and go into their office while they are adjudicating foul claims. They are very logical and thorough about it. They have a difficult job to do and do it well 99% of the time.

yes you are right, when dealing with players, most of the time, you have hell to pay.

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.deltadowns.com/replays.html

twice they had problems with the 8 horse.

Brogan
03-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I felt sorry for all, owner, trainer and PLAYER, everyone got screwed.

I have never seen anything like this before, the starter opening the gates before the jockey is on the horse.
Seems to me there was an incident in NY a few years ago (Saratoga maybe?) where the starter popped the latch before the last two horses had loaded.

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Seems to me there was an incident in NY a few years ago (Saratoga maybe?) where the starter popped the latch before the last two horses had loaded.

Very rare situation

monistee
03-19-2010, 02:54 PM
If you look at it in slow motion, the 7 horse did not receive a fair start. That's my opinion. It looked like he still had a hold of the 7. They should have refunded the money on him also. What does everyone else think.

Igeteven
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
If you look at it in slow motion, the 7 horse did not receive a fair start. That's my opinion. It looked like he still had a hold of the 7. They should have refunded the money on him also. What does everyone else think.

yes you are right, their rules, horse comes out with a jockey, good bye money

Steve 'StatMan'
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
They've had some strange incidents, but I'm sure glad when they do the right thing. A few years ago, they started a race well up the 1 1/16 mile chute on the home stretch. The ambulance waits in the far turn until, behind the big fence, until the horses pass, to follow them. One horse had a bad hangup in the gate, rest of field seems 1 1/16 mi ahead of him. Field missing this horse passed the far turn, and just as ambulance is pulling out, here comes the troubled horse, scares him he evades well toward the grandstand to avoid crashing with the ambulance, and loses his rider. They stewards made him a non-betting interest, thankfully. If not for the start, definitely for the ambulance.

Don't have to tell the experienced fans and posters that racing finds no limits on strange things that happen with so many horses (free moments unpredictable) and people involved.

deathandgravity
03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow. :eek: .. at least the starter waited till the assistant starter got out from in front of the gate....

Igeteven
03-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Wow. :eek: .. at least the starter waited till the assistant starter got out from in front of the gate....

It was, can one imagine what if he did. Goes to show how dangerous it's

Lasix67
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
I remember a couple of years ago at Evangeline when they had to call an entire race a no contest because of a faulty gate. There was about 10 horses ready to go and once the gate opened all of them opened differently from one another. It was so strange how they did that.