PDA

View Full Version : The more I look

cees with dees
03-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I am just falling in love with French Song in Aqueduct's first on Wednesday.
This horse was competitive in far better races and the first start for Bruce Brown was in the slop.
Promise of fast strip today and I am expecting this horse to absolutely jog with a big brush on the turn past tiring speed.
Expecting 5/2 but once they see the money, it may have a snowball effect in a race where French Song is truly a standout.
Betting her to win and cold DD with Razzledazzleme and the more I look at that race, Razzle has nothing to beat here.
To complete a cold early pick 3, it's imperative that Propellor Jones gets over before the first turn and if he accomplishes getting loose, regardless of how fast he has to go to secure the front, he is just too much quality for any of these to handle.
Good luck.
Ben

cees with dees
03-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Been doing some fine tuning handicapping this card and the thing I like about a card like this where I like basically one horse in each race, is that win or lose, there aren't any big investments and if I hit the early DD, I win for the day no matter what.
I think I'm vulnerable in the fifth race for sure. If Cohen can get the lead, he'll win but the one has tremendous early lick and if a duel develops, Contessa's charge will be ready to pounce.
Am looking forward to Saarlandisourland. Will definitely be a fair price and there are few words to describe the significance of a trainer change such as this.
See you all tomorrow,
Ben

the little guy
03-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Will there be a third thread before the race if you change your mind, or for some reason don't bet, or can we find that information out in here?

theguarantee
03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Want to make a case for Straight A Student in the second, but Razzlemedazzleme looks to be too far in the clear. SAS track record is unbearable, but the horse is going to win at this level...not an ideal spot at only 2/1 tomorrow, but if it drifted up much I'd be tempted.

I can make no sense of the first race, while I like some things about French Song, I like some things about others as well. Hope you're right.

Don't usually like horses right off breaking maiden, but Framed, if anywhere near 7/2 (yeah right) looks good to me. I do think Framed and Propellor Jones are the only two that will get the distance, and with so many horses that I think will be short/looking to get out early, I think PJ might wear out first time stretching out as we witness a classic case where Dominguez picks up all the pieces late. Anything better than 2/1 I actually like, though with Ramon that might be close.

All I have capped so far, probably for nothing as I will be working and probably can't shoot loose. Just my two cents, good luck tomorrow.

theguarantee
03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Give me Viable as another sickening horse that I like, in the 4th. Non-competitive in all 9 starts, but at least half of them are tosses. Finally probably settled in to right surface and distance and has run well in spots in all 6f dirt races...might be up against it yet again but moves up and sports a good work. Probably the type to make you look dumb for even trying, but will use with Itishaary, with only the FTS really worrying me.

In the fifth, I like Rock Hall Honey. Important rail draw with lots of other speed, should be quickest and good enough to turn back the other speed with this draw...has enough late kick to turn the corner and hold off Perfect Bluff and Sorority Sister if able to save anything at all I feel.

2,5/3/3,8/1 will be my cheap investment in the pk-4 if I can shake loose from work long enough. Would probably play the pk-3's as well.

cees with dees
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Rock Hall Honey is a great pick.
Should be on the engine and if the 5 can't rate, might just run these off their feet and the price will certainly be right.
I really hope the track is fast.
I don't think I've looked forward to a card like this in a very long time. And French Song will dictate very early whether this is a winning day or not.
Good luck today
Ben

cees with dees
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
With the scratch of Rock Hall Honey in the fifth, it really opens the door for French Dip who is not only the best horse in the race, but should now dictate the tempo as well.
Love this card boy and it keeps getting better.
Now, if Murphy's law is in effect, I won't cash a ticket today.
Ben

cees with dees
03-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank God I made a win bet in the first because it's been tough beat city since.
Taking a good shot with French Dip here.
Betting to win and a cold DD with Vinnie Van Go in the sixth and rounding out the pick 3 with the 5,8,9 on the end.
Pressing the 9 of course and will probably make a good win and place bet on her whether I'm alive or not.
Ben

lamboguy
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Thank God I made a win bet in the first because it's been tough beat city since.
Taking a good shot with French Dip here.
Betting to win and a cold DD with Vinnie Van Go in the sixth and rounding out the pick 3 with the 5,8,9 on the end.
Pressing the 9 of course and will probably make a good win and place bet on her whether I'm alive or not.
Ben
nice pick, and real good handicapping because french dip came out of a real good race in gulfstream and paid excellent, i just noticed your post and hope you are feeling well, i know you are feeling great after french dip

PhantomOnTour
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Cees w Dees, glad you are feeling better. Coincidentally, I am home from work today due to illness, and learning a tough lesson about playing the horses while running a fever, having body aches, etc...Just cannot seem to concentrate, and seeing all these winning picks is really chaffing my hide ya know? So, please post a few more so I can give my head a rest! :)

theguarantee
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Glad I got hung up at work. Looks like French Song ran a great race, nice picks.

cees with dees
03-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks man.
Had the races been in a different order today I'd have done much better.
I cashed the win bets on the two French horses but nothing else.
Looking forward to Freshman Dorm tomorrow.
Ben

Rise Over Run
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks man.
Had the races been in a different order today I'd have done much better.
I cashed the win bets on the two French horses but nothing else.
Looking forward to Freshman Dorm tomorrow.
Ben

I just figured you were confused and thought it was Bastille Day, not St. Patty's Day. :lol: :lol: