PDA

View Full Version : Obama threatens Democrats

ArlJim78
03-16-2010, 01:03 PM
this is comedy gold (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7450237/Barack-Obama-threatens-to-withdraw-support-from-wavering-Democrats.html). Obama has threatened to withdraw support for and not campaign for any Democrat who votes no on healthcare.
he may may have doomed the bill with this one gesture.:lol:
__________________________________________________ ___
The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.
A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Mr Obama is personally telephoning congressmen who are still on the fence this week, in between several personal appearances devoted toward swinging public opinion.
__________________________________________________ ______
many will take this as a promise and not a threat.

DJofSD
03-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Did he hold his breathe, turn blue while rolling on the floor kicking all the while?

Steve 'StatMan'
03-16-2010, 01:31 PM
He's helping their campaigns - lately it should cost them money to keep Obama away!

Show Me the Wire
03-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Obama better be careful all the dems, up fo re-elcetion will withdraw their support of the boll, er I mean bill.
:bang:

NJ Stinks
03-16-2010, 01:56 PM
this is comedy gold (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7450237/Barack-Obama-threatens-to-withdraw-support-from-wavering-Democrats.html). Obama has threatened to withdraw support for and not campaign for any Democrat who votes no on healthcare.
he may may have doomed the bill with this one gesture.:lol:
__________________________________________________ ___

Would be nice if this conservative rag quoted the source or sources of this declaration. :rolleyes:

boxcar
03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
After the last few elections, the Dems have to be thinking his stupid threat is a Godsend. What an incentive for a NO vote!

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
John Thune: "We've Gone From Passing Bills Without Reading Them to Passing Them Without Voting On Them"

:lol:

ArlJim78
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM

hO6pvDQTzno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6pvDQTzno&feature=player_embedded

Robert Goren
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
John Thune: "We've Gone From Passing Bills Without Reading Them to Passing Them Without Voting On Them"

:lol: Another trick they learned from the Republicans. Sen Jon Kyl (R-AZ) did same thing with the UIGEA and now he is one of the ones bitching the loudest. I don't remember Sen John Thume (R-SD) saying one word about it. When he starts trying repeal the UIGEA because of the way it was passed, I will start to take him seriously. Until then he is just another two bit politician running his month because he is love with sound of his own voice. JMO

GaryG
03-16-2010, 06:58 PM
You are equating an online gampling bill to the govt taking over heath care???

Robert Goren
03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
You are equating an online gampling bill to the govt taking over heath care???It had a huge effect on my income. As the government taking over health care, it could not be any worse than what I had deal with after I spent almost a month in the hospital. I don't think the government is going tell an employer to fire some one, like my company's insurance did to me. Tell me how that is right.

witchdoctor
03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
As the government taking over health care, it could not be any worse than what I had deal with after I spent almost a month in the hospital.

You never were treated at a VA hospital.

newtothegame
03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Another trick they learned from the Republicans. Sen Jon Kyl (R-AZ) did same thing with the UIGEA and now he is one of the ones bitching the loudest. I don't remember Sen John Thume (R-SD) saying one word about it. When he starts trying repeal the UIGEA because of the way it was passed, I will start to take him seriously. Until then he is just another two bit politician running his month because he is love with sound of his own voice. JMO

Ahhh so i get it...because little johny down the street did it, that makes it right??? lol
Great reasoning!!!! :bang:

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 06:38 AM
You never were treated at a VA hospital.And you didn't deal with my health insurance company.

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Ahhh so i get it...because little johny down the street did it, that makes it right??? lol
Great reasoning!!!! :bang:When they start repealing all the things they did using the same tactics then they get to gripe. Where were you when the republicans were doing this? So it is wrong when it is on health care, but it ok when they used the same tactics to pass largest tax cut in history. If you had bitched back when they were doing that you would have a little credibility. If you are opposed to the health care bill that is one thing, but if your just griping about the tactics used to get it passed then you have got to be consistently or you are not going to be taken very seriously.:bang:

lsbets
03-17-2010, 08:06 AM
When they start repealing all the things they did using the same tactics then they get to gripe. Where were you when the republicans were doing this? So it is wrong when it is on health care, but it ok when they used the same tactics to pass largest tax cut in history. If you had bitched back when they were doing that you would have a little credibility. If you are opposed to the health care bill that is one thing, but if your just griping about the tactics used to get it passed then you have got to be consistently or you are not going to be taken very seriously.:bang:

Here's the thing Robert, and I think you will agree with this. All of the attention focused on the year + inability of the Dems with an ironclad majority to pass the centerpiece of Obama's agenda has shined a bright light on the corrupt process that is our legislative branch in DC. Most people, and even most well informed people, probably never noticed some of the more underhanded aspects of the process before. Now everyone sees it, and almost everyone agrees that it sucks. The solution is not to say well, it was done before, so its okay now. The solution is to say our government is corrupt and does not represent the interests of the people and does not respect the limits placed on it in the Constitution. It is time to get rid of everyone of the corrupt ****s from both parties and start over. Health insurance reform should not be the number one priority in DC, government reform should be. If nothing is done to clean up the mess there, than at some point hopefully, enough brave Americans will deem our government illegitimate and the people will force a change.

Snag
03-17-2010, 08:07 AM
When they start repealing all the things they did using the same tactics then they get to gripe. Where were you when the republicans were doing this? So it is wrong when it is on health care, but it ok when they used the same tactics to pass largest tax cut in history. If you had bitched back when they were doing that you would have a little credibility. If you are opposed to the health care bill that is one thing, but if your just griping about the tactics used to get it passed then you have got to be consistently or you are not going to be taken very seriously.:bang:

Did you bitch when the tax cuts were passed? Can you point me to any web site where I can read the "bill"? Can you show me what is in the "bill"?

delayjf
03-17-2010, 10:19 AM
And you didn't deal with my health insurance company.

Who was your insurance company. I can't imagine any insurance company staying in business long if they habitually refuse to cover their customers. I for one would be infavor of increasing the liability to insurance companies that deny coverage for BS reasons.

HUSKER55
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Humana-obviously you have never had to deal with them. My doctors won't accept them.

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Who was your insurance company. I can't imagine any insurance company staying in business long if they habitually refuse to cover their customers. I for one would be infavor of increasing the liability to insurance companies that deny coverage for BS reasons. Coventry

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Here's the thing Robert, and I think you will agree with this. All of the attention focused on the year + inability of the Dems with an ironclad majority to pass the centerpiece of Obama's agenda has shined a bright light on the corrupt process that is our legislative branch in DC. Most people, and even most well informed people, probably never noticed some of the more underhanded aspects of the process before. Now everyone sees it, and almost everyone agrees that it sucks. The solution is not to say well, it was done before, so its okay now. The solution is to say our government is corrupt and does not represent the interests of the people and does not respect the limits placed on it in the Constitution. It is time to get rid of everyone of the corrupt ****s from both parties and start over. Health insurance reform should not be the number one priority in DC, government reform should be. If nothing is done to clean up the mess there, than at some point hopefully, enough brave Americans will deem our government illegitimate and the people will force a change.I have very little faith that anything is going to change very much in Washington. I have seen a lot politicians say if they get elect they will change things. Never happens. The health care bill now is being held up by anyone who thinks it will effect their re-election but by some anti-abortion congressmen who think that the no government funding for abortion language is not strong enough.

boxcar
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
I have very little faith that anything is going to change very much in Washington. I have seen a lot politicians say if they get elect they will change things. Never happens. The health care bill now is being held up by anyone who thinks it will effect their re-election but by some anti-abortion congressmen who think that the no government funding for abortion language is not strong enough.

Do you think that those who Dems who currently oppose the bill are worried over nothing? You don't think their jobs will be on the line if they vote for this? Are you in utter denial that a very large percentage of Americans don't want THIS bill? Or do you know it, and don't care? Do you think all the really smart people are liberals in DC and they know what's best for the stupid masses and, therefore, should just ram down our throats? Is this the way things work in a free society?

