PDA

View Full Version : Roger Way - Cali HANA Rep

DeanT
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Roger Way Joins HANA as First State Rep (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/03/roger-way-joins-hana-as-first-state-rep.html)

We are pleased to announce that Roger Way of California has joined HANA as its very first State Representative. Roger has been a dedicated California horseplayer for many years, and has always been a keen observer of everything California and racing. Whether it be through emails to racings leaders, following CHRB meetings, or speaking to fellow horseplayers, he has been there, watching learning and letting his voice be heard.

"I have been a fan of horse racing since I was 14 years old, and made my first bet at Del Mar a winning one on a horse named "Speedmark" for $18.60. My Dad placed the bet for us and we had a good meal that night and we needed one. My experience with horse racing has been in California for the most part."

"I have always felt that race fans lacked proper representation and could add important input to make the entire game better, but there was no way to make that happen without an organization that was recognized by the industry. We now have that chance with HANA. Though I recognize there will always be different opinions among horse players because it is our nature to be somewhat contrary to the status quo, we must work for the common good, not just for ourselves."

As HANA's state representative in California, Roger will be in charge of bringing any California issue to the board (and other members). He will also make recommendations on a results-based solution to any problem, and hopefully help resolve those problems with those in charge in California. With track surface issues, takeout hikes and a very tough business environment in the state, he will certainly be kept busy.

Roger has often said "racing is a three legged stool, with horsemen, regulators and track owners, but no horseplayers." We hope Roger helps represent the much-needed fourth leg of that stool in California for HANA and all bettors.

Roger's professional background was in corporate management with a well-known electronics manufacturer. Now retired, Roger plays the horses.

"I still love to play the horses, because it keeps me young at heart."

We are delighted Roger has joined the HANA team to help make horse racing better in California.

To join Roger and all of us at HANA you can right here (http://www.jcapper.com/HANA/SignUp/HANASignUpForm.asp?source=1), for free.

lamboguy
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Roger Way Joins HANA as First State Rep (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/03/roger-way-joins-hana-as-first-state-rep.html)

We are pleased to announce that Roger Way of California has joined HANA as its very first State Representative. Roger has been a dedicated California horseplayer for many years, and has always been a keen observer of everything California and racing. Whether it be through emails to racings leaders, following CHRB meetings, or speaking to fellow horseplayers, he has been there, watching learning and letting his voice be heard.

"I have been a fan of horse racing since I was 14 years old, and made my first bet at Del Mar a winning one on a horse named "Speedmark" for $18.60. My Dad placed the bet for us and we had a good meal that night and we needed one. My experience with horse racing has been in California for the most part."

"I have always felt that race fans lacked proper representation and could add important input to make the entire game better, but there was no way to make that happen without an organization that was recognized by the industry. We now have that chance with HANA. Though I recognize there will always be different opinions among horse players because it is our nature to be somewhat contrary to the status quo, we must work for the common good, not just for ourselves."

As HANA's state representative in California, Roger will be in charge of bringing any California issue to the board (and other members). He will also make recommendations on a results-based solution to any problem, and hopefully help resolve those problems with those in charge in California. With track surface issues, takeout hikes and a very tough business environment in the state, he will certainly be kept busy.

Roger has often said "racing is a three legged stool, with horsemen, regulators and track owners, but no horseplayers." We hope Roger helps represent the much-needed fourth leg of that stool in California for HANA and all bettors.

Roger's professional background was in corporate management with a well-known electronics manufacturer. Now retired, Roger plays the horses.

"I still love to play the horses, because it keeps me young at heart."

We are delighted Roger has joined the HANA team to help make horse racing better in California.

To join Roger and all of us at HANA you can right here (http://www.jcapper.com/HANA/SignUp/HANASignUpForm.asp?source=1), for free.that sounds like a great step in the right direction for you and horseracing.

if horseracing remains alive it will be due to your neverending efforts

andymays
03-17-2010, 01:17 PM
This is an outstanding choice! :ThmbUp:

Roger has been speaking out on behalf of Horseplayers for decades and knows California Racing as well or better than anyone I know.

Roger has my full confidence and support because I know he will stay on top of things like he always has. He will be a strong voice for Horseplayers here.

Every Horseplayer who plays California races should give him their support. :ThmbUp:

Go Roger! :ThmbUp:

Igeteven
03-17-2010, 01:33 PM
This is an outstanding choice! :ThmbUp:

Roger has been speaking out on behalf of Horseplayers for decades and knows California Racing as well or better than anyone I know.

Roger has my full confidence and support because I know he will stay on top of things like he always has. He will be a strong voice for Horseplayers here.

Every Horseplayer who plays California races should give him their support. :ThmbUp:

Go Roger! :ThmbUp:

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Stillriledup
03-17-2010, 05:46 PM
:ThmbUp:

Indulto
03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
... As HANA's state representative in California, Roger will be in charge of bringing any California issue to the board (and other members). He will also make recommendations on a results-based solution to any problem, and hopefully help resolve those problems with those in charge in California. With track surface issues, takeout hikes and a very tough business environment in the state, he will certainly be kept busy. ...RW,
Good luck in your new role. :jump:

As one of your constituents, I hope you will try to find out why the complete HANA member survey results have not been released to the general membership for several months now.

Thank you

DeanT
03-18-2010, 12:15 AM
They have been up for some time now on the website under the articles section which was sent to HANA members via email.

Indulto
03-18-2010, 06:07 AM
They have been up for some time now on the website under the articles section which was sent to HANA members via email.This is all I could find on the blog and they matched the e-mails I received. Are you saying that thhe following represents a complete summary of the responses to the "50 Questions" in the member survey?

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
HANA Newsletter Fall 2009 (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/11/hana-newsletter-fall-2009.html)
HANANews Volume 2 Edition 3... We have been busy here at
HANA, blogging, meeting, organizing survey’s…… and it took us awhile to get this quarter’s newsletter out; but here is hoping it’s better late than never!
… Survey, Survey and Survey

… Survey, Survey, Survey
As you know, we recently sent out a link to our first ever member survey, and boy did you respond. Because we are horseplayers and we follow the sport, your emails, stories on industry sites and betting magazines, and chat boards, we have a good idea what we face and what issues are important. But nothing can be a substitute for hearing from you directly.
In August, at the behest of a member (thanks Dan) who does surveying as part of his job, it was relayed that we have reached critical mass and a member survey would have to be done. We constructed the questions over the next two months, and with Dan’s help and your support it was a success.

We are currently compiling the data, but right now be sure that you have spoken loud and clear and there are definitive themes that you all share. We’ll be updating you more and more on this, and we'll be continuing to structure policy based on your concerns.Monday, November 23, 2009
HANA Survey - Tote, Rake and Poly (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/11/hana-survey-tote-rake-and-poly.html)
Nine in ten want tote problems addressed; Huge Majority worried about higher takeout, No consensus on artificial surfaces
We at HANA recently commissioned a comprehensive horseplayer survey of HANA members that we think might be the largest survey of its type done to date. It was constructed by a professional surveyor and it touched on myriad horseplayer issues. We are compiling much of it and it has been eye-opening to say the least. We’d like to share a few general themes. More will be reported later.

Overall we were extremely happy with both the response rate and the demographic breadth. Virtually every state and province had at least one responder and the response to sample size ratio allows us to say that the survey results are statistically valid with 95% confidence.
Both standardbred and thoroughbred players were represented, and we noticed a lot of cross breed play. The average HANA member - like most horseplayers - is dedicated, older, bets or watches several times a week and has been playing and watching racing for many years. We were happy to have representation of the under 49 set though, and were equally happy to see both smaller players and larger players having a say

For those that took the 50 question survey you know we touched on a great many issues (the questions themselves took us a couple of months to construct), and here are some highlights of your responses.
When we asked what your greatest concern was, and prompted you with six or seven possible answers, you chose “pari-mutuel takeout rates”. Only 3% of you said you were “not concerned at all” about this issue.

Your passion and love for the sport came through in question 14, where we gave you another list of things that you may or may not be concerned with. Six in ten of you were very or moderately concerned about the failings of the sport in capturing less and less of a national television audience. You want to see this sport grow, and to see it not growing, makes you very concerned.

For a couple of the other questions on the issues of the day, you showed you are solidly behind one thing, and completely split on another at the margins (we think this is not surprising when you read what they are):
For the question where you had to choose levels of agreement or disagreement: “The industry should spend the money to acquire a secure tote system fast enough to render odds in real time,” you spoke loudly and clearly. Almost 9 in 10 of you believe that this should be done. Years and years of betting a 7-2 or 3-1 shot at two minutes to post and seeing 9-5 or 5-2 at the half seems to have worn on us as horseplayers.
For the section on artificial surfaces it made for an interesting read. When we asked if you’d like us to do something about the issue and "make artificial surface racing a thing of the past", about one in four said “no”, one in four said “yes” and about half said they did not feel strongly either way.

We will be reporting more and more about the survey as time goes on here on the blog and at industry conferences, and we thank every one of you who took time out of your busy days to complete the survey.

As well, we will be coming back from time to time with questions to help us and we hope you participate again. Your voice is being heard- that we can guaranteeSunday,November 29, 2009
Late Money (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/11/late-money.html)
As we reported some of the survey results below (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/11/hana-survey-tote-rake-and-poly.html), almost nine in ten members say that the industry must clean up the tote system. It seems late odds changes are beginning to wear on the fan base. Friday's race 5 at Hollywood Park seems to illustrate this well. …
Monday, November 30, 2009
Who is HANA? Member Demographics (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/11/who-is-hana-member-demographics.html)
… Age- Gender - Term of Participation - Education - Location

As part of our recent HANA member survey, we captured some demographic data for the group, something we've all long wanted -- which goes some ways to answering "Who is HANA, anyway?". Not surprisingly, much of it closely aligns with the known demographics of horseplayers nationwide, but some things might be more unique to HANA.

Go to any track on an average day and two things will likely be immediately evident -- most people there will be male, and most will be middle aged or better. Attracting women and younger patrons has long been a concern for the sport, it's likewise a point of interest for HANA.

18-25: 1%
26-34: 3%
35-49: 27%
50-64: 49%
65+:19%

Female: 3%
Decline to answer: 1%
From the age numbers, you could guess that there is a strong correlation with how long our members have been horseplayers, and you'd be right, more than 75% of our members have been horseplayers for more than 20 years.

Years of playing
0-5: 6%
6-10: 5%
11-20: 12%
21-30: 24%
30+: 54%
HANA members are the backbone of the sport, long time bettors that have put untold dollars through the windows over the years. They know the industry very well. However, these demographics also reflect upon a fundamental truth for the industry -- racing has simply not attracted a younger generation of players, and desperately needs to broaden and strengthen its customer base.

We appreciate all members tremendously, regardless of age or gender, and will continue full force to try to attract all types of members, but this does make one wonder if we could be doing more to attract some of the under-represented groups. We've recently experimented with some targeted advertisements on sites like Facebook in an effort to get the group in front of a different demographic, and we're open to any ideas and suggestions from members towards that end. We know that there simply aren't as many females and younger folks involved in racing, but we'd like to get as many of them as possible, their feedback is vital for everyone.

One really interesting thing that stood out in the demographic data was the education level of our group. I'm not sure what the results are for the entire population of horseplayers, but HANA members as a group are very well educated. For the US at large, roughly 30% of the population has a Bachelor Degree or more, HANA clocks in almost double that rate.

Education Level
No College: 8%
Some College: 33%
Bachelors or Higher: 58
Those are pretty impressive stats, folks, likely reflective of many things -- among them the type of person who is attracted to handicapping in the first place, the above age demographics, and, possibly, some things about HANA specifically.

HANA is very pleased to have a very broad geographic distribution of members. We seek to represent members on the issues in every state, province, and locale in North America, and the data proves this out. They are so broad based that I'm not going to report them all, but here are the top locations:
11%: California
11%: New York
6%: Ontario
6%: Florida
6%: Kentucky
5%: New Jersey
5%: Pennsylvania
5%: Texas
4%: Massachusetts
4%: Illinois
3%: Maryland
3%: Minnesot
Overall, slightly more than 9% of our members reside in Canada, with the remainder being US based.

Next up we will look at betting stats. How often do members play, what do they like and don't like, how often do they play and how much do they bet?

If you would like to join 1400 concerned horseplayers and have your voice heard please click this link (http://www.jcapper.com/HANA/SignUp/HANASignUpForm.asp?source=1). It's free and you can help change racing for the better.

The HANA member survey was done last month, and contained 50 questions for horseplayers. The response to sample size ratio allows us to say that the survey results are statistically valid with 95% confidence. Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The HANA 2009 Year in Review (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/12/hana-2009-year-in-review.html)
…In November we finally completed our 50 question HANA member survey. Well over 500 of you answered the questions on the survey. We have been a little lax in getting a lot of it out, but more and more will be released over the coming months. We would like to publicly thank Dan Needham for offering his expertise on this. He worked tirelessly to make it a reality and it was no small feat. For his work he was paid the princely sum of nothing; we can not possibly thank him enough. …Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Ray Paulick's #1 Story of 2009 - We Were Surprised too (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/12/ray-paulicks-1-story-of-2009-we-were.html)
In the recently concluded HANA survey you told us in huge numbers that you were concerned about late odds drops and the security of the tote. We were not overly surprised. However, when we checked a recent post at the Paulick Report where Ray and Brad counted down their highest traffic stories of 2009 (http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/paulick-report-2009-the-year-that-was/) we were surprised what was number one. …Friday, January 22, 2010
Opening Night at Los Alamitos: Handle Down by 25% (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/01/opening-night-protest-at-los-alamitos.html)
…As HANA members stated in our recently completed survey, takeout rates were their number one issue. They understand that in the long run, a takeout increase lowers handle, lowers pool size and decreases racings growth, and studies by Cummings and the University of Louisville (not to mention comprehensive empirical evidence) backs this up. Horseplayers want racing to grow, not recede. We commend horseplayers for energizing themselves on this issue. …Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tioga Lowers Takeout to New York State Minimums (http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/03/tioga-lowers-takeout-to-new-york-state.html)
… A mutually beneficial dialogue has been ongoing between Tioga management and the Horseplayers Association of North America (HANA) toward how the needs of the bettor may best be met. HANA is a critical resource in understanding our customer and their input has been logical and subjective throughout. They recently conducted a member survey, where over 600 horseplayers who bet more than two times a week on average answered 50 questions, which yielded some interesting stats. Most notable among those was the 85.1% of those polled who voiced “moderate to extreme concern” over high takeout versus the 2.8% who answered that they had “no concern at all” over the cost of wagering. The same poll indicated that 53.9% would be likely to increase their wagering at a reduced level. …

DeanT
03-18-2010, 08:07 AM
They have been up for some time now on the website under the articles section which was sent to HANA members via email.

This is Roger's topic. The articles section of the website has the survey and Jeff I thought did a decent job of explaining things.

If you would like more info, email info@hanaweb.org and someone should be able to help!

Dean

Indulto
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM

This is Roger's topic. The articles section of the website has the survey and Jeff I thought did a decent job of explaining things.

If you would like more info, email info@hanaweb.org and someone should be able to help!

DeanAnd look what he's accomplished already. ;)

Thank you, DT, for directing me to the following article on the website. Apparently I'm not on the email list for the website even though I'm still on the list for the blog and received the invitation link to the survey.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/articlefall2009hanasurvey.html (http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/articlefall2009hanasurvey.html)
HANA Member Survey 2009 Results and Racing's Three Critical Issues
by: Jeff Platt 02/17/2010… The HANA Survey
In September, 2009 we commissioned statistician Dan Needham to create the HANA Survey. The survey itself was 50 questions long and took on average almost 30 minutes to complete. We asked for your thoughts on a wide variety of issues. Dan designed the questions so they could be cross referenced against each other and provide statistical relevance.

Our goal was to let you tell us what you see as racing's core critical issues.

Dan told us up front that in these types of surveys, anything over a 35% response rate is considered "strong." We invited more than 1,300 of you to take the survey and about 500 of you took the time to complete the survey in full. That's a response rate of about 38 percent. In Dan's own words: "Strong."

We believe this survey is extremely relevant to racing because it represents market research targeted at racing's core customers. Keep in mind that HANA members wager on average about $43,000 a year each.
… Complete Survey Results

The complete survey results can be seen here:
http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/fall2009surveyresults.htm (http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/fall2009surveyresults.htm)
Note: .HTM page For ALL Browsers including Firefox and Google Chrome

Or here:
http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/surveyresults.mht (http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/surveyresults.mht)
Note: .MHT Page for Internet Exporer only
It is exactly what I wanted to see. I’m going to curl up with a printout and see what conclusions I can draw from the raw data. :jump:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any discussion of the results here at PA. but I could have missed it. I couldn't find any using the search. Nor could I find an announcement here on that website article similar to this one.

Thanks again, guys, both of you.

chickenhead
03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
just a point about emails from different sources, not specific to you Indy, but I've seen some confusion about this before and just thought I'd try to be helpful for people going forward --

most all blogs have feeds that people can subscribe to receive updates, delivered to them either by email or by way of RSS subscription. I for instance subscribe to the HANA blog by RSS, and I view any blog updates in an RSS Reader. Some others, like Indy, subscribe to the HANA blog by email, so blog updates post to his email. That sort of thing, a blog subscription, is totally seperate from something like the HANA Membership email list, there is no linkage between them. The blog stuff would be handled by a service like Feedburner, a subscription and syndication management tool, all of that info and everything about it exists in a silo that only relates to the blog.

