PDA

View Full Version : Angel Serpa freaks me out

GameTheory
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Maybe you'll find it amusing.

Even though I've been looking at PPs and charts for a long time and should be used to seeing his name, I still do a double-take every time I see listed jockey "A. Serpa" because that is my name as well (Not Angel, but initial "A"). I find it distracting, and I think I unconsciously look for excuses to bet on him.

statepierback
03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Contact a lawyer and then change your name. That should take care of these "issues" :)

chickenhead
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
your avatar freaks me out. He makes me want to bring back Sam Cassel.

GameTheory
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
your avatar freaks me out. He makes me want to bring back Sam Cassel.New avatar, check. Sort of the dog version of Sam.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Maybe you'll find it amusing.

Even though I've been looking at PPs and charts for a long time and should be used to seeing his name, I still do a double-take every time I see listed jockey "A. Serpa" because that is my name as well (Not Angel, but initial "A"). I find it distracting, and I think I unconsciously look for excuses to bet on him.Knowing your real name as I do, the first couple of times I caught his name I sort of did a double take myself...:lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
03-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Me too GT. At least now I know his name is Angel.

I used to get that strange feelling back in the early 90's with S. Miller, only that rider was Scott Miller. First day I ever went live to old SPT in , he was one of several jocks that went down in a fatal spill (Rodney Dickens.) Whenever I see that chart from that race, I cringe, and then I see S. Miller name in the chart and I cringe even extra for a few seconds.

turfnsport
03-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Have you lost five pounds recently?

It could be worse. Your name could be Boca Chica.

Tom
03-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I thought I was betting on you!

Robert Fischer
03-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I thought I was betting on you!
:D

johnhannibalsmith
03-20-2010, 02:02 PM
"Angel Serpa freaks me out"

Jose Espinoza seconds this feeling.

tzipi
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
"Angel Serpa freaks me out"

Jose Espinoza seconds this feeling.

:D . I'm glad he's ok and the horse seemed ok too as he ran on. That could've been really bad.

BUD
03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
:D . I'm glad he's ok and the horse seemed ok too as he ran on. That could've been really bad.

I Undestand stranglgley I do

my kids Aftershool plal wannbees

She was tellellinig me of a poor studunt who had an accident More like a deluge

She came across the PP's FATE would show the name A.Tinkler--SHE Is kind

Would not say the name---Dad Thats My Play-PLEAZE-Il Pay you back---bla blah--OK----A was like 27 35/1--high-HE IS GETTITTING SAVY

THROW 5 W 3 P-- A T wins--PARTY OUR HOME-- I LT IT--SCHOOLS ALMOST OUT--HONOR NOW

LORD what a GaMe

luv it

Zman179
03-21-2010, 11:59 AM

Got that right, how Espinoza landed back in the saddle after being airborne...wow.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Serpa gets 15 days for that one.

Tom
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
That was quite a recovery!
Hope he bought a lottery ticket last night.

FantasticDan
03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Got that right, how Espinoza landed back in the saddle after being airborne...wow.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Serpa gets 15 days for that one.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111619.html

breezing
03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
got hit with 30 day suspension. as for the horse (from drf link in previous post)

Gary Contessa, the trainer of Freudian Storm, said his horse was bleeding out of his nostrils and had a concussion.

"He's going to be out a while," Contessa said Monday of the 4-year-old gelding. "He didn't stop bleeding out of the nostrils until late [Sunday]. I've been training horses 30 years, I've never seen a true horse concussion, but he was shaking his head. After we finally walked him and got him cooled out, he started colicking. Today, he's better. He's still got a little blood trickling from the nose. He hit his head hard."

some additional contessa quotes here http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/horse_racing/through_the_binocs_3md3mbXer5vUzOD5Il3KeN

GameTheory
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, guessing he won't be bugging me for a while...

sandpit
03-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, guessing he won't be bugging me for a while...

Yep, he had already got hit with a five day suspension for another infraction, plus this 30 now...odds are he's not making many friends in the jocks room. After I saw the video, I thought for sure we'd be hearing some story about the two of them in a post-race brawl.

born2ride
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
got hit with 30 day suspension. as for the horse (from drf link in previous post)

some additional contessa quotes here http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/horse_racing/through_the_binocs_3md3mbXer5vUzOD5Il3KeN
IMO the guy should be banned permanently, that kind of behavior is not acceptable. I hope Freudian Storm is ok.

FantasticDan
07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Fast-forward 16 months, and Freudian Storm stopped badly and collapsed in the stretch of the 7th race today at Finger Lakes. The chart only says "vanned off", but they had the screens out and he never got up again. I kept hearing heart attack in the buzz around the track, and if that's actually the case, you have to wonder if the concussion and heart attack are related. I know concussions can cause blood clots..

onefast99
07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Fast-forward 16 months, and Freudian Storm stopped badly and collapsed in the stretch of the 7th race today at Finger Lakes. The chart only says "vanned off", but they had the screens out and he never got up again. I kept hearing heart attack in the buzz around the track, and if that's actually the case, you have to wonder if the concussion and heart attack are related. I know concussions can cause blood clots..
So can an excess dosage of stop bleed medication!