Boxcar

lsbets
03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I have very little faith that anything is going to change very much in Washington. I have seen a lot politicians say if they get elect they will change things. Never happens. The health care bill now is being held up by anyone who thinks it will effect their re-election but by some anti-abortion congressmen who think that the no government funding for abortion language is not strong enough.

I don't think things will change as they are either - unless the people stop supporting the government. Deem it to be illegitimate and stop funding it. That might become the only way to change things.

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't agree with those of you who think that the government can't make life better. We just plain disagree. I will respect your opinion as long that what you really feel, but it won't change my mind. But when you start bring up tactics as a reason for opposing something when they were ok when they were used for something you favored. I have a problem. I do not believe in the out of power republicans conversions have had either. They just want to spend money on different things.

lsbets
03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't agree with those of you who think that the government can't make life better. We just plain disagree. I will respect your opinion as long that what you really feel, but it won't change my mind. But when you start bring up tactics as a reason for opposing something when they were ok when they were used for something you favored. I have a problem. I do not believe in the out of power republicans conversions have had either. They just want to spend money on different things.

So you support tyranny as long as they promise to pay your health insurance?

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 12:08 PM
So you support tyranny as long as they promise to pay your health insurance?I would not call it tyranny, but the short answer is I support government health care. Now a Question for you, Do you support thievery and lying by large companies that they call health insurance?

boxcar
03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think things will change as they are either - unless the people stop supporting the government. Deem it to be illegitimate and stop funding it. That might become the only way to change things.

BINGO! This is precisely the Achilles Hell to government. I pointed this out elsewhere recently. Government is no different from any business venture in the private sector, for in both cases, they NEED OUR MONEY to survive. (You've nailed it perfectly, LS.) What needs to happen in this country is a tax revolt and even national work stoppages. We need to shut this country down because in so doing, we will shut government down. And we need to stop government and shut it down because it has become illegitimate due to its tyrannical policies and practices.

Boxcar

Tom
03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
You are equating an online gampling bill to the govt taking over heath care???

I do.
I did not know about that past shit. I know about current shit, though, and I am outraged. This is a page right out of Hitler's playbook. And Sadaam Hussein's.

This a direct coup of our government and anyone who tries it should be shot on the spot as a traitor. If it passes like this, this nation is no longer deserving any any support on any issue. I say the time to shut this country down is now - national strike - no one works, no one pays taxes. Cut off the tax revenues and let the snake die. Time to take put "Nazi Pelosi" out of a job.

And this other POS repub Robert mentioned, as well. We have no room for bottom feeders like this. This is a deal breaker with America.

Tom
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I would not call it tyranny, but the short answer is I support government health care. Now a Question for you, Do you support thievery and lying by large companies that they call health insurance?

Difference is, we have a choice not to participate.
The government health care is the equvalent of the Nazis taking over Paris.

rastajenk
03-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Those who would trade liberty for health care deserve neither.

boxcar
03-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Those who would trade liberty for health care deserve neither.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
well we've heard from Obama that the time for talking is over.
that everything that can be said about reform has been said.
that people shouldn't pay attention to the cable news networks.
that Fox news in particular isn't a real news network, and should be avoided.

so without further ado, Obama will appear on Fox News today to talk up his healthcare plans, and in so doing contradict everything he said above. I guess this means Fox has arrived and is not considered illegitimate anymore.

Tom
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Trivial pursuit question.
Has Sadam Hussein Obama EVER told the truth about health care?

HUSKER55
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Is that a joke or trick quetion?

lsbets
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I would not call it tyranny, but the short answer is I support government health care. Now a Question for you, Do you support thievery and lying by large companies that they call health insurance?

No. But apparently you support thievery and lying from the government. I support neither.

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
No. But apparently you support thievery and lying from the government. I support neither.What do you think can be done about the insurance companies. If you have one of their policies by the time you need it and find out it is worthless, it is to late to change. You are just plain out of luck. I am not the only horror story out there. I rather take my chances the government.