A HANA membership email list (I don't know the details of, but generally) would be a database that's managed by HANA, that's filled by information derived from the HANA sign up page.

I hope that's clear enough. I know for me I received an email about the survey results and HANA Day at the Races last week. I don't think HANA can know who gets emails or who doesn't, or why not, but I do believe they probably can verify that your email address in the database is correct. So any HANA members that aren't receiving emails from HANA proper, should probably verify their email address with HANA via info@hanaweb.org. Or at least, that's what I would do.

Chicken Handler
03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to Rwwupl for his new position.

I took the time to read the blog post, and believe me on this, I look forward to Rwwupl lowering the takeout, making sure the price of coffee is $1, maintaining my beloved Paddock Room, maintaining the Bing Crosby Patio where I can get a good smoke and a good cup of joe, getting jockey agent information in the program, making sure jockeys wear cups and mouthpieces, and for the chicken to be handled better at California racetracks.

Deepsix
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
While that (this post) is obviously somewhat antagonizing, and I'd let it slide, I wonder why Roger (the California HANA Rep) isn't engaging the DMR Forum??? I have recently read where Cangamble was actively engaging the west coast forum, BUT rwwupl hasn't participated. Is he banned from DMR, or what?

DeanT
03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I wonder why Roger (the California HANA Rep) isn't engaging the DMR Forum???
Post 12 is a DMR forum poster....... so that might answer your question. :)

Deepsix
03-21-2010, 08:30 PM
DeanT, that doesn't answer my question. Ignor that post you referenced if you prefer.... is there a reason that rwwupl isn't fielding these California questions on the DMR forum? As I read the series of posts (including the deleted ones, I might add) it appeared that Cangamble walked in looking for a fight. Why not rwwupl addresing the west coast issues instead of Cangamble?

DeanT
03-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi Deep,

Roger talks to folks in Cali racing, trying to get things done, in his own style. He is simply not the type of person to get into arguments on caustic forums like that. Roger (and Jeff) will have some reports on what is happening in Cali on the HANA blog for anyone interested.

Saratoga_Mike
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Deep,

Roger talks to folks in Cali racing, trying to get things done, in his own style. He is simply not the type of person to get into arguments on caustic forums like that. Roger (and Jeff) will have some reports on what is happening in Cali on the HANA blog for anyone interested.

Sounds like you have good person Dean.

Igeteven
03-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Congratulations to Rwwupl for his new position.

I took the time to read the blog post, and believe me on this, I look forward to Rwwupl lowering the takeout, making sure the price of coffee is $1, maintaining my beloved Paddock Room, maintaining the Bing Crosby Patio where I can get a good smoke and a good cup of joe, getting jockey agent information in the program, making sure jockeys wear cups and mouthpieces, and for the chicken to be handled better at California racetracks.

Chicken Handler

GO BACK TO THE DEL MAR FORUM AND CHAT ROOM, YOU ARE WORTHLESS, THE FORUM OVER THERE IS DEAD AND SO JOIN THE GROUP AGAIN

I WILL REPEAT THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN WHEN YOU POST.

Mr. ECB
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
New poster here,

Congratulations to Roger for his new position at HANA. I hope he can help the horseplayer get a better deal in California.

Igeteven, that kind of attitude towards a new poster doesn't make this place seem very friendly. I read on a blog that this was the best forum on the internet, but Igeteven is making this place hostile toward newcomers.

andymays
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
New poster here,

Congratulations to Roger for his new position at HANA. I hope he can help the horseplayer get a better deal in California.

Igeteven, that kind of attitude towards a new poster doesn't make this place seem very friendly. I read on a blog that this was the best forum on the internet, but Igeteven is making this place hostile toward newcomers.

This poster is one of a clique from Del Mar who is supported by the moderators and management there.

The best thing to do if they continue to do this is to send an email to Del Mar mangement and let them know you will not play Del Mar this summer.

You can contact them at this link.

http://www.dmtc.com/contact.php

Indulto
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Hadn't visited the DMTC fan forum in a while, but since things have slowed down here somewhat, I thought I'd see if anyone had anything interesting to say over there.

