PDA

View Full Version : Hail to the Chump

bigmack
03-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Sales pitch like this would have put PT Barnum outta biz in a week.

wJT6XNChso0

VgUNXWb6lCI

johnhannibalsmith
03-18-2010, 11:26 AM
BB: Mr. Prez, do you support the Slaughter Rule?

Prez: What I support is, uh, giving people a right to buy insurance without, uh, blah blah...

BB: Mr. Prez, do you oppose the Slaughter Rule?

Prez: What I oppose, uh, are insurance companies that blah blah blah...

BB: Are the special deals in the bill?

Prez: The bill is a good bill and it will be online for 72 hours, blah blah...

BB: But are these deals still in the bill?

Prez: What is in the bill is an opportunity for Americans to get coverage, blah, blah, blah....

I watched that yesterday and what a collossal waste of my twenty minutes. I'd rather see more dodging from Eric Massa, at least his nonsense is mildly voyeuristically entertaining.

This President gets an interview to defend his wonderful bill before the public that is most opposed to it and instead, he says ABSOLUTELY nothing new, makes no effort to quell the real concerns that people have, and instead attempts to bully them with labels and insults.

I must say, I'm not one to insult simply out of disagreement so I haven't been very harsh on El Prez, but that was arguably the lowest point of his presidency. A completely squandered opportunity to appeal directly to his critics and instead, he dodged, weaved, and retaliated with bullshit. He has no defense for any of this and he admitted it; he doesn't care and the interviewer made that point apparent when he closed by asking if his Presidency was a failure if he didn't pass the bill. That was the take home message - the President has no defense for this bill other than doing the right thing risks casting a pall over his image.

Arrogant, smug, and evasive - what a gem for a guy that was grassroots, humble, and a great communicator.

Tom
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
The man is a fountain of mis-information.

boxcar
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
The man is a fountain of mis-information.

When BO discounts the "process" or "procedural rules", this is code for: SCREW THE CONSTITUTION. The end justifies the means no matter what and we'll do whatever it takes to ram this down Americans' throats.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-18-2010, 01:28 PM
"get out there and win one for the fibber"

this should be Pelosi's final plea to house democrats before voting.

GaryG
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
It is incredible that he would give this interview and then just sidestep all of the issues. It further exposes him and reinforces the opinion that most Americans have of him, a posturing narcissist who is clueless about this bill as well as virtually everything else.

Tom
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
So Bozo has postponed his Asian trip yet again.
Let's see, he was supposed to restore our dignity in the world.
So Now he has to explain why he can't come out and play because he cannot get HIS OWN FRIGGIN' PARTY to work with him, even with a SUPER MAJORITY.

He is a Global Jerk and everyone knows it. :lol::lol::lol:

woodtoo
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
So Bozo has postponed his Asian trip yet again.
Let's see, he was supposed to restore our dignity in the world.
So Now he has to explain why he can't come out and play because he cannot get HIS OWN FRIGGIN' PARTY to work with him, even with a SUPER MAJORITY.

He is a Global Jerk and everyone knows it. :lol::lol::lol:

At least he won't be bowing in Asia :jump:

NJ Stinks
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
How many different ways can you say: "I don't give a shit about the process"? Personally, I agree with him. Nobody is going to remember the process down the road.

It's about time Obama is all in. Whether you guys like it or not, he's showing some real leadership. :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
How many different ways can you say: "I don't give a shit about the process"? Personally, I agree with him. Nobody is going to remember the process down the road.

It's about time Obama is all in. Whether you guys like it or not, he's showing some real leadership. :ThmbUp:

You must not have listened much to candidate Obama. If great leadership is being a complete hypocrite, then yes, he is a stellar leader.

GaryG
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, yes.....he is definitely leading his party down the river of no return, or maybe it is down the rat hole of regret. Or the boulevard of broken hearts, or maybe the Highway to Hell.

Pell Mell
03-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Eventually the time will come when you will rue the day you ever heard the name obama. (not a typo) :(

NJ Stinks
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM
You must not have listened much to candidate Obama. If great leadership is being a complete hypocrite, then yes, he is a stellar leader.

Do you mean when Obama said he wanted healthcare for all Americans before the last election? :confused:

johnhannibalsmith
03-18-2010, 07:43 PM
No. Obviously, I meant the many instances where he decried Washington "procedure" and made changing this style of political maneuvering one of the centerpieces of his campaign.

NJ Stinks
03-18-2010, 09:23 PM
No. Obviously, I meant the many instances where he decried Washington "procedure" and made changing this style of political maneuvering one of the centerpieces of his campaign.

That was and is a is a noble goal but hardly why I voted for him. (shrug) Also, can you name the last presidential candidate who didn't say the same thing? I can't.

On the other hand, how many other presidential candidates campaigned on a platform that included healthcare for all?

johnhannibalsmith
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
That was and is a is a noble goal but hardly why I voted for him. (shrug) Also, can you name the last presidential candidate who didn't say the same thing? I can't.

On the other hand, how many other presidential candidates campaigned on a platform that included healthcare for all?

You asked why I considered him a hypocrite and there's the answer. I know why you voted for him - you would have voted for him regardless of what he said in the campaign as long as he was the candidate positioned against McCain.

As to the other question - this is my problem at this point as much as anything. He has basically conceded that the ends justifies the means and that the bill itself isn't important as long as there is a bill. His fear that he will be labelled a failure has superceded the goals and ideals that he laid out while campaigning.

Again, the motto was Hope AND Change. The change was referring to the political landscape. Now, every action that defies that motto is defended by reminding everyone that this has happened before, thus justifying it. Change?

If we can justify everything on the merit of who has done what in the past, then literally anything can be justified and that argument just doesn't impress me or convince me, particularly with a guy that specifically promised a deviation from that type of governing.

If these qualities support his stature as a great leader in your eyes, then we have run plumb out of leaders.

Tom
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

Didn't you holllar a lot about Bush doing things?
Your post would suggest you favor allowing the government to do whatever it wants to in spite of the laws?

That is what is happening here.
The PROCESS is why we have governments. If you don't care about process,
there is no reason to have a government. You would have loved living in Iraq under Sadam Hussein. Maybe that is why you are so happy living under Sadam Hussein Obama.

NJ Stinks
03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Didn't you holllar a lot about Bush doing things?
Your post would suggest you favor allowing the government to do whatever it wants to in spite of the laws?

That is what is happening here.
The PROCESS is why we have governments. If you don't care about process,
there is no reason to have a government. You would have loved living in Iraq under Sadam Hussein. Maybe that is why you are so happy living under Sadam Hussein Obama.

Maybe you missed the fact that healthcare reform already passed the House and Senate? Or maybe not.

JustRalph
03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Maybe you missed the fact that healthcare reform already passed the House and Senate? Or maybe not.

Two different bills passed.......they cannot legally put them together and vote again ......... The Supremes will eventually get the last word

Tyranny is on the horizon........

newtothegame
03-18-2010, 11:16 PM
You asked why I considered him a hypocrite and there's the answer. I know why you voted for him - you would have voted for him regardless of what he said in the campaign as long as he was the candidate positioned against McCain.

As to the other question - this is my problem at this point as much as anything. He has basically conceded that the ends justifies the means and that the bill itself isn't important as long as there is a bill. His fear that he will be labelled a failure has superceded the goals and ideals that he laid out while campaigning.

Again, the motto was Hope AND Change. The change was referring to the political landscape. Now, every action that defies that motto is defended by reminding everyone that this has happened before, thus justifying it. Change?

If we can justify everything on the merit of who has done what in the past, then literally anything can be justified and that argument just doesn't impress me or convince me, particularly with a guy that specifically promised a deviation from that type of governing.

If these qualities support his stature as a great leader in your eyes, then we have run plumb out of leaders.

Very well said!!!
And this is the cruxt of the problem with our political landscape. People have succumbed to the "norm". Its now become accepted that the people have been screwed for "X" number of years so, therefore its ok now.
Me personally, I am sick of it. I have personally wrote Cao in my neighboring district, I have written both of my senators, I have written to the Louisiana legislation regarding My concerns of the status quo. Until people stand up for themselves, NOTHING will change.
If for nothing more, I love the tea party movements because its a movement in which the people are tired of the "norms" that have been and continue in Washington.
Obama's campaign revolved around "Hope and Change". He won easily, this should of told him something (which obviously he DIDNT get). The people WANT and desire that change of the policies and proceedures which have gone in in washington for some time. The difference this time versus previous times as NJ put it where its happened in the past is that this time, the PEOPLE truly are tired and are speaking their voices. Mass was not a fluke. No one thought that that could happen, and still the current admin refuses to see that the PEOPLE will return to ther rightful place, which is RUNNING this country. It may take longer then one election...probably several...but understand this....the tea party movements are not a FAD. They will not just go away....