Robert Goren
03-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Trivial pursuit question.
Has Sadam Hussein Obama EVER told the truth about health care?Who is Sadam Hussein Obama? I have never heard of him. I suppose he could be an agent of my former insurance company. If that is the case the answer is no. Heaven knows those people never let truth slip out even by accident.

Tom
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Who is Sadam Hussein Obama?

The president of Kenya.

GameTheory
03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
What do you think can be done about the insurance companies. If you have one of their policies by the time you need it and find out it is worthless, it is to late to change. You are just plain out of luck. I am not the only horror story out there. I rather take my chances the government.I'm wondering -- did you take legal action against your company? You can, you know.

newtothegame
03-17-2010, 11:32 PM

Obviously, you havent bothered to read many of my post. or of you have, you apparently got side tracked somewhere during the thrust of my post. I do NOT like the current Repugs in congress either. I do NOT like the sleaze that is dripping on what I consider to be the sacred halls of congress. Too many people on both sides of the aisles have used their positions for personal gain. I say again...and have in the past, and will till November (and after if needed) that ANYONE in congress with an (I) after their name needs to go!!!!
As for the bill.....it does not even begin to touch what it is supposed to do which is HELP PEOPLE. It is deal laden with BIG business ultimately winning again. I have no problem with companies making profits, dont get me wrong. But I have an even larger problem with government run programs that continue to be run in the ground. All the while, the government wanting to run more and more of our lives EVEN AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE whom they are suppose to serve.
Any other questions I can answer for ya???

newtothegame
03-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Obviously, you havent bothered to read many of my post. or of you have, you apparently got side tracked somewhere during the thrust of my post. I do NOT like the current Repugs in congress either. I do NOT like the sleaze that is dripping on what I consider to be the sacred halls of congress. Too many people on both sides of the aisles have used their positions for personal gain. I say again...and have in the past, and will till November (and after if needed) that ANYONE in congress with an (I) after their name needs to go!!!!
As for the bill.....it does not even begin to touch what it is supposed to do which is HELP PEOPLE. It is deal laden with BIG business ultimately winning again. I have no problem with companies making profits, dont get me wrong. But I have an even larger problem with government run programs that continue to be run in the ground. All the while, the government wanting to run more and more of our lives EVEN AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE whom they are suppose to serve.
Any other questions I can answer for ya???

And a deal which is also laden with sweet deals to particuliar states and their reps....That alone should tell you what this bill is all about!

ElKabong
03-17-2010, 11:44 PM
As for the bill.....it does not even begin to touch what it is supposed to do which is HELP PEOPLE.

You are correct, of course. But this bill is not about helping people. Never was. It started as a power grab, has morphed into a desperate attempt at finally passing SOMETHING by this administration. Doesn't matter if it's a piece of stinking shit to 0bie, Pelosi, Reid. To them it's the act of passing something.

Robert Goren
03-18-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm wondering -- did you take legal action against your company? You can, you know. Thanks to pressure from the city which my employer had a contract with involving my job, I recieved a small settlement after they attempted to fire me. I am now on SS and have Medicare and Medicaid. They were some rough months, but I am ok (although my health is up and down) now. I try not hold a grudge against the local management because they were just following orders.

scoots63
03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Thanks to pressure from the city which my employer had a contract with involving my job, I recieved a small settlement after they attempted to fire me. I am now on SS and have Medicare and Medicaid. They were some rough months, but I am ok (although my health is up and down) now. I try not hold a grudge against the local management because they were just following orders.

Robert..I wish you better health and the best of luck. I can see your point..
But let me say this. Being from your state and a long time Dem. A forty year Union Member and supporter of Ben Nelson.. I must say he is lower than shit in the ocean to me..
Not withstanding all the other scum that have favored this health care bill..Any bill that contains over 2000 pages has to be a piece of crap. I read about 500 pages..Half of what I read is pigged to the Tax Code.. That should tell us something right there..But Uncle Ben could find one item in it that he found he didn't care for...Ben could have stopped this madness..I will never forgive him...And 5-10 years from now we'll see the that I am right on this one.
I wish you the best fellow Husker..Now and always.