Sure enough, I found another JP revelation of HANA's demographics:

http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2710&hilit=hana&sid=69aba8f0a1073f165cdeb0bdd8124b04&start=40 (http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2710&hilit=hana&sid=69aba8f0a1073f165cdeb0bdd8124b04&start=40)
Re: Decreasing the Takeout
by JeffFromHANA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 pm... HANA has approximately 1500 members who collectively wager more than $65 million annually. Almost all of us are horseplayers. However, quite a few are owners, trainers, and yes even breeders. Out of the 1500, only a small handful (less than about 25) are what you could call BIG bettors. The other 1475 are racing customers who happen to be passionate about horse racing and see things about racing they think could stand some improvement. ...Well, maybe, but only about a third were passionate enough to complete the survey.:bang:

There seems to be more anti-HANA sentiment there than here, but its hard to tell how much of it is simply a reaction to CG's unique delivery of the message.;) There's one such poster there, Bob B, who's worth reading if only to inspire some thought as to what needs to be addressed in order to start winning hearts and minds, and whether or not the message being delivered is generating some confusion.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2010, 04:05 AM
but since things have slowed down here somewhat,In terms of what? Certainly not overall volume...just curious what you mean...

Indulto
04-19-2010, 04:54 AM
In terms of what? Certainly not overall volume...just curious what you mean...In terms of paucity of posts outside of off-topic from posters I follow like AM and others who generally keep things lively.

rwwupl
04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Hadn't visited the DMTC fan forum in a while, but since things have slowed down here somewhat, I thought I'd see if anyone had anything interesting to say over there.

Sure enough, I found another JP revelation of HANA's demographics:

http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2710&hilit=hana&sid=69aba8f0a1073f165cdeb0bdd8124b04&start=40 (http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2710&hilit=hana&sid=69aba8f0a1073f165cdeb0bdd8124b04&start=40)
Re: Decreasing the Takeout
by JeffFromHANA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 pmWell, maybe, but only about a third were passionate enough to complete the survey.:bang:

There seems to be more anti-HANA sentiment there than here, but its hard to tell how much of it is simply a reaction to CG's unique delivery of the message.;) There's one such poster there, Bob B, who's worth reading if only to inspire some thought as to what needs to be addressed in order to start winning hearts and minds, and whether or not the message being delivered is generating some confusion.

Hi Indulto...

Del Mar (DMTC Forum) has a few angry posters because they lost their "Chat Room" due to bad behavior by a few... and those few want to blame something else. I agree that Bob B is a worthy read.

Anytime you get 1/3 of the people to participate in a survey on anything, I think you can count it very successful,and HANA is gaining recognition everywhere.

I think AM is just taking a breather,when you maintain a high profile you get many stones hurled at you, and you need time to recover. He is still here doing things more in low profile. I have talked to him and he is O.K.

rwwupl

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I see no link on HANA to a list of state reps, or to Way.

DeanT
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Ken,

We only have one state rep so far.

If anyone has a question for Rog in Cali, our email is posted in quite a few spots. info at hanaweb.org.

We should update this info page with Roger's email, so we'll do that.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=725339&postcount=1

We'll get him on the main page as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Dean

Indulto
04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Indulto...

Del Mar (DMTC Forum) has a few angry posters because they lost their "Chat Room" due to bad behavior by a few... and those few want to blame something else. I agree that Bob B is a worthy read.

Anytime you get 1/3 of the people to participate in a survey on anything, I think you can count it very successful,and HANA is gaining recognition everywhere.

I think AM is just taking a breather,when you maintain a high profile you get many stones hurled at you, and you need time to recover. He is still here doing things more in low profile. I have talked to him and he is O.K.

rwwuplHey rw,
Thanks for the update on AM.

I'm not challenging the statistical validity of the survey, merely the passion of those who didn't complete it, so please spare me the spin. Leave that for the board members. ;) We're all thirsty for change, but be careful not to drink the kool-aid.

As my "REP," you should know that I appreciate 1) the efforts that you and JP are expending with respect to the CHRB, and 2) the efforts and results by all with respect to the track table. Everyone I show it to is impressed and it really helps drive home the takeout issue for them.

rwwupl
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey rw,
Thanks for the update on AM.

I'm not challenging the statistical validity of the survey, merely the passion of those who didn't complete it, so please spare me the spin. Leave that for the board members. ;) We're all thirsty for change, but be careful not to drink the kool-aid.

As my "REP," you should know that I appreciate 1) the efforts that you and JP are expending with respect to the CHRB, and 2) the efforts and results by all with respect to the track table. Everyone I show it to is impressed and it really helps drive home the takeout issue for them.

Indulto,

Thank you. :)