NJ Stinks
03-18-2010, 11:41 PM
You guys either missed it or don't care about it because you don't like the idea. Obama's 'hope and change' is universal healthcare for all Americans. This bill gets us up to 95% covered. THAT is hope and change I can believe in.

And Tom, when Cheney's vote was the tie-breaker using reconciliation to get the 2003 Bush tax cuts, I didn't cry about the process. I cried because the morons in Washington were cutting taxes while we were fighting a war. :bang:

Question the process when it involves providing health insurance for 95% of all Americans? But don't question the process when it involves tax cuts on dividends and capital gains while fighting a war? If that's what being a conservative is all about, I pass.

ElKabong
03-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Do you mean when Obama said he wanted healthcare for all Americans before the last election? :confused:

Or maybe when 0bie slammed Karl Rove for wreckonciliation on minor issue legislation. Called Rove everything but a child of God for underhanded tactics in passing unpopular legislation....Pot, meet kettle.

Take this double-talking piece of shit president out with the trash in 2012. Can't wait.

NJ Stinks
03-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Take this double-talking piece of shit president out with the trash in 2012. Can't wait.

I know you guys hate it when we bring up GWB, Elkabong, but take my word for it. It seemed like GWB was never gonna leave. Which is my way of saying you are going to have a long wait.

johnhannibalsmith
03-19-2010, 01:08 AM
You guys either missed it or don't care about it because you don't like the idea. Obama's 'hope and change' is universal healthcare for all Americans...

Or you are just ignoring stuff.

"This victory alone is not the change we seek —
it is only the chance for us to make that change."

— President Barack Obama, Election Night, 2008

Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America, is building on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering communities across the country to bring about our agenda of change.

In 2008, millions of Americans got involved in the political process — many for the first time — to fight for a new kind of politics and a better future for our country. Those voices enabled a new beginning — a chance to pursue the real world change our country needs. Now it's time for our movement to rise again, stand with President Obama, and make that promise a reality.

There are many ways to get involved:

Joining grassroots OFA campaigns to support the President's agenda. Online, on the phone, on doorsteps and in town halls in communities across the country, we're building the bottom-up support that makes real change possible.

Spreading the word to friends and neighbors about the President's approach on the big issues facing our nation, like health care, energy and education.

Nothing is more powerful than your voice in your community.
Serving our community in ways big and small. Rebuilding America starts today.

Connecting with other supporters to form strong local groups, ready to take on whatever challenges we face.

Supporting leaders who share our values and are ready to carry forward the fight for change .

Our task is enormous. To succeed, we'll need all Americans, no matter how they may have voted, to join us in the work ahead. If we set aside the old politics that have kept us apart, there's no limit to what we can achieve.

Together, we can create a sustainable and independent clean energy economy. We can provide all American children the first rate education they deserve. And we can finally guarantee high-quality, affordable health care to every American man, woman and child.

Last November, the American people sent Washington a clear mandate for change. But when the polls close, the true work of citizenship begins. That's what Organizing for America is all about. Now, in this crucial time, our voice once again has extraordinary power. Let's use it.

"Senator Obama has been able to develop innovative approaches to challenge the status quo and get results. Americans are tired of divisive ideological politics, which is why Senator Obama has reached out to Republicans to find areas of common ground. He has tried to break partisan logjams and take on seemingly intractable problems."

""The cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and states of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on ... If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we'd see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies." - Barack Obama, Speech in the U.S. Senate, March 13, 2006"

"I'm asking you to believe. Not just in my ability to bring real change to Washington... I'm asking you to believe in yours."

This is all just a spattering of promotion from his very own website. To deny that reforming politics was a lead agenda (no backroom deals, CSPAN, lobbyists, blah blah, etc...), one that drew in a mass of independents and new voters, is to acknowledge that you weren't listening to the message. Are you now going to tell me that people have fallen off of the Obandwagon despite the progress of the health care bill because of Beck? Or maybe perhaps because of the process defied his statements?

It may not faze you in the least because you only heard what you wanted to and drew your own set of conclusions, but clearly, you're not quite representative of the masses.

NJ Stinks
03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
John, I'm not going to make excuses for the Obama quotes, etc. listed above. Obviously, Republicans don't believe in his ideas for a better America. I happen to believe this idea of universal healthcare is good one and worth fighting for even if not one Republican in Washington agrees.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Obama reached out across the aisle on healthcare and got just what I expected. Although I did think one of the senators in Maine may have broken away from her party on healthcare reform. If there is one particular aspect about lack of bipartisanship that bothers me in this whole thing, it's that Olympia Snowe said exchanges were most important and would help small businesses tremendously. But even though this bill does include exchanges, Snowe is still not going to vote for it's passage. Snowe must consider raising taxes the biggest voodoo out there too. That idea has got to go sooner or later or nothing is ever going to get better here IMO.

newtothegame
03-19-2010, 02:09 AM
John, I'm not going to make excuses for the Obama quotes, etc. listed above. Obviously, Republicans don't believe in his ideas for a better America. I happen to believe this idea of universal healthcare is good one and worth fighting for even if not one Republican in Washington agrees.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Obama reached out across the aisle on healthcare and got just what I expected. Although I did think one of the senators in Maine may have broken away from her party on healthcare reform. If there is one particular aspect about lack of bipartisanship that bothers me in this whole thing, it's that Olympia Snowe said exchanges were most important and would help small businesses tremendously. But even though this bill does include exchanges, Snowe is still not going to vote for it's passage. Snowe must consider raising taxes the biggest voodoo out there too. That idea has got to go sooner or later or nothing is ever going to get better here IMO.

You CONTINUE TO NOT READ NJ....
Let me make it as clear as I can....and all reading this thread please answer honestly....
Is there ANYONE here reading this who is against the american people gaining reasonably priced or affordable healthcare?????
I will go first.....
I am ALL for american people gaining affordable healthcare.....(but here is where we start to divide). You and Obamamaniacs assume and even use the wording "at all cost". I am not willing to go that far. I am not willing to use underhanded politics, a rapidly rising debt, more government control of which they have not been able to show they can run anything to date successfully.
The list goes on and on....
let me repeat again....NO ONE IS AGAINST reasonably priced healthcare for all americans. You can spin it however you want, but I do not recall anyone saying they were against affordable healthcare.
its the policy and proceedures at which we arrive there.
Why is that so hard to accept???
Now I klnow your next post will say "why are you guys against people getting healthcare"....so hopefully I have answered lol:bang:

Tom
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I am 100% behind improved health care availability for everyone.
This bill doesn't come close. This bill will hurt everyone,. This bill will deny HC to millions of people. You really need to stop listening to the sound bytes and look at the substance. It is bad, NJ, it is the next in line"

Pearl Harbor
9-11
Obama care.

Believe it.
Obama will do what Osama could not. What Hitler could not. What Tojo could not.

johnhannibalsmith
03-19-2010, 10:59 AM
John, I'm not going to make excuses for the Obama quotes, etc. listed above. Obviously, Republicans don't believe in his ideas for a better America. ...

I'm not a Republican, but I don't necessarily begrudge him his ideas, but rather his execution. Again, I will reiterate, it seems as though on this subject I am in the majority and you are in the minority. For you to say that procedure is irrelevant defies the data that is reported not just on FOX, but as recently as this morning, NBC, which reported that 57% of Americans oppose the procedural maneuverings to attempt to pass the bill. Only 31% (I believe from memory) supported the tactics.

I don't mind if you fall in the 31% category, but let's not pretend that the 31% is more representative of public opinion than the larger percentage is. The vast, vast majority of Americans support health reform and Obama didn't exactly squeak by in the election - so clearly, it matters.

ElKabong
03-19-2010, 08:42 PM
I know you guys hate it when we bring up GWB, Elkabong, but take my word for it. It seemed like GWB was never gonna leave. Which is my way of saying you are going to have a long wait.

I'll have to wait 4 less years for CHANGE than you did. This pleases me a great deal.

GaryG
03-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I'll have to wait 4 less years for CHANGE than you did. This pleases me a great deal.The next congress will be Republican all the way. This jackass in the WH is going to try and do as much damage as possible this year.

NJ Stinks
03-20-2010, 02:18 AM
I'll have to wait 4 less years for CHANGE than you did. This pleases me a great deal.

I was quite sure about that too.

johnhannibalsmith
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm really starting to get annoyed at these Democrat Obstructionists holding up progress... The Party of No, Unless I Get Something Really, Really, Really Swell.